Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

I think it's time that Timmy is designated for assignment.

Let's face it, right now, Lincecum is no where close to being an MLB caliber pitcher. He doesn't belong up here. Hello, we're in a playoff race, you can't just keep throwing a guy out on the mound that clearly can't give you a chance to win. The way I see it right now? Anytime Timmy starts, Giants better pace themselves for AT LEAST 6-10 runs, because this guy is single handedly giving away games, and giving them up EARLY. Not to mention he absolutely KILLS our bullpen.

He's not even giving us a chance. We go down early and never recover, it's ridiculous. Honestly, at this point I'd love to see Timmy sent down to AAA and let's see what Dontrelle Willis can give us.

This "figuring it out on the fly" thing is not going to work. He's had an ENTIRE month to get his stuff together, and it's not working.

Send Timmy down. I'm ready for some D-Train please.
    Last edited by BAY; 08-28-2010 at 05:53 AM.

vCash
    Yeah. Get what ever you can for him, just dump him for a PTBNL or some cash or something.

vCash
    You do realize that Willis has been far worse than Lincecum for two years? We're talking about a guy that you'll be lucky to get out of the 1st inning without 5 walks.

Lincecum isn't going to go anywhere, either he's completely lost everything he once had, or he'll figure it out here.

vCash
    Only thing I'd do with Lincecum is skip a start and see how his control is in simulated games in between. His control is Sanchez like.

"It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument against a stupid person." - Bill Murray
    Sabermetric Myths
    FIP=better pitcher
    WAR is fact
    Pythagorean records and win expectancy have value
    Strikeouts are overrated
    Best regular season record = best team
    Regular season > Post season
    The difference between me and you is I don't need the internet to discuss baseball intelligently.

vCash
    Dontrelle Willis is mediocre at best now. Lincecum is doing exactly what I said he would, two months ago, when I suggested we trade him. You folks were right, I was a fool for even thinking it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BAY View Post
    Honestly, at this point I'd love to see Timmy sent down to AAA and let's see what Dontrelle Willis can give us.
    Let me get this straight: you want to send down Lincecum, who has been struggling for the past few months...for a guy that's been struggling the past few YEARS? What kind of logic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by rarryronds View Post
    Lincecum is doing exactly what I said he would, two months ago, when I suggested we trade him. You folks were right, I was a fool for even thinking it.
    I'm glad to see you know the merits of sample size and slumps.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    Pick Lilly off waivers...Timmy is just off this year, and it's tough to watch. But he by no means needs to be sent down.

vCash
    Timmy will be fine.
    2010/2012 WORLD CHAMPIONS

vCash
    Trade him to Toronto for $75,000, or Get his dad back in the picture, to help him get back to form. Those are the only two options we have, I believe.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rarryronds View Post
    Dontrelle Willis is mediocre at best now. Lincecum is doing exactly what I said he would, two months ago, when I suggested we trade him. You folks were right, I was a fool for even thinking it.
    You're clearly psychic. Perhaps you should stare at goats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hype707 View Post
    Timmy will be fine.
    No. Timmy IS fine. He had his fastball working. he had his change up working. he had his nasty little curve ball working. He seemed to have his command too (spear me the random spurts of wildness). I was very pleased by what he did last night. Remember, in that first inning the two walks he gave up he seemed to be totally out of wack, but then he went on to make a few guys look silly. Then Laroche came up. He got him to a 3-2 count. Tim made his pitch, but unfortunately when the guy on second base is tipping pitches it makes things a little easier on the batter. That easily could have been a 1 run game for Tim.

Im expecting a huge September from Tim. And this guy calling for a two time cy young winner to be demoted will jump right back on the bandwagon. Furthermore, I think the Giants should call this game into protest.

vCash
    You don't get rid of a two time Cy young winner just that easily. In his start against the D'backs he showed signs in the 1st inning of improvement he just hanged that one pitch and he was ****ed. I has lost a little on his pitches but the main thing is his command has been lacking but that can be fixed. Eventually he will be alright.

vCash
    wow. and the panic sets in

SAVE US BUSTER!!

vCash
    Wow. This is the kind of thinking that could ruin a team for years to come. The worst Timmy might have to go through is a few starts out of the bullpen, which I highly doubt that will even happen. I was at the game last night and other then that home run he gave up, I thought he did better then his last few starts.

Or...we could just hire Michael Vick to pitch

vCash
    lol...this thread should be worth an instant perma ban

San Francisco Giants Trophy Wall

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast