Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Prospect Updates, Part 2!

Well, our first prospect update thread has hit 1,000 posts. When that thread started 445 days ago, we still had Carlos Carrasco, Kyle Drabek, Michael Taylor, Travis D'Arnaud, Jason Knapp, among others in our minor league team. Those names have departed (but at least netted us Doc ); however, new names like Cosart, Colvin, and Singleton have arrived for us to fantasize about . Keep up the good discussion!

To keep conversation going, here are the last 3 posts from the first thread:

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    From KG

Domonic Brown, OF, Phillies (Triple-A Lehigh Valley): 2-for-4, HR (4), 2 R, RBI, BB, K, SB.

Put him on the short list of prospects that with nearly any other team would be in the big leagues. He's blocked for now, but continuing to put the pressure on with a .405/.435/.762 line in his first 12 International League games. The Phillies could be a better team next year with Brown in right and the team properly spending the money saved by not bringing back Jason Werth.
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    God. My Phillies wishlist OF is Brown, VIC, Werth. I know it will never happen, but that makes me hungry
    I don't remember seeing this here, maybe I just missed it:

http://phuturephillies.com/2010/06/2...-30-prospects/

vCash
    You're a post too early!!!!

I'll fix this.

nvm, you beat me to it.

edit # dos:

I noticed that on the main page it says 1000 but once you're in the thread, Moose is #1001

edit # trois:

What I lack in GT presence I make up for in prospect thread dominance.
    Last edited by The A Team; 07-06-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Browns stat line above is sick. obviously a very small sample size, but nasty none the less.

I wish clearwater had more of our top specs for me to go see (obviously most of them are sitting in AA ball). I just can't convince myself to go see Aumont pitch. I'm still lying to myself that he could turn into a decent spec but if i go see it in person i'm sure i'll get a bad taste in my mouth.

These kids have a bright future.

Check out my series on the short term and long term state of the Eagles roster, and let me know what you think.

Running Back
    Quarterback
    Tight End
    Wide Receivers
    Offensive Tackle
    Interior Offensive Line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hurdler388 View Post
    I wish clearwater had more of our top specs for me to go see (obviously most of them are sitting in AA ball). I just can't convince myself to go see Aumont pitch. I'm still lying to myself that he could turn into a decent spec but if i go see it in person i'm sure i'll get a bad taste in my mouth.
    After attending 5 games of Michael Taylor in Sacramento, I left with a good taste in my mouth. I love going to AA-AAA games, cheap and fun atmopshere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    After attending 5 games of Michael Taylor in Sacramento, I left with a good taste in my mouth. I love going to AA-AAA games, cheap and fun atmopshere.
    yeah, they are fun. clearwater runs specials where you get 2 seats wherever you want, 2 dogs, and 2 sodas for $15. pretty solid, and the wife likes going as well.

Check out my series on the short term and long term state of the Eagles roster, and let me know what you think.

Running Back
    Quarterback
    Tight End
    Wide Receivers
    Offensive Tackle
    Interior Offensive Line

vCash
    You should take in a Trevor May start and get back to us...
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    You should take in a Trevor May start and get back to us...
    I've been to 2 of them. Is he still in A clearwater? I thought i heard he got moved. Both of the starts i went to his defense let him down and he ended up getting knocked around a bit. The guy is intimidating on the mound though. He's big and his release point looks like he's on top of the batters. He misses a ton of bats but walked a bunch of guys both games. If he can bring his BB/9 down he should find success with the rate he strikes guys out. I wasn't impressed with the outcome but i was definitely impressed by his stuff.

Running Back
    Quarterback
    Tight End
    Wide Receivers
    Offensive Tackle
    Interior Offensive Line

vCash
    Brown sucks dick. Dump him while we can

vCash
    May was sent down to Lakewood for now. He's still 20 years old, so not surprising to see him struggle at A+. He will probably ride out the rest of 2010 with Lakewood, rejoin Clearwater in 2011 with hopes of advancing to Reading by seasons' end.

vCash
    Interesting choice with the way his stuff overpowered the hitters at A+. I guess the organization is hoping he'll learn to overpower weaker hitters at A- without need of the walks...

vCash
    Know what i hate right now? I have a friend thats a rangers fan and doesnt know **** about farm systems except his own and talks **** on ours since "all we have" is brown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Know what i hate right now? I have a friend thats a rangers fan and doesnt know **** about farm systems except his own and talks **** on ours since "all we have" is brown
    Just ask him when the last time his farm system took him to the world series. that being said, their system is rock solid.

Running Back
    Quarterback
    Tight End
    Wide Receivers
    Offensive Tackle
    Interior Offensive Line

vCash
    Amaro was on Missanelli and said Brown could help them down the line, but if he does it won't be in LF because he's never played there. He sounded content with Ibanez at the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Amaro was on Missanelli and said Brown could help them down the line, but if he does it won't be in LF because he's never played there. He sounded content with Ibanez at the moment.
    That sounds like there is no chance we keep Werth... Brown hasn't played center since 2008 and his arm is one of his best tools, so he is best suited for a corner spot. If we are ruling left out, then it sounds like no Werth. That is, unless we dump Raul after this year and move Werth to left. Or trade Vic and move Werth to center. It just seems more and more likely that Werth will be gone :cry:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    That sounds like there is no chance we keep Werth... Brown hasn't played center since 2008 and his arm is one of his best tools, so he is best suited for a corner spot. If we are ruling left out, then it sounds like no Werth. That is, unless we dump Raul after this year and move Werth to left. Or trade Vic and move Werth to center. It just seems more and more likely that Werth will be gone :cry:
    He did say that they could keep Werth...Missanelli pressed him and asked how with the budget(they'd be over obviously). He said they would move salary of players currently on the team. He said a couple of times "it's definitely possible". He sounded content with Ibanez but did say things could change. I took it to mean they could move either Ibanez or Werth. Say that because he said they could become sellers by the deadline.

Pitching sounds like priority one.

Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast