Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I was looking through the scoring and settings for the league and noticed that you will lose 2 points for every time that your quarterback is sacked. Did you guys use those settings last year? That seems a little high to me. If your QB is sacked 4 or 5 times you can lose a lot of points. The Yahoo default is 0, although some leagues use - 1 points per sack.

As far as the the individual defensive players go, shouldn't interceptions be a lot more? In our league, an interception is worth just one more point than a tackle. Sacks are just three points as well. When choosing defensive backs, it really doesn't make much sense to go with a Cornerback when the Safety position will record a lot more tackles than a CB.

I haven't played with IDP's before and will try anything, I just wanted to know what the deal is with scoring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    I was looking through the scoring and settings for the league and noticed that you will lose 2 points for every time that your quarterback is sacked. Did you guys use those settings last year? That seems a little high to me. If your QB is sacked 4 or 5 times you can lose a lot of points. The Yahoo default is 0, although some leagues use - 1 points per sack.

As far as the the individual defensive players go, shouldn't interceptions be a lot more? In our league, an interception is worth just one more point than a tackle. Sacks are just three points as well. When choosing defensive backs, it really doesn't make much sense to go with a Cornerback when the Safety position will record a lot more tackles than a CB.

I haven't played with IDP's before and will try anything, I just wanted to know what the deal is with scoring.
    First of all, I'm open to discuss any stat changes you might want to try.

1. I didn't change too much with the offensive settings from last year. We played with -2 per sack last year. It's a way to keep the quarterbacks from becoming too dominate. I believe our offensive numbers looked pretty good last year. I'd recommend checking it out as noone seemed to have had problem with it last year. But, if you don't like it we can always propose a vote to change this statistical category.

2. Last year we played with fractional points. Me and few others hated it and so I decided to remove that from the league. To do that I had to switch assisted tackles from .5 points to 1 point. This then required that I switched tackles from 1 point to 2 points. This did give the IDPs a little boost. I was contemplating going with higher sack and INT numbers to make them more appropriate to what a tackle is worth. But, then we discussed the idea of going with 6 IDPs rather than fewer but to keep their stats low so that IDPs don't weigh too much. We wanted to keep this an offensive skill position fantasy league.

So, I did some statistical analysis to try and find the settings that would allow DLs to be as valuable as DBs and LBs, but then sacks have to get weighted more than touchdowns and then LBs with sack tendencies become MONSTERS. I didn't want to go that direction.

I'd be open for a change, as I initially had sacks and INTs both worth 4 points and Pass deflections worth 2 points. Also, I just realized that I might be able to keep Assists at .5 points and tackles 1 point but just turn off fractional points. Then 1 assist doesn't count as anything but two assits counts as a point....I think. Not 100% about that though. Maybe we'd still get fractional points.

In any case, since the draft occured we'd have to do a league vote to change any settings at this point.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    First of all, I'm open to discuss any stat changes you might want to try.

1. I didn't change too much with the offensive settings from last year. We played with -2 per sack last year. It's a way to keep the quarterbacks from becoming too dominate. I believe our offensive numbers looked pretty good last year. I'd recommend checking it out as noone seemed to have had problem with it last year. But, if you don't like it we can always propose a vote to change this statistical category.

2. Last year we played with fractional points. Me and few others hated it and so I decided to remove that from the league. To do that I had to switch assisted tackles from .5 points to 1 point. This then required that I switched tackles from 1 point to 2 points. This did give the IDPs a little boost. I was contemplating going with higher sack and INT numbers to make them more appropriate to what a tackle is worth. But, then we discussed the idea of going with 6 IDPs rather than fewer but to keep their stats low so that IDPs don't weigh too much. We wanted to keep this an offensive skill position fantasy league.

So, I did some statistical analysis to try and find the settings that would allow DLs to be as valuable as DBs and LBs, but then sacks have to get weighted more than touchdowns and then LBs with sack tendencies become MONSTERS. I didn't want to go that direction.

I'd be open for a change, as I initially had sacks and INTs both worth 4 points and Pass deflections worth 2 points. Also, I just realized that I might be able to keep Assists at .5 points and tackles 1 point but just turn off fractional points. Then 1 assist doesn't count as anything but two assits counts as a point....I think. Not 100% about that though. Maybe we'd still get fractional points.

In any case, since the draft occured we'd have to do a league vote to change any settings at this point.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

The -2 points for a sack seem pretty high to me, but I'm willing to give it a try. As long as the Quarterbacks don't have super low numbers it's not really a big deal. If no one really complained about it last year, I'm sure everything will be just fine.

I think it's probably best to leave the rest of it how it is as well. Like I said, I have never played with individual defensive players so I don't really know what works well and what doesn't work well. We'll see how this year goes and we can always discuss changes for next year later.

vCash
    Thanks for clearing that up.

The -2 points for a sack seem pretty high to me, but I'm willing to give it a try. As long as the Quarterbacks don't have super low numbers it's not really a big deal. If no one really complained about it last year, I'm sure everything will be just fine.

I think it's probably best to leave the rest of it how it is as well. Like I said, I have never played with individual defensive players so I don't really know what works well and what doesn't work well. We'll see how this year goes and we can always discuss changes for next year later.
    I'm sending around an e-mail with some proposed stat category changes.

We can either vote to implement the changes now before the season starts or to wait until next year.

Let me know what you think.

vCash
    What are your thoughts on your team so far?

vCash
    What are your thoughts on your team so far?
    Quik man, we've got a serious problem in our league.

We must make some IDP stat adjustments or this is gonna get out of hand and really become weird.

Go through the league and check out how dominate IDPs were this week.

Nearly every team will win their week based on high scoring of the IDPs.

a Quarter of the teams had a higher average points per IDP than per Offensive Skill Positions. That's just FLAWED.

We really need to do something.

I just sent around an e-mail proposing some ideas to fix this.

What do you think?

vCash
    Quik man, we've got a serious problem in our league.

We must make some IDP stat adjustments or this is gonna get out of hand and really become weird.

Go through the league and check out how dominate IDPs were this week.

Nearly every team will win their week based on high scoring of the IDPs.

a Quarter of the teams had a higher average points per IDP than per Offensive Skill Positions. That's just FLAWED.

We really need to do something.

I just sent around an e-mail proposing some ideas to fix this.

What do you think?
    Thanks for the reminder, I don't check my email as much as I should.

I can see where others are coming from, but my vote would probably go for choice A. I think it would be a lot more balanced if we downgraded the tackles to 1 point and 1/2 point for assists. Honestly, I should be getting destroyed this week in fantasy. Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, and Mike Sims-Walker combined for a total of 10 points, yet I am still winning my game by over 70 points because of my IDP's. That should not happen, IDP's should not get you the majority of your points.

I'm also in favor of the rest of your ideas. Mark Clayton caught ten passes for 100+ yards so he was immediately claimed after the game. I think it would be more fair if we all had a chance to bid on the players during the two day period.

I also like the idea of changing the sack penalty. Personally, I would like to throw out the entire idea but I would definitely be happy with losing just one point instead of two.

My vote: choice "A"

vCash
    Thanks for the reminder, I don't check my email as much as I should.

I can see where others are coming from, but my vote would probably go for choice A. I think it would be a lot more balanced if we downgraded the tackles to 1 point and 1/2 point for assists. Honestly, I should be getting destroyed this week in fantasy. Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, and Mike Sims-Walker combined for a total of 10 points, yet I am still winning my game by over 70 points because of my IDP's. That should not happen, IDP's should not get you the majority of your points.

I'm also in favor of the rest of your ideas. Mark Clayton caught ten passes for 100+ yards so he was immediately claimed after the game. I think it would be more fair if we all had a chance to bid on the players during the two day period.

I also like the idea of changing the sack penalty. Personally, I would like to throw out the entire idea but I would definitely be happy with losing just one point instead of two.

My vote: choice "A"
    Hey, can you copy and paste this entire post and put that in an e-mail to the league "reply-all" so that everyone can hear your opinion.

I agree completely.

I think these changes just make too much sense.

I'd even be open to reduce tackles from 2 points to 1.5 points and make assists 0.75 points.

But, we really need to do something to save the integrity of the league.

Thanks for you feedback.

vCash
    Week 1 Recap:
    Here We Go…

Q-TraiN (6th) vs. Smoke Eaters (12th): Neither team should be proud of their team’s effort this week. This match up gave us the lowest score to win AND the lowest overall score for week 1.

Q-TraiN: He managed to pull away with a victory despite scoring a total of 10 points from Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, and Mike Sims-Walker. There’s definitely room for concern and at this point they have to be seen as the most vulnerable of the undefeated few. Q-TraiN manager, Quikdraw, said after the game, “Yes, It was ugly but it’s a win and that’s all that matters”.

Smoke Eaters: The Smoke Eaters couldn’t get anything going this week finishing dead last in total points. Anquan Boldin racked up 19 points but this helped little having 8 players score 5 points or less while his top scorer sat on his bench. Smoke Eaters manager, Khalil72, commented, “There’s no panic in the locker-room. We’ve got a game plan and we’re sticking to it. The way I look at it is, we got our off-week out of the way week 1.”

HayesBoy54 (5th) vs. Buccaneer Blitzkrieg (7th): This was the closest match-up in the league. 2.5 points is all that separated victory from defeat. The loser in this game would have beaten 4 of the 6 teams in the AFC. This suggest NFC domination.

HayesBoy54: HayesBoy54 should be very confident winning this game while not even starting a linebacker on his team this week and a DB who scored a big goose egg. He had 9 players score 15 or more points. The 2 TDs by rookie Best is exciting but at the same time the 20 total rushing yards is a big question mark. HayesBoy54 manager, atomik102, was interviewed after the game saying, “Nobody sees us coming!”

Buccaneer Blitzkrieg: Trash Talking…over-confidence…arrogance…then ultimately defeat is the story for the Blitzkrieg. With his top scorer sitting on his bench, the Blitzkrieg still managed to have 3 players score 20 plus points, but, then had 8 players with 9 or less points. Ray Rice’s 7 points is a little worrisome for how far this team will go in the future. But, on the same side the 95 yards rushing, 6 catch 55 yards receiving and a TD out of Darren McFadden caused nothing but smiles especially since he was a Free Agent pick-up. Blitzkrieg manager, Steady, commented, “Week 8 now has a big red circle around it.”

Syracuse Slaughter (4th) vs. Like My Cannons? (11th): This game was over on Thursday! 89 points separate these two teams allowing one to rise all the way to 4th place while the other dropping all the way down to 11th.

Syracuse Slaughter: Syracuse Slaughter rode the double headed monster of Miles Austin and Ochocinco both scoring 32 plus points all the way to victory. The solid performance out of Mendenhall is something they’re getting excited about over in Syracuse. They’re hoping for better things out of Aaron Rodgers next week. Syracuse Slaughter, manager, hammy44, commented saying, we’ve got VERY high expectations for this season.

Like My Cannons?: #1 pick Chris Johnson did not disappoint putting up 32 points, but the obvious killer was the lack of ANY IDP support. A strong argument about missing the draft is being made here. Also, the double tight end set was a unique formation they must be working on over there. Like My Cannons? manager, Gdubbz, commented saying, “We’re going to review the tape, find out what isn’t working and address it. It’s a LONG season.”

T.O. Bominators (3rd) vs. get mopped up (9th): With the irony of their name the get mopped up were Dominated by T.O. this week. The Bominators ate their popcorn all the way to the 2nd most points in the league, only allowing for 3rd place as the #1 points producing team was in there same division.

T.O. Bominators: T.O. Bominators should be very excited from their team’s performance this week having the #1 IDP points producer AND the #2 offensive points producer. Is Matt Forte back?!!? 40 Points…WOW! This team looks solid on all levels and the early season projections have them going deep into the playoffs. T.O. Bominators, manager, ballchamp70, commented saying, “We’ve got room to improve but I like what I’m seeing so far.”

get mopped up: The get mopped up didn’t do anything wrong this week. They just got out-matched on nearly every level. The surprise player of their team is Hakeem Nicks’ emergence as Eli’s TD hawk. He might be one of the great sleeper picks of the draft right there. Get mopped up manager, CLeanUpman, commented saying, “The pieces are in place, we just need to execute.”

I Love Me Some Me!!! (#2) vs. TBAYBUCSALLTHEWAY (8th): Both teams put up a great effort in this one with the I Love Me Some Me!!! sliding into 2nd place while edging out TBAYBUCSALLTHEWAY who slides down into 8th.

I Love Me Some Me!!!: Arian Foster’s emergence relieves the measly 12 point performance out of Adrian Peterson. There’s very little weakness on this team. At this point, it looks like the AFC is between I Love Me Some Me!!! and Syracuse Slaughter. I Love Me Some Me!!! manager, Njati2d, commented saying, “We’re firing on all cylinders!”

TBAYBUCSALLTHEWAY: There’s got to be some concern regarding losing Ryan Grant, but LeSean McCoy did put up an 18 point performance from the bench. Keep your eyes on MW19 down in Tampa to emerge as a premier target in the league. TBAYBUCSALLTHEWAY manager, cadsbyace, commented saying, “Yes, we’re a young team, but we’re still thinking now!”

Andrew S. 1469ers (#1) vs. BUCS10 (10th): With the biggest differential between two teams for week 1, the Andrew S. 1469ers claim the #1 position in the league while BUCS10 slide all the way down to 10th.

Andrew S. 1469ers: With 5 players over 20 points the Andrew S. 1469ers have to be very excited with what’s going on over there. Peyton Manning is the cornerstone of this team with 34 points. Two 20 plus point performances out of the linebackers is not hurting. Andrew S. 1469ers manager, andrews1469, commented saying, “We’ve been working really hard all offseason for this. It’s good to see all that hard work translate onto the field.”

BUCS10: There are solid players on this team, but the poor performance out of the IDPs and the goose egg performance out of Shonn Greene might cause some re-evaluation. Top performer: Steve Smith 18 points. BUCS10 manager, Dleech18, commented saying, “I’m already thinking about week 2.”

Week 2 match-ups to watch: Andrew S. 1469ers vs. Buccaneer Blitzkrieg and Syracuse Slaughter vs. Q-TraiN.
    Last edited by Steady; 09-14-2010 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    PSD Premier League Week 2 Recap:

The name of the game for week 2 was overall improvement. 9 of the 12 teams improved on their week 1 performance. This week also posted new records for: Offensive players, IDPs, Defensive Team, and PSD Premier League individual team weekly total.

Like My Cannons?: Gdubbz improves on a pathetic week 1 performance but the sub 150 score of week 2 still isn’t going to change the results. There is hope as, only getting 9 points from Chris Johnson is definitely a fluke week. But that is only one of many factors causing Gdubbz, and his Like My Cannons? to start 0-2 and slide nervously into 11th overall. Gdubbz, commented after the game, “FML. That about sums it up.”

I Love Me Some Me!!!: And then there were 4. I Love Me Some Me!!! Posted 200 plus points for the 2nd straight week and remain undefeated and retaining a strong lead in the AFC and 2nd place overall. Consistency seems to be the key for this squad as he only had 4 positions post less than 11 points. Adrian Peterson led the way with 31 points. Njati2d commented after the game saying, “I'm not even firing on all cylinders yet and I'm still destroying. Can we crown a champ already!?”

Smoke Eaters: khalil72, like Gdubbz, improved on a pathetic week 1 performance but still posted a sub 150 score for week 2 causing the Smoke Eaters to retain the League Loser title. Eli Manning was a weak link this week posting a pedestrian 4 points. The questionable coaching decision of the week of starting John Kasey, Panthers Kicker, who posted a whole 1 point, while on his bench Garrett Hartley posted 14 points, showing absolutely no confidence in the Bucs Defense. Let's hope he's learned his lesson there. Khalil72 commented after the game saying, “We need better play from our QB and the defensive side of the ball. Handing over the draft to Yahoo has really hurt chances.”

HayesBoy54: HayesBoy54 remains undefeated and improved on their week 1 performance breaking the 200 point marker. They move up to 2nd in the NFC and 3rd overall. Jahvid Best posted a single player season best, 52 points AND had James Harrison post a season best for IDPs of 33 points. Tom said after the game, “Just like Geno did to the Panthers; I did to my opponent, got his hopes up for a win and just stopped him in his tracks to secure the win.”

Syracuse Slaughter: The slaughter slip to 1-1 and 6th overall after not being able to equal their 200 plus point performance of week 1. They should be happy to see Aaron Rodgers post 30 points. But, they’ll need more out of their run attack if they expect to hang with the elite in this league. Hammy44 was asked if he had any comments on his team’s HUGE upset loss this week, saying, “Not really. It’s part of fantasy football. The Texans connection has hurt me... Schaub and Jhonson had HUGE games . I also had a rough go with Ocho, Mendenhall, Caddy and Roy Williams not producing much. I think I will bounce back. These things happen.”

Q-TraiN: Q-TraiN round off the last of the 4 remaining undefeated teams by stunning the N.F.F.L. world with a HUGE upset victory over the Syracuse Slaughter. They posted over 200 points and made a clear statement that their relatively weak performance in week 1 is not what we should come to expect from this team. Andre Johnson rebounds from a 6 point week 1 performance putting up 36 points in week 2. Q-TraiN commented after the game, “Upset? I was confident I would be 2-0, just like my Buccaneers! Haha! I was pissed off Sunday morning because I forgot to move injured Posluszny out of my LB spot. After the Bucs game ended, I was down over 140 points because Hammy had all of his players play the early games. Luckily, my offense had a huge day and I was able to pick up the "W". I might be looking for a trade partner sometime soon, but overall I love my team so far.”

Andrew S. 1469ers: Andrews was unable to repeat the dominating week 1 performance posting just shy of 190 points losing only be 5 points and evening his record to 1-1 moving into 5th overall. Andrews consistent numbers from his offense should bring the wins back his direction in the weeks that follow. Top performer: Peyton Manning 26 points. Andrews said after the game, “I took the cocky Rex Ryan approach here. I was leading by 15 points before the Monday night game. And then I faced Patrick Willis. Need I say more? WE WILL BE BACK!"

Buccaneer Blitzkrieg: The Blitz can’t seem to figure out how to break the 200 point marker but did manage to pull out a victory. Down 15 points going into Monday night, Patrick Willis posts 20 points and gave the Blitzkrieg their first victory of the season. They even their record 1-1 and move into 8th overall. Steady said after the game, “It’s good to get the first win but more importantly that it was against a division rival.”

TBAYBUCSALLTHEWAY: Despite getting negative 2 points from Derek Anderson, TBBATW posted a strong 208 points week 2 evening his record to 1-1 and moving into 7th overall. Dominate factors were 38 points from Frank Gore and 35 points from LeSean McCoy. TBBATW couldn't be reached for comment after the game.

Get mopped up: Get mopped up improved on a sub 150 point week 1 performance but the 178 points posted in week 2 still was not enough to win. Get mopped starts the season 0-2 and is ranked 9th overall. Top performer Pittsburgh defense: 37 points which also sets the record for highest points for the season for a Defensive team. Get mopped up could not be reached for comment.

T.O. Bominators: The official Toyota Greatest Fantasy Victor! Winner goes to the T.O. Bominators who some how managed to improve on his league leading week 1 performance posting a new league record of 234 points. He blew away the competition by 91.5 points and remains undefeated at 2-0 and #1 team overall. Smart move of the week: starting Donovan McNabb and his 426 passing yards over Carson Palmer’s 167 passing yards. T.O. Bominators could not be reached for comment.

BUCS10: BUCS10, like Khalil72 and Gdubbz, also improved on a pathetic week 1 performance but still managed to post the league lowest for week 2 and slide into last place in the NFC and 10th overall. The 143 points was still 92 points away from victory. Posting a total of 7 points from Hines Ward, Ryan Mathews, Brian Price, and Aaron Maybin is just the beginning of the problems here. BUCS10 could not be reached for comment.

vCash
    Week 3 Predictions:

Q-Train @ I Love Me Some Me!!!

Q-Train: 212
    ILMSM: 202

This game is pretty much a toss up, it could go either way. Yahoo predicts that this game will be within three points. Both teams have favorable match up: Q-Train has a two headed monster with Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub playing against the 0-2 Dallas Cowboys while ILMSM counters with Tom Brady against a weak Buffalo squad. Look for this game to go down to the wire. The winner of this game will own the best record out of the AFC.

HayesBoy54 @ Andrew S. 1469ers

HayesBoy54: 172
    Andrew S. 1469ers: 192

I think Andrew S. 1469ers bounces back after a tough loss in week 2. He plays a very talented team but I think he has the upper hand in week 3. I predict that HayesBoy54 will dominate in the defensive category but will come up short on the offensive end. Jay Cutler could be in for a tough game Monday night at Green Bay and look for Jahvid Best to finally slow down in Minnesota. If the Payton Manning and company have a good game against Denver, Andrews should be 2-1 heading into week 4.

get mopped up @ BUCS10

get mopped up: 160
    BUCS10: 121

Led by Drew Brees and DeAngelo Williams, get mopped up should pick up his first victory of the season. Both teams have some major question marks but get mopped up has more fire power right now. Right now, BUCS10 has some young talent but is a year or two from being a contender. However, he can get right back on track if he can pick up some help through the waiver wire or via trade.

Smoke Eaters @ Like My Cannons?

Smoke Eaters: 184
    Like My Cannons: 190

In a close game, I think Like My Cannons picks up the win. Both teams need a win to get back into contention and I expect LMC to do so. Chris Johnson was shut down week 2 at Pittsburgh but should improve against the G-Men. LMC also added Kevin Walter off the waiver wire to bolster his receiving corps, he could have another big game against Dallas. Also, look for Phillip Rivers to have a solid day against the Seahawks. I think that Smoke Eaters will have the better season but I have LMC edging Smoke Eaters this weekend.

T.O Bombinators @ Buccaneer Blitzkrieg

T.O Bombinators: 231
    Buccaneer Blitzkrieg: 210

Right now, there is no hotter team than T.O Bombinators. He leads the league in scoring and doesn't appear to be slowing down, he clearly is the team to beat. Look for his defense to take over the game and for Donovan McNabb to light up the score board against the lowly Rams. However, I expect Buccaneer Blitzkrieg to put up some solid numbers. Ray Rice should find the end zone for a couple of score against Cleveland and I can see Mike Vick beating the Jags through the air and on the ground. If guys like Steve Breaston and Dustin Keller can find the end zone, this game could be closer than most people think.

Syracuse Slaughter @ TBAYBUCSALLTHEWAY

Syracuse Slaughter: 176
    TBAYBUCSALLTHEWAY: 166

Both teams need a win to keep on pace with the rest of the AFC, and I think Syracuse Slaughter will do so. Miles Austin should have another monster game against Houston to lead the way for his squad. I also like Chad Ochocinco to have another 100 yard game. TBAYBUCSALLTHEWAY should have another great day on the ground but will struggle from the Quarterback position. If he can manage to upgrade at QB, it could be a long year for the AFC.

vCash
    AWESOME!

I agree with it all....except...of course, I think the Bombinators are finally gonna have a down week. I just hope I don't have one too.

haha

vCash
    AWESOME!

I agree with it all....except...of course, I think the Bombinators are finally gonna have a down week. I just hope I don't have one too.

haha
    Thanks man, I really enjoy doing stuff like this. Hopefully my predictions are somewhat accurate.

By the way, Knowshown Moreno was just ruled out for Sunday. Don't make the same mistake and start an injured player.

vCash
    Thanks man, I really enjoy doing stuff like this. Hopefully my predictions are somewhat accurate.

By the way, Knowshown Moreno was just ruled out for Sunday. Don't make the same mistake and start an injured player.
    Yeah. I just saw that.

Good thing I've got McFadden on the bench.

vCash

WOOOO!!!

I think I got him!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast