Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^^i dont think any package has that potential...maybe drabek and darnoud...but then again who cares since we got halladay and his cy young arm...his signings are his weak point imo so far...except for the lee trade (which could turn around this year if the guys step up) all his deals have been favorable
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    I've been amazed at how high the Phillies farm has been ranked because I don't consider it that impressive. Sure the lower level talent is excellent but attrition has a way of martyring most of those guys in the name of What Could Have Been (especially pitchers). But then I look around at the other farm systems and I realize that the Royals, Rays, and Braves are very good. That's one tier. The Jays and Yankees are respectably good thanks to ridiculous catching depth more than anything else. That's tier two which is waaay below tier one. Then there's a steeper drop to the Reds through the Angels, another steep drop to the Cubs-Tigers, and then a bottomless drop to five truly horrific farm systems.

It's not a good time in baseball prospectdom.
    As it should be expected after having 3-4 years of tremendous talent coming through the systems. Bound to be a dry spell eventually

vCash
    This year's draft is expected to remedy that. Players who would be supplemental 1st rounders are expected to be found in the late 2nd and into the 3rd round this year. Good timing too with uncertainty on whether or not teams can go overslot after 2011.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    This year's draft is expected to remedy that. Players who would be supplemental 1st rounders are expected to be found in the late 2nd and into the 3rd round this year. Good timing too with uncertainty on whether or not teams can go overslot after 2011.
    Damn, its that deep? Hopefully we can get some college talent that wont take too long to develop

vCash
    I forgot to post this a few days back, but apparently the Altherr to 3b idea didn't stick. He's working out with outfielders again.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Minor league rosters are announced. A couple of the interesting ones include Savery trying out the stick in Clearwater and Domingo Santana getting a repeat shot at Lakewood.

Clearwater's OF of James, Singleton, Castro, D'arby Myers, and Brian Gump is pretty damn talented.

vCash
    clearwater is going to be nasty...i cant wait to watch the numbers from the young pups!

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Hey Ateam, I saw you say something about Belt being a non prospect earlier. What are your thoughts on him

vCash
    non-prospect is probably the wrong phrase, I don't have time to elaborate but he seems fairly solid.

vCash
    Just to give the rosters:

Clearwater:

Catchers: Sebastain Valle, Kyle Lafrenz, Joel Naughton

Infield: Joe Savery, Cesar Hernandez, Troy Hanzawa, Travis Mattair, Darin Ruf, Alan Schoenberger

Outfield: Leandro Castro, Jiwan James, Jonathan Singleton, D’Arby Myers, Brian Gump

SP: Jarar Cosart, Brody Colvin, Trevor May, Jon Pettibone,Julio Rodriguez

RP: Tyler Cloyd, Jordan Ellis, Joe Esposito, Justin Friend, Derrick Loop, Ebelin Lugo, Jordan Whatcott

Lakewood:

Catcher: Cameron Rupp and Torre Langley

Infield: James Murphy, Jeremy Barnes, Edgar Duran, Geancarlo Mendez, Carlos Perdomo, Stephen Batts

Outfield: Aaron Altherr, Miguel ALvarez, Zach Collier, Anthony Hewitt, Domingo Santana

SP: Jesse Biddle, David Buchanan, Colby Shreve, Eric Pettis, Mario Hollands

RP: Jake Borup, Garrett Claypool, CHase Johnson, Tyler Knigge, Ervis Manzanillo, Bryan Morgado, Juan Sosa

Reading:

Catcher: Tuffy Gosewisch, Tim Kennelly, John Suomi

Infield: Matt Rizzotti, Freddy Galvis, Harold Garcia, Fidel Hernandez, Cody Overbeck, Carlos Rivero

Outfield: Chris Frey, Derrick Mitchell, Steve SUsdorf, Mike Spidale

Starters: Austin Hyatt, Josh Zeid, JC Ramirez, Ryan Edell, Mike Cisco

Relievers: Tyson Brummett, Chance Chapman, BJ Rosenberg, Phillipe Aumont, Justin DeFratus, Jacob Diekman, Chris Kissock.

*Lehigh Valley:

Catchers: Erik Kratz and Dane Sardinha

Infield: Tagg Bozied, Josh Barfield, Jeff Larish, Kevin Frandsen, Robby Hudson

Outfield: Matt Miller, Rich Thompson, Brandon Moss, Delwyn Young, Cory Sullivan

Starters: Nate Bump, Drew Naylor, Vance Worley, Ryan Feirabend, Brian Bass, Eddie Bonine

Relievers: Matt Anderson, Drew Carpenter, Jason Grilli, Scott Mathieson, Michael Schwimer, Mike STutes, Mike Zagurski, Juan Perez.

*LHV will cut 3 players before opening day, April 7th.

Lists an info courtesy of phuturephillies.com
    Last edited by koldjerky; 04-03-2011 at 07:44 PM.

vCash
    Clearwater's starting rotation =

vCash
    Hey Anthony Hewitt

vCash
    joe savery in the infield...his bat could turn him back into a prospect

vCash
    If only it doesn't turn on when he's like 30.

vCash
    Minor league games started yesterday. Phuture Phillies has the box scores. Some of the more interesting performances are:

Joe Savery 4-4, 2b, BB
    Jiwan James 2-4, 2 BB (led off for Clearwater in 10-1 win)
    Vance Worley 6 IP, 5 H, 1 BB, 9 K
    Michael Stutes 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 3 K

Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast