Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    As any 30 year old (or whatever he is) should be at AA.
    31, and yeah.

He's pretty much the new Andy Tracy.

vCash
    Good news on May

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Goldstein
    Trevor May, RHP, Phillies (Low-A Lakewood): 6 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 0 BB, 12 K. 51 strikeouts over 32 innings in last five starts as early-season command issues are a thing of the past.
    Now he just needs to show command in the FSL.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    that is good news because his stuff can be filthy. if he continues to avoid the walks i'm pretty excited about May.

These kids have a bright future.

Check out my series on the short term and long term state of the Eagles roster, and let me know what you think.

Running Back
    Quarterback
    Tight End
    Wide Receivers
    Offensive Tackle
    Interior Offensive Line

vCash

vCash
    Sutter on the payroll? That can't hurt at all.....it will be nice to develop an alternate pitch to the fastball before these guys get to the bigs....

vCash
    So, I went to the Iron Pigs game last night (on thursday, a 5-0 loss to the 1st place Yankees, who the pigs trail my a meager 28 games) and saw the new guy pitching, Nate Robertson against the Yankees AAA club....don't expect help from him any time soon....he topped off around 87 mph, and did not look good once they got to the 2nd time through the line-up....his line you ask?

4.2 IP, 5 R (4 ER), 7 H, 1 K, 2 BB
    other pitchers?
    Duckworth (you may want to ask, how much IS a duckworth?)...he struck out 4 of the 7 batters that he faced, making them look foolish in some AB's
    Zagurski...the first pitch, FIRST PITCH he gives up a sharp, lined single (I was aggravated) and then he struck out the side and was pretty impressive...he was consistently around 91/92 mph and hit 94 @ his best

Mayberry had a nice single that gave the pigs 1st & 2nd but then they sputtered

the hilight of the night was seeing Eric Bruntlett starting @ SS minus his beard...I said to my bro-in law that his beard was the reason that we won it all in '08 and he looked at me like I had the plague....he doesn't understand Beardlett....

btw, no Dobbs showing....I didn't even see him hiding in the dugout (I was on the other side of the field)...

btw-II, I thought only the big club couldn't score, but I guess it has permeated throughout the organization

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    So, I went to the Iron Pigs game last night (on thursday, a 5-0 loss to the 1st place Yankees, who the pigs trail my a meager 28 games) and saw the new guy pitching, Nate Robertson against the Yankees AAA club....don't expect help from him any time soon....he topped off around 87 mph, and did not look good once they got to the 2nd time through the line-up....his line you ask?

4.2 IP, 5 R (4 ER), 7 H, 1 K, 2 BB
    other pitchers?
    Duckworth (you may want to ask, how much IS a duckworth?)...he struck out 4 of the 7 batters that he faced, making them look foolish in some AB's
    Zagurski...the first pitch, FIRST PITCH he gives up a sharp, lined single (I was aggravated) and then he struck out the side and was pretty impressive...he was consistently around 91/92 mph and hit 94 @ his best

Mayberry had a nice single that gave the pigs 1st & 2nd but then they sputtered

the hilight of the night was seeing Eric Bruntlett starting @ SS minus his beard...I said to my bro-in law that his beard was the reason that we won it all in '08 and he looked at me like I had the plague....he doesn't understand Beardlett....

btw, no Dobbs showing....I didn't even see him hiding in the dugout (I was on the other side of the field)...

btw-II, I thought only the big club couldn't score, but I guess it has permeated throughout the organization
    I say that whenever someone says his name lol.

Nice rightup btw

vCash
    A more aggressive team would have cycled Duckworth in for Baez long ago. They also would have replaced Kendrick with Figueroa.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    It absolutely sucks we had to lose Figgy instead of Baez.

vCash
    btw, I didn't say it and it may be obvious, but Beardlett is playing for the yankees...they also had Golson on their team and he can freakin' fly...

vCash
    yea as I said about Golson all along, his defense and speed will give him a middling ML career even if his bat can't do diddily squat. In most organizations, he's a 6th OF, and those typically find their way onto the roster.

vCash
    Trevor May gets highlighted

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein
    Trevor May, RHP, Phillies, (Low-A Lakewood)

At 6-foot-5 and 215 pounds, May has a classic power-pitching build to go with a 92-94 mph fastball that touches 96 and two quality secondary offerings in his power curve and an advanced changeup for his age (he's only 20). He had massive control problems earlier in the spring, but the Phillies worked with him. Since July 1, he's tied for the minor-league lead in strikeouts—but more importantly for the personnel folks in Philly, he's only walked 19 in that span. Despite the early-season stumble, no arm in the system matches his upside.

vCash
    Love it...he'll be ready by the time Oswalt leaves...

vCash
    We still don't know where those command problems came from or where they went. Could be they'll return once he gets re-promoted.

vCash
    I think he will have some time to correct his problems as we have a great 1-2-3 going through next year (and 2012 if they pay Oswalt)....with the exception of too many innings pitched fro teh season, shouldn't this guy get promoted already?

Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast