Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 125

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,177
    vCash
    1500

    Pro Sports Daily Premier League Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Welcome to The National Fantasy Football League. (N.F.F.L.) Aka the Pro Sports Daily Premiere League. You're here because you're the best of the best. Now, prove you deserve to stay. To do that, don't finish in last place. The last place team will be replaced by the first place team from the PSD Minor League.

    Divisions. AFC or NFC. Win that and your guaranteed a top seed in the playoffs. The other 4 playoffs slots will be filled based on overall league standings.

    This will become a fantasy keeper league. This year, we'll draft as normal where the first pick of round #1 gets the last pick of round #2, aka serpentine. Next, year the draft will be straight ordered just like the pros. If you have the first pick of round #1, you'll have the first pick again for round #2.

    Keepers will be a minimum of 3 players and a maximum of 8. All off-season traded players must be kept by teams involved in the trade. Because teams are required to keep a minimum of 3 players the draft actually will start with round 4 but only for those teams that keep the minimum number of keepers. The rest will begin their draft according to the number of keepers they retain.

    Game On!

    The official Pro Sports Daily Premier League is finally up, and now its time to get this show on the road. Use this thread to discuss players, news, injuries, etc.


    We Want Winston!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Between Bow and Stern
    Posts
    3,751
    vCash
    1500
    We're pretty much full already to 12. We have to make a decision if we'd like to go with 14 teams. Since, there's still a few PSD regulars who have shown interest but won't make it with just 12 teams. I'm not sure it'd be that bad since we've got divisions. It would make for 2 divisions of 7 teams each. We could even go 16 and have 4 divisions of 4 teams.

    What I'm thinking of doing first is once we've got 12 teams in our league. I'll send an e-mail to every manager making sure they're really interested in playing this league full on. If anyone is tentative of their commitment we might go ahead and take them out to open space for someone else. I want to make sure this league is full of the best of the best.

    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Steady; 07-12-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    3,898
    vCash
    1500
    I like 12. If there is like 18 people, we might just do the premiere league like we talked about and keep it to ten leaving 8 for the minors...
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,177
    vCash
    1500
    I'm up for pretty much anything when it comes to the number of teams in the league. All I ask is if you're going play, please stay active. There is nothing more irritating then only having 3 or 4 people managing their team by week 6.

    Like Steady said, if anyone is tentative of their commitment, let us know so we can find somebody who is willing to play throughout the entire season.


    We Want Winston!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Between Bow and Stern
    Posts
    3,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    I'm up for pretty much anything when it comes to the number of teams in the league. All I ask is if you're going play, please stay active. There is nothing more irritating then only having 3 or 4 people managing their team by week 6.

    Like Steady said, if anyone is tentative of their commitment, let us know so we can find somebody who is willing to play throughout the entire season.

    Yeah, I prefer 12 too. But, I'd be flexible however everyone wants to do it.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

  6. 07-15-2010, 07:31 PM

  7. 07-15-2010, 09:33 PM

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Between Bow and Stern
    Posts
    3,751
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not sure that was completely necessary. I believe it was all in good fun.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,177
    vCash
    1500
    It's not really a big deal, but I noticed that our league only starts one running back. The majority of the leagues I have played in previous years require two.

    Did you guys use that format last year?


    We Want Winston!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Between Bow and Stern
    Posts
    3,751
    vCash
    1500
    It's the exact same format.

    If you notice, only one running back is required, but then you'd have to start a minimum of 3 wide receivers and two tight ends or start 4 wide receivers.

    These are the formations you'll see on the field too.

    Two backs, Two Wide outs, Two Tight End strong formation.

    1 back, 4 wideouts, 1 tight end passing formation.

    It's all in the set up we've put together.

    If we added another mandatory RB position then we start getting trip back situations and that's just not very realistic.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,177
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    It's the exact same format.

    If you notice, only one running back is required, but then you'd have to start a minimum of 3 wide receivers and two tight ends or start 4 wide receivers.

    These are the formations you'll see on the field too.

    Two backs, Two Wide outs, Two Tight End strong formation.

    1 back, 4 wideouts, 1 tight end passing formation.

    It's all in the set up we've put together.

    If we added another mandatory RB position then we start getting trip back situations and that's just not very realistic.
    I guess I never thought of it like that. I'll definitely have to draft differently but it sounds like it is a good format to use.

    How are we doing as far as rosters go? Do you have two more people you want to add or are we just going to go with ten?


    We Want Winston!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ilion, NY
    Posts
    7,713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    It's the exact same format.

    If you notice, only one running back is required, but then you'd have to start a minimum of 3 wide receivers and two tight ends or start 4 wide receivers.

    These are the formations you'll see on the field too.

    Two backs, Two Wide outs, Two Tight End strong formation.

    1 back, 4 wideouts, 1 tight end passing formation.

    It's all in the set up we've put together.

    If we added another mandatory RB position then we start getting trip back situations and that's just not very realistic.
    Hey sorry if this was mentioned and im just pointing this out.

    ON THE FIELD...there is 1 qb and 5 ol that leave 5 skill players not 6...impossible to have 2 rb 2 wr 2 te or 1 rb 4 wr 1 te....that is all

    We Want Winston

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Between Bow and Stern
    Posts
    3,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Hey sorry if this was mentioned and im just pointing this out.

    ON THE FIELD...there is 1 qb and 5 ol that leave 5 skill players not 6...impossible to have 2 rb 2 wr 2 te or 1 rb 4 wr 1 te....that is all
    Right on. Are you proposing a league change?

    Does anyone else have any suggestions for ways to improve the league?


    Hell Yeah, the commentary is coming back!
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ocean Beach, San Diego
    Posts
    555
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Originally Posted by bwallstreet
    Hey sorry if this was mentioned and im just pointing this out.

    ON THE FIELD...there is 1 qb and 5 ol that leave 5 skill players not 6...impossible to have 2 rb 2 wr 2 te or 1 rb 4 wr 1 te....that is all

    Right on. Are you proposing a league change?

    Does anyone else have any suggestions for ways to improve the league?


    Hell Yeah, the commentary is coming back!
    Sometimes the "fantasy" aspect of the term fantasy football comes into play in weird ways from league to league. We used to give 30 bonus points if a NFL record was broken by one of your players (like a RB breaking the single game rushing record). But, that was back in the USA Today days. Any true fantasy football old head knows that Monday & Tuesday USA Today newspapers were the official stat source for all fantasy league. We didn't even know what the Internet was. Hell, you actually had to know the other owners in your league!

    That's all in the past for me now, though. I have a three year old son. I gave up fantasy football 3 years ago. As a fan of the on-field game, it was the best decision I ever made. (My wife & kid love it, too--I'm not tied to the computer from Sunday morning until Monday night). But, I get to be a football fan again. I don't have to separate reality from fantasy. I don't have to root for Drew Brees when he is my QB and they happen to be playing the Bucs.

    But, I digress. I still love the fantasy aspect. I'll be following your league and reading the commentary. Heck, use me as an impartial sounding board. I love the fact that you guys seem to give a solid weekly recap of the previous weekend's action. I used to write our weekly newsletter.

    Good luck to all of you guys!

    I AM the Old School

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Between Bow and Stern
    Posts
    3,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tothe4th View Post
    Sometimes the "fantasy" aspect of the term fantasy football comes into play in weird ways from league to league. We used to give 30 bonus points if a NFL record was broken by one of your players (like a RB breaking the single game rushing record). But, that was back in the USA Today days. Any true fantasy football old head knows that Monday & Tuesday USA Today newspapers were the official stat source for all fantasy league. We didn't even know what the Internet was. Hell, you actually had to know the other owners in your league!

    That's all in the past for me now, though. I have a three year old son. I gave up fantasy football 3 years ago. As a fan of the on-field game, it was the best decision I ever made. (My wife & kid love it, too--I'm not tied to the computer from Sunday morning until Monday night). But, I get to be a football fan again. I don't have to separate reality from fantasy. I don't have to root for Drew Brees when he is my QB and they happen to be playing the Bucs.

    But, I digress. I still love the fantasy aspect. I'll be following your league and reading the commentary. Heck, use me as an impartial sounding board. I love the fact that you guys seem to give a solid weekly recap of the previous weekend's action. I used to write our weekly newsletter.

    Good luck to all of you guys!
    Right on man.

    As an old schooler myself well acquainted with the USA Today stats page, I welcome you as a sounding board for our league.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •