Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1167
    vCash
    May stayed about the same but a lot of pitchers graduated from the list.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    I'm not sold on Sickel's rankings yet.
    Between this and your comments about Keith Law, I get the feeling you're "not sold" on anybody who doesn't fall all over himself praising the Phillies' farm system.

Law and Sickels are both pretty well-respected prospect mavens (even though Sickels isn't a professional scout and Law is kind of a snarky douchebag). I mean, you're free to think whatever you want, but yeah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    I'm not sold on Sickel's rankings yet. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into them. Trevor May is #32 on his pitching rankings? I didn't think that May took a step forward at all. Hope he sees something though.
    Well that could mean hes in the 70's depending on what the top 100 list looks like. I believe he was in the 50's at the midseason rankings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Between this and your comments about Keith Law, I get the feeling you're "not sold" on anybody who doesn't fall all over himself praising the Phillies' farm system.

Law and Sickels are both pretty well-respected prospect mavens (even though Sickels isn't a professional scout and Law is kind of a snarky douchebag). I mean, you're free to think whatever you want, but yeah.
    Does any scout fall all over himself praising the Phillies' system? No. Do I expect that out of any scout? Hell no. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that this is a very poor farm system..

Not sure where your coming from exactly. I'll go check out my post on Law to see if I was being as large of a homer as you say.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Eh, possible I misremembered. My fault if that's the case, but the vast majority the Law hate I've seen on these boards over the years is based solely on some perceived hatred/bias he has against the Phillies.

vCash
    Honestly I'm 90% sure May is way overhyped and Biddle is somewhat overhyped. I think they both are likely to end up as very good relievers.

Which is to say, I can't fathom either of them as a top 100 prospect.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Honestly I'm 90% sure May is way overhyped and Biddle is somewhat overhyped. I think they both are likely to end up as very good relievers.

Which is to say, I can't fathom either of them as a top 100 prospect.
    I absolutely agree with you on May...is overrated and should be exposed by now for what he is. Which is why Im surprised he still even appears on these lists, but who knows there is time for a turn around however not likely that is. Biddle however I actually like and put him as the #1 Phillies prospect, I think he can stick as a starter...now sure what you've seen that puts him in the pen?
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    In the case of Biddle I don't actually have a defensible reason. I may very well just be lumping him in with May. I agree with him as our #1 spec, but I might be down on him because I view him as a rather poor #1.

vCash
    I definately agree...in a good system he would be at the back end of the top 10. I was just curious if you'd see anything to project him as a pen arm thats all haha.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Many of the reports I've seen on Asche seem very positive. But I've seen little on Maikel Franco. I know he played in Lakewood this season but found little on the his development.

vCash
    The short of it is Franco had a terrible first half and a strong second half. It was an encouraging half season, but the next thing we need to see is a full year of production. He definitely has the tools to contribute in the majors, but he's still a long way from reaching his ceiling.

vCash
    The Phillies lost Tyson Brummett to the Blue Jays yesterday. Brummett had his first strong minor league season split between double-A and triple-A. He also split time between starting and relieving.

Brummett was an org soldier prior to last year, but may have played his way into an opportunity for a bullpen role. He would have been selected in the Rule 5 draft had he made it through waivers and he clearly isn't the kind of guy to keep on the 40 man roster.

vCash
    Baseball America released the organization's Top 10 rankings with our prospects:

1. Jesse Biddle, LHP
    2. Roman Quinn, SS
    3. Tommy Joseph, C
    4. Jon Pettibone, RHP
    5. Adam Morgan, LHP
    6. Ethan Martin, RHP
    7. Cody Asche, 3B
    8. Maikel Franco, 3B
    9. Darin Ruf, 1B/OF
    10. Carlos Tocci, OF

The list was about what I expected with Quinn surprising me going up to #2 and Tocci all the way up to #10.

vCash
    Uhg. That's a pretty ugly list.

A little surprised Valle was bumped entirely. I guess they really don't like his plate approach. Also surprised about Quinn at #2. Must be purely about upside since most of the guys below him have limited upside.

vCash
    The Phillies top 10 at BPro should be up in a couple weeks. They're posting the articles in reverse order of standings, so the Phillies are 4th or 5th in line behind the Mariners, Mets, and Padres. They tied with the DBacks.

Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast