Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bucs Sign Keydrick Vincent to 2-Year Deal

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed free agent guard Keydrick Vincent to a two-year contract on Friday. Undrafted rookie Sergio Render was released. Vincent was starter for the Carolina Panthers the past two years and is a nine-year veteran. The 6-foot-5, 325-pound Vincent was a starter the past two seasons with the Carolina Panthers.
    Source: pewterreport.com

Bucs signed OG Keydrick Vincent, formerly of the Panthers, to an undisclosed contract. Vincent was the starter for the Panthers last season. However he missed the last three games of the season is coming off of groin surgery, but did help the clear the way for Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams who helped lead the Panthers to the third most rushing yards in the league.
    Source: rotoworld.com

vCash
    Grabbin a starting guard from the run dominate Panthers can't be all bad.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

vCash
    this is great news! from what ive been reading zuttah has been slacking A LOT to the point no one at one buc place wants him to start. vincent was part of that running game carolina has had the past two years and adding a guy like this only helps. this is huge guys, it really is. hes 32, but for lineman, they can be good till their 34-35 and then thats when the decline tends to happen. great job Mark, i believe in you and you continue to show everyone why i do.
    Im officially on the the Mike Glennon Bandwagon. This is our guy.

vCash
    I guess this means that Zuttah is on a short leash?

After some research, he started 30 games for Carolina the last two years including all 16 last year. From reading fan reactions, they're cutting cost from having to resign him and allowing younger guys to step up that Carolina believes are ready.

I think this is a great addition, he's been said to be a mauler in the run game

Save us, Jameis.

vCash
    Sounds great to me we gotta improve the o line to show up big this year.

vCash
    Great singing to push/challenge Zuttah to create quality depth at OL.

vCash
    haha so i guess Faine isnt the old guy on the line anymore. But really i like this signing. I was kinda hoping that sergio render was a dimond in the rough. ohh well

vCash
    I guess this is confirmation that Zuttah really isn't showing up this offseason. At 32, Vincent is like a senior citizen on this team.

Let's hope this guy holds up for a year or two so we have some time to draft the next Arron Sears.

vCash
    The guy is proven, and I believe he'll be good til he hit 34 maybe. That's when his age will affect his ability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chris05676 View Post
    haha so i guess Faine isnt the old guy on the line anymore. But really i like this signing. I was kinda hoping that sergio render was a dimond in the rough. ohh well
    yea, me too. i thought render would eventually be a part of our OL plans down the road. but like you said, o well.

i keep saying it and i will continue to keep saying it so all buc fans will remember what Mark N Rah have been preaching this since the draft last yr; "It's ALL about number 5". they will NOT i repeat NOT let anything happen to josh. i rest assure you of that lol. if there is a weak link that could hamper the development of freeman, you can be 100% guaranteed that the problem will be fixed asap. Vincent will help freemans development bc with his run blocking abilities, we now have a scary looking interior 3 if you ask me:

Vincent, Faine, and Joseph are all very good lineman and all of them can run block very well. We need to turn around and just give the ball to caddy 20 times a game until josh, benn, and williams are ready to be the vocal point of the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    I guess this means that Zuttah is on a short leash?

After some research, he started 30 games for Carolina the last two years including all 16 last year. From reading fan reactions, they're cutting cost from having to resign him and allowing younger guys to step up that Carolina believes are ready.

I think this is a great addition, he's been said to be a mauler in the run game
    Yea, this guy is a stud. im extremely excited about him to be honest. if you read the article on him on buccaneers.com, it will show you how much success hes actually had in the NFL, i was surprised and extremely impressed by how many really good offensive lines hes started on. take some time and read it all buc fans.

Zuttah has been a disappointment esp after having a pretty good rookie season. his attitude is whats hurt him the most. he has the ability, but ultimately, its about the "want to" and he hasnt shown that since starting. maybe some good competition will turn it around for him, but at this point, i am penciling in Keydrick Vincent as the starting LG on opening day.

vCash
    sorry about the double post haha.

vCash
    Don't you mean triple post? =P

I'm not ready to start throwing Zuttah under the bus. To be honest I haven't followed him at all this off-season. All I know is he's been a stud for us since he came into the league. Giving us one of the strongest interior line core in the league.

My issue with our O-line has been with our tackles. I'd like to see both be improved upon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Don't you mean triple post? =P

I'm not ready to start throwing Zuttah under the bus. To be honest I haven't followed him at all this off-season. All I know is he's been a stud for us since he came into the league. Giving us one of the strongest interior line core in the league.

My issue with our O-line has been with our tackles. I'd like to see both be improved upon.
    The reason i say that is bc ive been reading PewterReport and there have been numerous articles about coaches AND players growing very tired of Zuttah and his attitude of entitlement. he was supposed to be competing with sears as sears was clearly the better lineman, but sears had personal issues and it affected him mentally. the job was given to zuttah by default and ever since hes not been working or trying to get better.

im not ready to give up on Zuttah either but he deserves this criticism. our ol underperformed significantly last yr and players like Faine, Joseph and Trueblood realize that they need to have a huge bounce back yr. where as players like Zuttah feels like he doesnt have to do anything to get better bc hes starting and Penn who believes hes the second coming to Wille Roaf. Vincent is a proven player and if Zuttah does not pick his game up, he will be back to back up duty again and fighting to stay on the team come next yr.

i do agree fully that our tackles also need to step it up too. Penn just needs to get to camp and prove he can be great week in and week out, and be a COMPLETE Tackle that is very good at pass AND run blocking... my issue with Trueblood has been his penalties.thats whats always hurting him. hes a very good run blocker, but his pass protection is suspect at times. were supposed to be a power blocking team, but we tried the whole zone scheme and that didnt work out. im hoping that now we are back to man power blocking and with the addition of Vincent, we will be able to just run run run, then play action pass to kellen and benn, then hit em deep with williams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUETAMPAFAN View Post
    The reason i say that is bc ive been reading PewterReport and there have been numerous articles about coaches AND players growing very tired of Zuttah and his attitude of entitlement. he was supposed to be competing with sears as sears was clearly the better lineman, but sears had personal issues and it affected him mentally. the job was given to zuttah by default and ever since hes not been working or trying to get better.

im not ready to give up on Zuttah either but he deserves this criticism. our ol underperformed significantly last yr and players like Faine, Joseph and Trueblood realize that they need to have a huge bounce back yr. where as players like Zuttah feels like he doesnt have to do anything to get better bc hes starting and Penn who believes hes the second coming to Wille Roaf. Vincent is a proven player and if Zuttah does not pick his game up, he will be back to back up duty again and fighting to stay on the team come next yr.

i do agree fully that our tackles also need to step it up too. Penn just needs to get to camp and prove he can be great week in and week out, and be a COMPLETE Tackle that is very good at pass AND run blocking... my issue with Trueblood has been his penalties.thats whats always hurting him. hes a very good run blocker, but his pass protection is suspect at times. were supposed to be a power blocking team, but we tried the whole zone scheme and that didnt work out. im hoping that now we are back to man power blocking and with the addition of Vincent, we will be able to just run run run, then play action pass to kellen and benn, then hit em deep with williams.

Right on.

If that't true about Zuttah then that sucks ***. He's been one of the bright spots on our line through out. I was more concerned with retaining him once Sears got back, but then once that didn't pan out I wasn't worried since we still had a solid guard in Zuttah; who could start for a LOT of teams in the league based merely on his performance on the field.

But, I'm all for competition and maybe adding a little age to the line will foster more maturity.

As for our tackles, I'm not sure merely working with what we have will fix our problems with them. I believe these are mere limitations in their abilities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast