Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    We need to get rid of the bid amount. My defensive players are TRASH!!!!
    It's no longer an option to get rid of FAAB waiver wire option once the draft ends. All I can do is edit the amount of waiver budget each team gets.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

vCash
    Who's loving their team?

Man, I'm loving my team.

I some how got away with Ray Rice with the 5th overall pick. I was so stoked about this since I live in Baltimore, but didn't think he'd drop to me. This alone made the draft for me.

I got Calvin, the next Randy Moss, Johnson, as well as, Roddy White and Michael Crabtree to make me a recieving core a threat for years.

I've got Steve Breaston backing them up.

Knowshon Moreno is a decent 2nd RB who I'm hoping has a great season.

I've got Justin Forsett and Donald Brown backing them up.

On defense I've got Patrick MOFO Willis!

Other's of note: Darrelle Revis, Trent Cole, Dwight Freeney, and Kirk Morrison.

Where I'm weak.

My quarterback situation is very IFFY. I love Freeman and have confidence he's going to turn into a STUD one day...but how quickly will he turn fantasy viable is another question. I grabbed Joe Flacco as insurance.

My Tight End situation is also iffy. I'm going with John Carlson with Kellen Davis as a back-up. They're both young and have good upside maybe one will emerge here, but not deffinites for sure.

DEF Team. Dallas has been a mess this preseason but it looks like the offense is the one struggling more than the defense. I hope the defense pulls it together or I might be hurting here.

Kicker, Matt Prater is an excellent kicker but how viable with the Denver offense be this year with a rookie Tee Bow a the helm.

All and All I'm happy. I've had better drafts and missed some good opportunities, but I think I came out with a competitive team both now and in the future. Taking into consideration my team's competitive abilities now and viability in the future I'd have to give my draft grad a solid B.

vCash
    I am very happy with my team too. I did wait too long and ended up with Stafford from an auto pick. When can we drop players and add them? Maybe Im just missing something here but when I go to the players list, it says action locked by commissioner. Do I send you an email to put in my bid or what?
    Last edited by andrews1469; 08-30-2010 at 12:17 PM.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    2nd round! That's NUTS!

Man, I was looking through the 5 teams that never showed up for the draft and their defensive players are PATEHTIC.

we might need to think up a solution. This could cause people to lose interest in the league.
    The solution is, order the players or attend the draft.

vCash
    Im ok with mine. Lucky I pre ranked.

Suck I could have done a lot more damage. I can only blame myself...
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I didnt realize the auto draft picking was so bad... Guess I spoke too soon...

vCash
    Yeah, the auto draft picking was pretty bad. Guys like John Alston were drafted ahead of Pro Bowl caliber defensive players

For those of you who are weak in certain areas, I'm willing to work out trades.

Overall, I'd give my team a solid "B". I was disappointed I missed out on one the stud running backs (Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, MJD, Turner, Gore, Rice) but was able to get Andre Johnson to lead my receivers. The more I think about it, I probably should have gone Brees or Aaron Rodgers with the 7th overall pick.

I'm really excited with the rest of my draft, though. My receiver core is top notch - Andre Johnson, Steve Smith (NYG), Mike Sims Walker, Vincent Jackson, as well as Brandon Lafell who could be a big sleeper. I'm so surprised that V-Jax was available in the tenth round, several fantasy sites have him going in rounds 3-6. I can't really complain there.

My running backs are all pretty solid. Stephen Jackson will be my workhorse this year and I have Ronnie Brown who could have a huge year if he can stay healthy. I also will probably start Michael Bush if he has a good matchup as well as C.J Spiller who should be a stud in the next few years.

I like my Quarterback situation as well. Matt Schaub is my number one guy and I can fill him in with Matt Ryan when needed.

The rest of my draft is pretty average:

Defenses - Miami, San Diego
    Kicker - Sebastian Janokowski
    Tight End - Chris Cooley, Jermaine Gresham
    Defensive Backs - Roman Harper, Eric Weddle
    Defensive Line - Justin Tuck, Calais Campbell
    Linebackers - Curtis Lofton, Paul Posluszny

Should be a fun year Buc fans. Stay active!

vCash
    yeah, I've locked the league until we've sorted out the IDP situation.

What do you guys think about this:

Here's a possible compromise that takes into consideration both grievances. First, I agree that the 4 auto pick teams should not have equal right to take the best IDPs from those teams that made the live draft. But, I do believe they deserve to have a chance to get a couple from what we drafted otherwise those 4 teams really will have a hard time being competitive this year. So, I recommend that all 8 teams that picked live release three IDPs of their choosing from their team back into free agency. THEN, after the last of the 8 managers that picked live releases his three IDPs. I'll announce a two day waiver period in which we can place bids on any free agents. Then may the higest bid win. This Allows for the Live 8 managers to keep their best talented IDPs. Also this allows those 4 managers a chance to grab some decent new talent while also giving all 8 managers of the live draft a chance to get those same players they initially picked. The top 8 get their best IDPs AND have a chance to get the rest of their team while the 4 auto pick teams still have a chance to at least get a few decent players to make things competitive.

I think this is the fairest option considering the circumstances.

vCash
    I wanted Rogers soo bad. Hes gonna be a beast this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    yeah, I've locked the league until we've sorted out the IDP situation.

What do you guys think about this:

Here's a possible compromise that takes into consideration both grievances. First, I agree that the 4 auto pick teams should not have equal right to take the best IDPs from those teams that made the live draft. But, I do believe they deserve to have a chance to get a couple from what we drafted otherwise those 4 teams really will have a hard time being competitive this year. So, I recommend that all 8 teams that picked live release three IDPs of their choosing from their team back into free agency. THEN, after the last of the 8 managers that picked live releases his three IDPs. I'll announce a two day waiver period in which we can place bids on any free agents. Then may the higest bid win. This Allows for the Live 8 managers to keep their best talented IDPs. Also this allows those 4 managers a chance to grab some decent new talent while also giving all 8 managers of the live draft a chance to get those same players they initially picked. The top 8 get their best IDPs AND have a chance to get the rest of their team while the 4 auto pick teams still have a chance to at least get a few decent players to make things competitive.

I think this is the fairest option considering the circumstances.
    I think this option is pretty fair, but do you think the teams that were able to draft release 2 players instead of three? Releasing half of my defensive players seem a little to much. There are still some quality players out there as well.

Just my two cents. What does everyone else like?

vCash
    My draft was really good. Overall, I would give myself a B+. My roster is below

QB Peyton Manning
    WR Reggie Wayne
    WR Percy Harvin
    RB Cedric Benson
    TE Antonio Gates
    WR Dez Bryant
    RB Ricky Williams
    K Akers
    Def Giants
    DB Tanard
    DB Brandon Flowers
    DL Marques Douglas (autopick)
    DL Mathis
    LB Briggs
    LB Demeco Ryans

I logged in just in time but lost track of time looking at the players and had to hurry and pick Reggie Wayne. There are a lot of people I would have picked before him but he was already highlighted and I just hit the draft button with 1 sec. left. Then I got Manning with the first pick in the second round which I thought was a great value seeing as he eclipsed 4500 yards last year. I didnt really draft with youth in mind when it came to elite players. I just couldnt pass. I think I did a pretty good job of getting some keepers for next year. My bench and RB core could be better but I think they can do the job for the week theyre in.

vCash
    I'm actually fine with the situation. It is kind of a deserving punishment for not being at the draft. My only beef is the fact that there is a bidding system. I guess at the time I kept my peace cause I wasn't really thinking of the circumstances. If we could change that I'd be fine, but if we cant it wont detour me away from the league.
    The Legends

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    I'm actually fine with the situation. It is kind of a deserving punishment for not being at the draft. My only beef is the fact that there is a bidding system. I guess at the time I kept my peace cause I wasn't really thinking of the circumstances. If we could change that I'd be fine, but if we cant it wont detour me away from the league.
    I hear ya. I'm actually starting to lose interest in this new feature myself.

I was talked into trying it out and then got caught up in the idea that it would make free agency more realistic to how the NFL works. But, I'm starting to think that's Buttkiss.

Unfortunately, it's a rule that can't be changed once the draft occurs. So we have to just try it out this year. We can always get rid of it after the year is over. At this point, I'd be ok with that conclusion.

I say, let's give it a try and who knows maybe it'll turn out to be better than we think, if not, it's gonna be removed from the league. But, in any case there's nothing that can be done aboue it THIS year.

vCash
    A note about Yahoo's default IDP rankings:

Buccaneers waived LB Jon Alston and WR Terrence Nunn.

Alston was signed away from the Raiders as a potential backup and special teamer, but he had fallen out of favor of late. It's interesting to note that he missed last week's game for undisclosed reasons. Nunn spent most of the 2009 season on the Bucs' practice squad. - Rotoworld

NICE...there #2 projected linebacker for the 2010 season is no longer in the NFL.

vCash
    LMAO^

i noticed this for several years. Its freakin weird. I guess the people who do the rankings are too lazy to do IDP's. You would think they would have fixed it by now. Its been on there however for about three years now that I can remember.
    The Legends

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast