Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1167
    vCash
    Tyler Cloud named pitcher of the year in The International League.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    lets not get carried away with Tocci, he has an OPS of only .629. And has 0 HRs in 38 games to go along with only 2 extra base hits, not sure how that is even possible. He really has NO power at this point, granted he is only 17 but he is get far to much hype on here to this point.
    Right, I agree. But Im not saying that its his bat thats major league ready. Ive said, in both posts now, that he needs the bat to come along at some point before he can even think about the majors.

Im really not trying to argue with anyone on the forum. I dont post much, but Ive been reading everyones posts for over two years now and I have a lot of respect for you all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    I don't know if he's getting too much hype, he is the most exciting player in the system after all and there hasn't been THAT much hype either.
    not much hype? you said earlier than you were thinking about putting him as your number one prospect, won't be surprised if he reaches the bigs by 20, has superstar potential, and is the next cant miss phillies spec? that isn't hype?

I like Tocci as well but that kind of talk is foolish given his stats and age.
    Last edited by Synyster89; 08-28-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Ruf ties Howards Reading record. Hopefully a September call up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie:23466276
    Ruf ties Howards Reading record. Hopefully a September call up.
    Can he pitch in the bullpen?
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    I don't know why everyone writes off Ruf so quickly. There is nothing in his numbers that show he can't sustain big numbers at his level. Every time he moves up a level, he's been quickly dismissed by scouts, yet each time he keeps improving and proving them wrong. He's been proving these scouts wrong since he was 17.
    I don't care how old he is, if he can play ball then he deserves a shot. He's put up better numbers than any Phillies' prospect over the past decade.

All I'm suggesting is that we give him a shot, scouting reports aren't everything in the game. These scouts are the same scouts who refuse to adapt to the new game of baseball and accept the fact that sabermetrics are very useful for front offices.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    I don't know why everyone writes off Ruf so quickly. There is nothing in his numbers that show he can't sustain big numbers at his level. Every time he moves up a level, he's been quickly dismissed by scouts, yet each time he keeps improving and proving them wrong. He's been proving these scouts wrong since he was 17.
    I don't care how old he is, if he can play ball then he deserves a shot. He's put up better numbers than any Phillies' prospect over the past decade.

All I'm suggesting is that we give him a shot, scouting reports aren't everything in the game. These scouts are the same scouts who refuse to adapt to the new game of baseball and accept the fact that sabermetrics are very useful for front offices.
    False. Even the new wave guys thought little of him.

vCash
    Its entirely possible that these scouts are wrong.
    Last edited by Dark Donnie; 08-29-2012 at 01:31 AM.

vCash
    It is. But like someone said, plenty of people rake in the minors and don't do anything in the majors. Big difference between AAA and MLB

vCash
    We'll see I guess. Guy is having one of the best seasons in Reading history. We'll see what The Phils have planned but it sounds like he'll be getting called up which is good news.

vCash
    It doesn't really make sense to call him up. We'd have to put him on the 40 man roster just so he could have 11 AB down the stretch.

At this point, it makes the most sense to simply congratulate him on a great season and ask him to repeat it at AAA next year.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Wouldn't he have to be added to the 40 man anyway to avoid Rule 5? He'll certainly get claimed by someone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    not much hype? you said earlier than you were thinking about putting him as your number one prospect, won't be surprised if he reaches the bigs by 20, has superstar potential, and is the next cant miss phillies spec? that isn't hype?

I like Tocci as well but that kind of talk is foolish given his stats and age.
    Just because stats aren't there doesn't mean he's not a viable number one prospect. I'm not saying that he IS a number one, can't miss prospect. But just because his stats aren't there yet doesn't mean anything. Thus the term "prospect"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    It doesn't really make sense to call him up. We'd have to put him on the 40 man roster just so he could have 11 AB down the stretch.

At this point, it makes the most sense to simply congratulate him on a great season and ask him to repeat it at AAA next year.
    A-Team, what's your take on Ruf and Cloud? I haven't seen there names as potential MLB contributors, but both seem to have gotten high praise this year for really good seasons.

vCash
    Phillies The Phillies will recall right-hander Tyler Cloyd from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to start Wednesday against the Mets.

It will be his major league debut. He'll be starting in place of Cole Hamels, who was scratched due to a stomach virus. Cloyd, 25, has boosted his stock this season by going 15-1 with a 2.26 ERA and 113/41 K/BB ratio over 167 innings in 26 starts between Double- and Triple-A. It's just a spot-start, so those in NL-only leagues can afford to wait and see before picking him up.
    Source: Jim Salisbury on Twitter Aug 29 - 11:32 AM

Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast