6. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 100.00%
  • no

0 0%
    vCash

Brazil may have been a bad choice for the 2014 World Cup

link

FIFA President Sepp Blatter said Brazil may have been a poor choice to host the 2014 World Cup if the competition is disrupted by protests similar to those that occurred during the Confederations Cup.

"If this happens again we must call into question if we made the wrong choice in the allocation of proof," Blatter told the German agency DPA.

Hundreds of thousands of Brazilians took to the streets during the FIFA Confederations Cup in June, to demand better public services and challenge the costs of organizing the World.

At the end of the FIFA Confederations Cup held talks with the Brazilian government, says Blatter and Brazilian officials "are aware that the World can not be disturbed." FIFA President will return to discuss the matter with President Dilma Rousseff in September.
    ignorant comment but it's no surprise.

i bet he is more pissed off that he can't cash in from the riots because of all the publicity they got during the confederations.

vCash
    It has brought attention to the Brazilian people and their struggles. My question is: if there is no WC, would the money have actually gone to these people?

vCash
    Shame to see it, hopefully things get settled

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieB23Ricky View Post
    All im gonna say is im glad that was the first meeting against them cuz when we get fully healthy we are gonna rape them

vCash
    instead of blatter worrying about the humane side, he is worried of the economical impact that those riots could have. people are going to brazil no matter what and most of this protest are peaceful ones. he should be supporting the people, not condemning them

vCash
    He's gotta go and he wants to move the WC to the winter....that's going to **** up the European leagues schedule. It should have never been in that region as they skipped the N. American region in their "rotation" which is bs. I hope they move the WC from there and it comes to the US. Everything is already set up to host the games too, they don't have to build anything.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    It has brought attention to the Brazilian people and their struggles. My question is: if there is no WC, would the money have actually gone to these people?

not really but the people wouldn;t know that those sums were available

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    He's gotta go and he wants to move the WC to the winter....that's going to **** up the European leagues schedule. It should have never been in that region as they skipped the N. American region in their "rotation" which is bs. I hope they move the WC from there and it comes to the US. Everything is already set up to host the games too, they don't have to build anything.
    the fake rotation is b.s., heavily geared towards Europe and away from N.A. and S.A.

the only problem with the US emergency hosting IMO is the fact that we won't be able to get the full effect of several years of build up and hyping it, thus I've always felt that we wouldn't get the full benefit of hosting. And in the US I think this is crucial to help grow the sport.

the US is in a unique position of having so many stadia to host the tournament on short term notice that's for sure. But saying that we're not the only country that could do that. The problem is most countries that could (meeting FIFA stadia requirements) have hosted it recently. Even if spain or Italy were to host it they'd have to upgrade at least some of their stadia for instance. That takes time and money.

hey, maybe Qatar (JOKE) could host it early?

vCash
    well the USA hosted it relatively recently in 1994. I'm sure come 2030 the WC might be back.
    Sure options like Qatar are laughable but we've never had a World Cup from the area spreading from the Balkan side Mediterranean towards India so it's probably something that had to be done (surely, there's lots of money involved but don't really care about that if the WC ends up fine and is played in the summer)

Russia was due to host one of these tournaments so it made sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    Problem with the rotation is.

There are only THREE countrys in the regin that can host a WC.

Both Mexico and USA had world cups not that long ago, Mexico has had twice in fact.
    Canada, the sport is not big enough there.

SO, it was time for South America wich has not organized one since 1978.

And the only two options were Brazil and Venezuela.
    Fifa did the right thing.

And btw is only normal that the rotation is " heavily inclined to europe" since there are good couple of countrys that have enough stadiums , hotels and everything to organize right away, even if it was on a short notice.

If fifa decided to cancel brazil for next year you could organize it with 0 problems in UK, France, GErmany, Spain, ITaly, Portugal, Belgium, Holland,Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Denmark and maybe even Russia.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    well the USA hosted it relatively recently in 1994. I'm sure come 2030 the WC might be back.
    Sure options like Qatar are laughable but we've never had a World Cup from the area spreading from the Balkan side Mediterranean towards India so it's probably something that had to be done (surely, there's lots of money involved but don't really care about that if the WC ends up fine and is played in the summer)

Russia was due to host one of these tournaments so it made sense.
    Quatar should get the WC removed from them.

They Bought the thing, and human rights are not observed in that country, well in that área in general.
    ]

vCash
    not arguing against that but the World Cup has never been hosted from the area starting the former Yugoslav countries to the east until Japan and to the south until South Africa. I've had no problem with the WC hosted in Qatar if it was under normal circumstances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    not arguing against that but the World Cup has never been hosted from the area starting the former Yugoslav countries to the east until Japan and to the south until South Africa. I've had no problem with the WC hosted in Qatar if it was under normal circumstances.
    For me is not bout Geographical zones.

Is about countrys that are READY and can afford to do so.

In Asia only S Korea, Japan, China are ready for that.
    IN oceania only Australia/new zealanda could be ready for that if advised in advance.
    IN the middle east NOWHERE; ( Israel could be ready but given the political problems i wouldnt do it there).
    IN africa only SOuth Africa is ready.
    IN N.A only USa, Mexico and Canada ( where there is no interest).

And in south America only Brazil/argentina/urugay/ chile are legit options organizasion wise.

Imo, the " alternase" should definetly be 1 for europe 1 for other place in the world, 1 for europe 1 for other place in the world and etc.
    ]

vCash
    And definetly NO THEOCRATIC lead country nor any Non Democratic Country should be awarded Jack.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    For me is not bout Geographical zones.

Is about countrys that are READY and can afford to do so.

In Asia only S Korea, Japan, China are ready for that.
    IN oceania only Australia/new zealanda could be ready for that if advised in advance.
    IN the middle east NOWHERE; ( Israel could be ready but given the political problems i wouldnt do it there).
    IN africa only SOuth Africa is ready.
    IN N.A only USa, Mexico and Canada ( where there is no interest).

And in south America only Brazil/argentina/urugay/ chile are legit options organizasion wise.

Imo, the " alternase" should definetly be 1 for europe 1 for other place in the world, 1 for europe 1 for other place in the world and etc.
    1. Theres interest, but the majority of Canadians wouldn't actually be cheering for Canada.
    2. Canada wouldn't win 1 game, which is an embarrassment.