Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pro Sports Daily Premier League Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Welcome to The National Fantasy Football League. (N.F.F.L.) Aka the Pro Sports Daily Premiere League. You're here because you're the best of the best. Now, prove you deserve to stay. To do that, don't finish in last place. The last place team will be replaced by the first place team from the PSD Minor League.

Divisions. AFC or NFC. Win that and your guaranteed a top seed in the playoffs. The other 4 playoffs slots will be filled based on overall league standings.

This will become a fantasy keeper league. This year, we'll draft as normal where the first pick of round #1 gets the last pick of round #2, aka serpentine. Next, year the draft will be straight ordered just like the pros. If you have the first pick of round #1, you'll have the first pick again for round #2.

Keepers will be a minimum of 3 players and a maximum of 8. All off-season traded players must be kept by teams involved in the trade. Because teams are required to keep a minimum of 3 players the draft actually will start with round 4 but only for those teams that keep the minimum number of keepers. The rest will begin their draft according to the number of keepers they retain.

Game On!

The official Pro Sports Daily Premier League is finally up, and now its time to get this show on the road. Use this thread to discuss players, news, injuries, etc.

vCash
    We're pretty much full already to 12. We have to make a decision if we'd like to go with 14 teams. Since, there's still a few PSD regulars who have shown interest but won't make it with just 12 teams. I'm not sure it'd be that bad since we've got divisions. It would make for 2 divisions of 7 teams each. We could even go 16 and have 4 divisions of 4 teams.

What I'm thinking of doing first is once we've got 12 teams in our league. I'll send an e-mail to every manager making sure they're really interested in playing this league full on. If anyone is tentative of their commitment we might go ahead and take them out to open space for someone else. I want to make sure this league is full of the best of the best.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Steady; 07-12-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

vCash
    I like 12. If there is like 18 people, we might just do the premiere league like we talked about and keep it to ten leaving 8 for the minors...
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I'm up for pretty much anything when it comes to the number of teams in the league. All I ask is if you're going play, please stay active. There is nothing more irritating then only having 3 or 4 people managing their team by week 6.

Like Steady said, if anyone is tentative of their commitment, let us know so we can find somebody who is willing to play throughout the entire season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    I'm up for pretty much anything when it comes to the number of teams in the league. All I ask is if you're going play, please stay active. There is nothing more irritating then only having 3 or 4 people managing their team by week 6.

Like Steady said, if anyone is tentative of their commitment, let us know so we can find somebody who is willing to play throughout the entire season.

Yeah, I prefer 12 too. But, I'd be flexible however everyone wants to do it.

6. 07-15-2010, 07:31 PM

7. 07-15-2010, 09:33 PM

vCash
    I'm not sure that was completely necessary. I believe it was all in good fun.

vCash
    It's not really a big deal, but I noticed that our league only starts one running back. The majority of the leagues I have played in previous years require two.

Did you guys use that format last year?

vCash
    It's the exact same format.

If you notice, only one running back is required, but then you'd have to start a minimum of 3 wide receivers and two tight ends or start 4 wide receivers.

These are the formations you'll see on the field too.

Two backs, Two Wide outs, Two Tight End strong formation.

1 back, 4 wideouts, 1 tight end passing formation.

It's all in the set up we've put together.

If we added another mandatory RB position then we start getting trip back situations and that's just not very realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    It's the exact same format.

If you notice, only one running back is required, but then you'd have to start a minimum of 3 wide receivers and two tight ends or start 4 wide receivers.

These are the formations you'll see on the field too.

Two backs, Two Wide outs, Two Tight End strong formation.

1 back, 4 wideouts, 1 tight end passing formation.

It's all in the set up we've put together.

If we added another mandatory RB position then we start getting trip back situations and that's just not very realistic.
    I guess I never thought of it like that. I'll definitely have to draft differently but it sounds like it is a good format to use.

How are we doing as far as rosters go? Do you have two more people you want to add or are we just going to go with ten?

vCash
    We'll get two more for sure.

vCash
    we got one already we just need one more

vCash
    Check Yo E-mails!

vCash
    Reminder - For those of you who have not chosen what days work for you to make the draft, check out this link:

http://www.doodle.com/xg7ezcentrgtktfk

vCash
    The Draft is all set for Sunday August 29th at 5:00 pm.

vCash
    Which Keeper option do you prefer? Let's hear your vote.

Option 1: 7 standard keepers.

1 - Quarterback
    1 - Runningback
    1 - Wide Receiver
    1 - Tight End/Kicker/Defensive Team
    2 - Defensive Players
    1 - Random, any position player

Option 2: Minimum of 5 Maximum of 9 but MUST keep 2 or more defensive players.

That is, you can keep any players on your team from any number of positions, but must keep a minimum of 2 defensive players regardless of how many players you keep. If you keep the minimum of 5 players you get to pick in the 1st round of the draft. If you keep the maximum of 9 you don't get to pick until round 5.

Option 3: I'm down for EITHER option.

That is, option 3 is, I don't give a sh*& what keeper option we play, I'm going to own you ALL. Let's get this vote over and get the show on the road!

So far, the tally is:

Option 1 has 3 votes

Option 2 has 2 votes

Option 3 has 2 vote

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast