Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    so whats good with the FF round this biotch....somebody let me know how i get rockin

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Hey sorry if this was mentioned and im just pointing this out.

ON THE FIELD...there is 1 qb and 5 ol that leave 5 skill players not 6...impossible to have 2 rb 2 wr 2 te or 1 rb 4 wr 1 te....that is all
    Right on. Are you proposing a league change?

Does anyone else have any suggestions for ways to improve the league?

Hell Yeah, the commentary is coming back!
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Originally Posted by bwallstreet
    Hey sorry if this was mentioned and im just pointing this out.

ON THE FIELD...there is 1 qb and 5 ol that leave 5 skill players not 6...impossible to have 2 rb 2 wr 2 te or 1 rb 4 wr 1 te....that is all

Right on. Are you proposing a league change?

Does anyone else have any suggestions for ways to improve the league?

Hell Yeah, the commentary is coming back!
    Sometimes the "fantasy" aspect of the term fantasy football comes into play in weird ways from league to league. We used to give 30 bonus points if a NFL record was broken by one of your players (like a RB breaking the single game rushing record). But, that was back in the USA Today days. Any true fantasy football old head knows that Monday & Tuesday USA Today newspapers were the official stat source for all fantasy league. We didn't even know what the Internet was. Hell, you actually had to know the other owners in your league!

That's all in the past for me now, though. I have a three year old son. I gave up fantasy football 3 years ago. As a fan of the on-field game, it was the best decision I ever made. (My wife & kid love it, too--I'm not tied to the computer from Sunday morning until Monday night). But, I get to be a football fan again. I don't have to separate reality from fantasy. I don't have to root for Drew Brees when he is my QB and they happen to be playing the Bucs.

But, I digress. I still love the fantasy aspect. I'll be following your league and reading the commentary. Heck, use me as an impartial sounding board. I love the fact that you guys seem to give a solid weekly recap of the previous weekend's action. I used to write our weekly newsletter.

Good luck to all of you guys!

I AM the Old School

vCash
    I think the league is fine the way it is set up now. The reason we have that many skill players on the starting roster is because there are soo many good ones. To take them away would mean that good but not great players would sit on the bench all year.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I would like to take this oppertunity to point out that I do in fact have Aaron Rodgers on my roster and I do plan to keep him......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tothe4th View Post
    Sometimes the "fantasy" aspect of the term fantasy football comes into play in weird ways from league to league. We used to give 30 bonus points if a NFL record was broken by one of your players (like a RB breaking the single game rushing record). But, that was back in the USA Today days. Any true fantasy football old head knows that Monday & Tuesday USA Today newspapers were the official stat source for all fantasy league. We didn't even know what the Internet was. Hell, you actually had to know the other owners in your league!

That's all in the past for me now, though. I have a three year old son. I gave up fantasy football 3 years ago. As a fan of the on-field game, it was the best decision I ever made. (My wife & kid love it, too--I'm not tied to the computer from Sunday morning until Monday night). But, I get to be a football fan again. I don't have to separate reality from fantasy. I don't have to root for Drew Brees when he is my QB and they happen to be playing the Bucs.

But, I digress. I still love the fantasy aspect. I'll be following your league and reading the commentary. Heck, use me as an impartial sounding board. I love the fact that you guys seem to give a solid weekly recap of the previous weekend's action. I used to write our weekly newsletter.

Right on man.

As an old schooler myself well acquainted with the USA Today stats page, I welcome you as a sounding board for our league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tothe4th View Post

FF dont tie me up that much, I just go with the flow with it....Ill tell you what kills me, my tickets..i play at least 3 or 4 a week and i will flip flop on some games and be rooting for and against spreads and ****...it has gotten crazy dont know if i can stop though lol

ok so nobody has still answered me where can I get into a league or something around here..would love to

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    FF dont tie me up that much, I just go with the flow with it....Ill tell you what kills me, my tickets..i play at least 3 or 4 a week and i will flip flop on some games and be rooting for and against spreads and ****...it has gotten crazy dont know if i can stop though lol

ok so nobody has still answered me where can I get into a league or something around here..would love to
    Man, I haven't played the tickets since I moved out of South Philly in 2005!

I AM the Old School

vCash

There are two PSD Bucs leagues. One is the starter league. This is open to whoever wants to join. The league starts from scratch every year and you draft from scratch like other years. Usually plain fantasy rules apply.

The other league is the aforementioned premier league. This league is a keeper league. The same managers return with up to 7 (I think) players from their previous years team. We are entering our 3rd year. Each year, one team is booted either by placing last or by inactivity for the bulk of the season. This spot is first offered to the winner of the starter league. We do have a vacancy but I am not sure if Steady has offered the position to the winner yet. From memory they declined but the offer would most likely be extended to second place. There are lots of other rules in the keeper league but to go through them with someone who probably wont end up in the premier league at least until next year would be a lot of work for nothing. I hope you understand.

Your best bet is to wait until sign ups to open for the starter league and shred it up in there so you can join the ranks of men! Although, I placed an abysmal 9th so I dont know that I belong anymore! lol

vCash

Andrews pretty much nailed it. But, don't disappear there's still a couple of people who haven't responded yet to the call to rejoin the league. Plus, once the premier league is up and running I'll set up the Regular PSD league.

Stay Tuned.

vCash
    Im def interested as well, so just let me know what the deal is and any further information

vCash
    For those of you who have played in the premier league both years, what are your thoughts on IDP's? Do you guys like playing with more defensive players like we did the first year or fewer like the second year?

Fire the cannons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    For those of you who have played in the premier league both years, what are your thoughts on IDP's? Do you guys like playing with more defensive players like we did the first year or fewer like the second year?
    I prefer a system that uses 1-2 IDP's of each class (IE LB DE CB) plus a team def.

vCash
    I like fewer. There really arent a lot of defensive guys that score consistantly so I think fewer would help spread them out a bit.

vCash
    I enjoy IDPs. I think they make the league more challenging and unique. The problem, as I see it, is not everyone in our league figured out how to maximize their IDPs. So, the first season when the IDPs had a lot of influence on overall scores we had half the league really making the most of their IDPs and half the league looking like deer in headlights about it. The first year really showed that stark difference with who made the playoffs and who didn't. Last season seemed to be more competitive overall and I think one of the reasons was that IDPs took a back seat to overall points production and the league took on a more traditional framework. I'd be up for adding more IDPs but I want to make sure everyone is on board with it AND understands how best to maximize their IDPs. Until then, I think the way we have it set up is a good system to become familiar with IDPs. Maybe one day we'll be up for more of a challenge.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast