Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Zach Wheeler ll SP ll A

Zachary Harrison Wheeler

Bats: Right, Throws: Right
    Height: 6' 3", Weight: 180 lb.

Born: May 30, 1990 in Dallas, Georgia, US

Drafted by the San Francisco Giants in the 1st round (6th) of the 2009 MLB June Amateur Draft.

Prospect Ratings by Baseball America:
    Pre-2010: Rated #49 Prospect

vCash
    Team League W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB SO GO/AO AVG
    AUG SAL 1 3 4.88 12 8 0 0 0 31.1 28 18 17 0 18 39 2.53 .235

vCash
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/...ontent=wheeler

Fastball: Wheeler has great arm strength and can get the fastball up to 95 mph. He sits at around 90-93 mph.
    Fastball movement: It has plenty of life, with a close to low three-quarter arm slot that creates a good angle, especially against right-handed hitters. He throws it down in the zone with sink.
    Curve: He flashes a plus curve, but it's not consistent in the strike zone. He throws it 78-80 mph.
    Changeup: He doesn't really throw it, but he has shown some feel for it and could develop into an average pitch.
    Control: His command is in and out. His fastball command was better than with his curve. Inconsistency with delivery causes the disruption in command.
    Poise: He threw well in a good, competitive atmosphere. When his command leaves him, he manages to collect himself and get out of trouble.
    Physical Description: Wheeler is tall with long arms and broad shoulders -- the kind of body you want from a high school pitcher, with projectability and wiry strength.
    Medical Update: Healthy.
    Strengths: He has big-time arm strength and flashes a plus curve. He's a baseball rat with excellent makeup.
    Weaknesses: His command is inconsistent, especially with the breaking ball. His delivery is inconsistent. He doesn't really show a third pitch as of yet.
    Summary: If you like projectable high school pitchers with a lot of arm strength -- and a lot of teams do -- then Wheeler might be the guy for you. The Georgia prepster has plenty of fastball and does show a plus breaking ball at times. Because of some delivery issues, his command can be spotty, but he's an excellent athlete with terrific poise and makeup. He might be a little bit of a project, but the upside is considerable.

vCash

vCash
    Sorry for all your work but Benny already picked Wheeler

vCash
    haha damn i didnt notice its all good, if he wants he can take this thread up or just copy and paste

Giants gonna do it this year! lets have some faith

vCash
    oh stupid me, I've been putting all my prospects info in the minor league thread, I'll start using this one from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    In that same article Bengie said he has a game plan for Posey. I don't think Buster will have much trouble hitting 2 strike fastballs in the middle of the plate.

vCash
    I suggest you make your own thread so you can edit it.