Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Haren traded to Angels for Joe Saunders, others

Announced on the broadcast. D'backs get LHP Joe Saunders, LHP Patrick Corbin, RHP Rafael Rodriguez & PTBNL

vCash
    Hall and Dipoto or whatever his name is needs to be fired for this crap!!! You get scrubs seriously??? scrubs???? any non-baseball fan can make a better trade than this?? This is why i dont go to games, this is why i dont comment in this forum, if our front office doesnt care enough, than why should I!!!!

vCash
    I thought the diamondbacks said they better get offered a killer deal if they are going to consider trading Haren? We get Saunders who is 6-10 with an ERA of 4.62, another pitcher i have never heard much about, and a prospect who was selected dead last in the 2nd round on the draft, who probably wont start to many games. Good job Diamondbacks. The player that still has to be announced better be a good *** player. I would have rather traded Haren to the Yanks cause at least we good have received something good.
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 07-25-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Our prospects are looking pretty good right now, eh?

vCash
    If the owner cant afford to put a competitive team on the field then he needs to sell the team to someone who can.
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 07-25-2010 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankswin27 View Post
    Our prospects are looking pretty good right now, eh?
    You are a worthless sack of existence and have no purpose in your marginalzied life.

...you guys will probably get Reckling or Conger. Both very viable prospects.

vCash
    Damn guys, why you trying to rain on the Rangers parade. I hope for yall the PTBNL is solid.

vCash

Exclamation

JSaunders may be better than Haren right now. He was 33-14 the last 2 years before this, he's lefthanded, young, and cheap. + 2 more solid pitching prospects. Good return IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHoopsProphet View Post
    You are a worthless sack of existence and have no purpose in your marginalzied life.

...you guys will probably get Reckling or Conger. Both very viable prospects.
    How? What I said is nothing different from what everyone else is saying. Everyone knows for a fact that the prospects the Yankees were dangling are better than whatever the D-Backs got from the Angels. I thought Arizona said that they would only trade Haren for an "A+ return" and that "trading Haren would not be a salary dump". Now, looking at this deal, do you feel that Arizona has received an A+ return for Haren? From what I can see, it is nothing close to that. Looks like a salary dump to me, no?

BTW, nice spelling big guy.

vCash
    IMO i think we already have some decent pitching and some young pitchers that show promise. Our problem is hitting and closing. Im tired of seeing all our hitters, specially in the middle of our rotation always going 2 or maybe 3 hits a game between them. Take today for instance against the Giants. We had runners on first and third with one out in the bottom of the 9th inning with the heart of our batting order up to bat and we couldn't get any of them in and we lose the game. Its sad really. Plus our closing pitching has been sorry as hell.
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 07-25-2010 at 10:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyrayhanky View Post
    JSaunders may be better than Haren right now. He was 33-14 the last 2 years before this, he's lefthanded, young, and cheap. + 2 more solid pitching prospects. Good return IMO
    Are you serious bro?? Saunders is no ace, and he is almost 30, thats young?? rodriguez is a wash up, dude flat out sucks, Corbin might have some upside, in 3 or 4 years which is freakn ridiculous, the PTBN better be the best prospect they have, thats what you ask for when trading an Ace. We just have a pathetic front office, Fire YourSelves!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyrayhanky View Post
    Not even close. You are going to use record to gauge a pitchers value. Saunders periphial numbers are NOT pretty. He is nothing more than a innings eater who won't kill you. Take this year away from Haren and he is easily a quality #2 pitcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisjr08 View Post
    Are you serious bro?? Saunders is no ace, and he is almost 30, thats young?? rodriguez is a wash up, dude flat out sucks, Corbin might have some upside, in 3 or 4 years which is freakn ridiculous, the PTBN better be the best prospect they have, thats what you ask for when trading an Ace. We just have a pathetic front office, Fire YourSelves!!
    I agree. If you say Saunders is better then Haren and you give statistics over the PAST two years then i dont see how you can say "Saunders is better then Haren right now" Haren is an ACE pitcher, Saunders is not. I think the losing atmosphere and lack of hitting in AZ just got to Haren, but hes still a great pitcher. We got robbed in this deal. Even if Saunders and Haren have similar stats and almost the same winning record i dont see how you can say we got a good deal. The 4th player that has yet to be announced better be a good player or we definitely got robbed.

vCash
    You right, I thought Saunders was younger than 29. Hmmm....a bit of a weak deal, but not a screaming weak deal. Haren was overrated and overpaid, crumbles down the strech every year. If take the $ and spend it elsewhere this offseason then we can judge.

vCash
    I don't get why everyone is freaking about this trade. Haren has been I won't say awful, but he has been bad this entire year. Haren and Saunders are not equal, but they are close to the same pitcher. And you can't live on these BS rankings for prospects. Look at the Tigers. Brennan Boesch was ranked their 24th best prospect before the season, so you never know what prospects will come up and do for you.

Thanks for the sig Boozerguy47!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast