Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travis Zajac

vCash

Travis Zajac

I have seen a rumor that the Ducks are battling the Blues to try and trade for Travis Zajac from the Devils. I personally would enjoy this move a lot because I feel the the Ducks are in need of a Legit 3rd line center who can score goals and play on the power play. What do you think about the Ducks getting Zajac and who would they need to trade?

vCash
    I think that would definitely be a big plus and can help us out. But I think our main focus should be defense. With Neidermeyer now retired and the ducks trading away eminger. I think we need to get another solid defensemen.

vCash
    This is slighty funny becuase I am a huge Ducks fan and my brother is a huge devils fan. He said he saw a rumor that the devils were trying to get ryan. I think Zajac is good but if we have to give up Bobby Ryan to get him i say no deal. I do agree we need another legit center to go with Getz and Koivu. Its times like this were I really wish we still had Andy Mac

vCash
    Here's a trade thought that I had: Ducks acquiring Travis Zajac and maybe Anssi Salmela in exchange for Joffrey Lupul and Ryan Carter, and a 2nd round pick, and then maybe signing a guy like Maxim Afinogenov. Then again, if the Devils do resign Kovalchuk to that 17 year 100 million dollar contract that they were rumored to sign him to, then they will have to do what the Blackhawks are doing right now and make stupid trades, trading players for draft picks. Maybe the Ducks can get Zajac that way.
    Last edited by bbpagewolf; 07-10-2010 at 05:03 PM.

vCash
    Wouldnt be the worst thing. Zajac would help and if they only want picks for him i say deal

vCash
    I am praying that this rumor comes true. Just absolutely PRAYING!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    I like Ryan, but there's just something about Zajac I like. He's a hockey player, plain and simple. Plus he's terrific on face offs. He hasn't even reached his ceiling yet and will only get better. A team would have to offer something fairly enticing for me to be interested in losing him, mainly because the Devils always seem to struggle when it comes to finding a center.
    ^This is a REAL Nets fan^

"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime."

- Babe Ruth

vCash
    First of all, Zajac would never be traded hes too valuable to the devils because of his position. And even if the devils sign kovy, zajac isnt going anywhere. The devils have plenty of other players who can either be waived or traded (langenbrunner, white, salvador, zubrus) all of those players make 2.9 mil or more and can be waived or traded. The devils wont be giving anyone away for free or for draft picks. And Zajac certainly will not be moved. Oh and hes not a 3rd line center, hes a borderline line 1 center, and a great line 2 center who is going to put up 65-70 pts every year and be in the selke voting for the next decade.

vCash
    Well, if the Devils end up signing Kovalchuk to the other deal they had originally offered him, then they may have to resort to trading Zajac.

vCash
    "then they may have to resort to trading zajac" Zajac will not be traded hes making 3.5 mil if they need to make cap space white salvador zubrus langenbrunner would all be moved first if not tradeable they would be waived to make cap space. there is NO CHANCE zajac will be moved.

vCash
    I have no idea where this rumor got started. I really cannot see the Devil's ever trading Zajac. Not now anyway. He's far too good of a player, not a big liability when it comes to the cap, and he has incredible chemistry with Parise.

vCash
    It was a rumor started by Eklund a long time ago and he specifically said that the Ducks and Blues were in a battle to trade for Zajac if the Devils resigned Kovalchuk.

vCash
    Well, well, well. It looks like I may be right about Zajac being moved after all. Let's pray that the Ducks try to get him especially now that they lost out on Kariya for this season and with Lupul missing some time for the beginning of the year, the Ducks could use Zajac's offense.

vCash
    I don't trust that report. It could be the fan in me, but it doesn't make sense for the Devils. Part of the good feelings for this season is having several legitimate centers. I can't see them letting thier #1 go.

vCash
    Keep in mind, it all rests upon Kovalchuk's contract and whether it will be accepted or rejected by the league, which by the way I saw that the decision could quite possibly be announced later tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast