Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If by deeper, you mean average ballplayers with little ceiling, then yes: the Mets are better.
    Long Drive: A Phillies Blog

@LineyPLD on Twitter

Member:
    Phillies PSD Hall Of Fame, Class of 2009
    Eagles PSD Hall Of Fame, Inaugural Class of 2009
    Sixers PSD Hall Of Fame, Class of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liney3506 View Post
    If by deeper, you mean average ballplayers with little ceiling, then yes: the Mets are better.
    That was what I was thinking....one guy(Silver Seaver) commented that are farm is terrible and we would be bad for 15 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    Lol they keep deleted every Phillies fans opinion in the Mets forum because they say its about the Mets and not the Phillies.... The title is the Mets have the deepest farm in the NL East... considering it says in the NL East isn't that relevant to the Phillies/Braves/Marlins/Nationals correct???
    God forbid anyone try to make a point.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Jesse Biddle, LHP, Phillies (Rookie-level GCL Phillies): 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 K. First-round pick has been outstanding of late; 19 IP, 11 H, 3 BB, 26 K in last four starts.

from KG

He's somewhere between 4 and 8 on the prospect list right now, but probably more on the low end. I think my top 10 looks something like Brown, Cosart, Singleton, Jiwan James, Trevor May (rebounded nicely after demotion), Sebastian Valle, Gillies, Biddle, Colvin, Domingo Santana, and um...Mathieson? Bastardo? Aumont? You could defend any number of names at the back of the list including Worley, Austin Hyatt, JC Ramirez, or Michael Schwimer. Everything between Singleton and Santana is kind of lumpy...and Singleton himself isn't a sure lock for #3 after cooling off from his elite start to the season. There's a couple guys with promising stats that I know nothing about. If they're near as good as their numbers, I'll hear something soon.

Once Brown is off the list, our list of potentially impactful minor leaguers stops right around 8.

Yes I'm still counting Brown as a prospect.

I put out an inquiry on Tyson Gillies since he has vanished with a hamstring injury.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Is Aumont sucking??

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Is Aumont sucking??
    Depends on how well you think he should be doing in Clearwater...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Jesse Biddle, LHP, Phillies (Rookie-level GCL Phillies): 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 K. First-round pick has been outstanding of late; 19 IP, 11 H, 3 BB, 26 K in last four starts.

from KG

He's somewhere between 4 and 8 on the prospect list right now, but probably more on the low end. I think my top 10 looks something like Brown, Cosart, Singleton, Jiwan James, Trevor May (rebounded nicely after demotion), Sebastian Valle, Gillies, Biddle, Colvin, Domingo Santana, and um...Mathieson? Bastardo? Aumont? You could defend any number of names at the back of the list including Worley, Austin Hyatt, JC Ramirez, or Michael Schwimer. Everything between Singleton and Santana is kind of lumpy...and Singleton himself isn't a sure lock for #3 after cooling off from his elite start to the season. There's a couple guys with promising stats that I know nothing about. If they're near as good as their numbers, I'll hear something soon.

Once Brown is off the list, our list of potentially impactful minor leaguers stops right around 8.

Yes I'm still counting Brown as a prospect.

I put out an inquiry on Tyson Gillies since he has vanished with a hamstring injury.
    unfortunately, most of these guys are below AA ball....

vCash
    Yes...unfortunately...

And yes, Aumont is pretty much sucking. From what I've heard, there's just no consistency.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Do we see reliever in his future?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    Lol they keep deleted every Phillies fans opinion in the Mets forum because they say its about the Mets and not the Phillies.... The title is the Mets have the deepest farm in the NL East... considering it says in the NL East isn't that relevant to the Phillies/Braves/Marlins/Nationals correct???
    There just sore losers over there. Let them think what they want they can have a deep farm system. We have a deep Major league system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Do we see reliever in his future?
    I'm not sure what we see anymore...I'm close to calling him not a prospect. I'm only second guessing that decision because I hated the Lee deal so much when it happened. Maybe my emotions are clouding my judgement. He'll be between 11-15 on my list going into next year, but a slow start will put him on the **** list with Anthony Hewitt and Kyrell Hudson. Conversely, a fast start will have him hopping back up to the top 5 very quickly.

vCash
    We got hustled by Seattle :S

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    No ****.

Now, who remembers the team I identified as the proper trading partner for Lee. Hint, they play in the largest contiguous state and they aren't the Astros. O yea and Cliff Lee plays for them.

How hard would it have been to swing Cliff Lee for say Holland and a utility infield type? Or if the Rangers were really pressed financially, we could have tossed 3 mil in and taken Martin Perez and a utility man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    No ****.

Now, who remembers the team I identified as the proper trading partner for Lee. Hint, they play in the largest contiguous state and they aren't the Astros. O yea and Cliff Lee plays for them.

How hard would it have been to swing Cliff Lee for say Holland and a utility infield type? Or if the Rangers were really pressed financially, we could have tossed 3 mil in and taken Martin Perez and a utility man.
    Apparently we were asking for the moon when talking with the rangers

vCash
    Plus, I wouldn't be so sure the Rangers thought they were going to be in the same place, standings wise, they were in when they acquired him. With their financial restrictions I'm pretty sure they would've been a little more conservative in acquiring him this past off season.

Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast