Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BC_13 View Post
    The same could be said for Price if we traded him, plus he has proven he can lead the team in nets for a full season. We couldn't keep em both, and we haven't lost anything. Roy won the cup his rookie season, not being pulled. Halak was great, but we've seen Theodore do that before. If Halak had won us the cup, I might say OK, compare him to Roy in the early years. But, sorry East Finals doesn't make you a legend in Habs land.
    Made Halak a legend and some hope since we never made the East finals since 93'. I don't care, I've watched enough ******** over the last 15 years, be realistic, we aint going for the cup for awhile. Leafs are stronger, Sens owned us last year and now have Gonchar. Misery awaits fellow Hab fans. Not to mention Bostons looking good, Habs will finish 4th in our division.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan87 View Post
    Made Halak a legend and some hope since we never made the East finals since 93'. I don't care, I've watched enough ******** over the last 15 years, be realistic, we aint going for the cup for awhile. Leafs are stronger, Sens owned us last year and now have Gonchar. Misery awaits fellow Hab fans. Not to mention Bostons looking good, Habs will finish 4th in our division.
    You should go cheer for one of those teams. You sound more like a leafs or bruins fan. You need some perspective, bud.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan87 View Post
    Made Halak a legend and some hope since we never made the East finals since 93'. I don't care, I've watched enough ******** over the last 15 years, be realistic, we aint going for the cup for awhile. Leafs are stronger, Sens owned us last year and now have Gonchar. Misery awaits fellow Hab fans. Not to mention Bostons looking good, Habs will finish 4th in our division.
    LOL Halak is a very good goalie, but he only has talent. He cannot play 50+ games a year and then the playoffs because he gets tired, he has no endurance. Also he chokes in the big games (ex Olympics bronze medal game, and Philly destroyed them)

    I think the trade helped the Habs, they aren't the smurfs anymore (well your first two lines are, but 3 and 4 are big)
    Last edited by 2bleedB&G; 07-08-2010 at 01:52 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,446
    vCash
    1000
    Well it's not like the team has that much salary.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BC_13 View Post
    You should go cheer for one of those teams. You sound more like a leafs or bruins fan. You need some perspective, bud.
    Dude, are you blind? Every team got better then us. Did I say **** the Habs and I'm completely done with them? No I didn't, I'm just bitter because we get rid of hard working guys like Moore and Halak, then keep the lazy *** Pooliout and Darche. Ok then, MTL's so ****ing great, were going to the cup and were gonna win. Is that better for you that I said that? Let reality sink in, were in a sinking ship and Gauthier is a terrible G.M. basically making Gainey's for him. I wonder what now, Martin will get fired.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,790
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan87 View Post
    Dude, are you blind? Every team got better then us. Did I say **** the Habs and I'm completely done with them? No I didn't, I'm just bitter because we get rid of hard working guys like Moore and Halak, then keep the lazy *** Pooliout and Darche. Ok then, MTL's so ****ing great, were going to the cup and were gonna win. Is that better for you that I said that? Let reality sink in, were in a sinking ship and Gauthier is a terrible G.M. basically making Gainey's for him. I wonder what now, Martin will get fired.
    If Guy Boucher was still with Hamilton then probably, but they missed the boat on that one.

    They have a very limited budget (thanks to Gainey's spending spree last year), but they aren't that bad, really they where never that good... but they didn't get worse. Subban is gonna be this years Doughty, Boyd is a big boy and thank god they trade Sergei, plus Eller can very well surprise some people, I don't think they will contend but I think the team will be better....the goal tending is another story

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan87 View Post
    Dude, are you blind? Every team got better then us. Did I say **** the Habs and I'm completely done with them? No I didn't, I'm just bitter because we get rid of hard working guys like Moore and Halak, then keep the lazy *** Pooliout and Darche. Ok then, MTL's so ****ing great, were going to the cup and were gonna win. Is that better for you that I said that? Let reality sink in, were in a sinking ship and Gauthier is a terrible G.M. basically making Gainey's for him. I wonder what now, Martin will get fired.
    Did I say we would win the cup? No. Get over Moore already, geez, I'm sure he's just a goal or two from #99 but he's been adequately replaced. We underperformed last year until the playoffs and injuries were a key factor. Any team that loses an Andrei Markov, Mike Cammalleri and Brian Gionta to injury for a significant time will suffer. This team is the most talented in Canada and didn't have to improve as much as the other teams. If they stay healthy this team will contend. Win the cup? You can never call that at this stage for anyone, but I guarantee you Moore and Halak would not have been the difference in that.

    Also, I didn't say you said "**** the Habs," but you're acting like the fans of those other teams, so I suggested you go join them.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BC_13 View Post
    Did I say we would win the cup? No. Get over Moore already, geez, I'm sure he's just a goal or two from #99 but he's been adequately replaced. We underperformed last year until the playoffs and injuries were a key factor. Any team that loses an Andrei Markov, Mike Cammalleri and Brian Gionta to injury for a significant time will suffer. This team is the most talented in Canada and didn't have to improve as much as the other teams. If they stay healthy this team will contend. Win the cup? You can never call that at this stage for anyone, but I guarantee you Moore and Halak would not have been the difference in that.

    Also, I didn't say you said "**** the Habs," but you're acting like the fans of those other teams, so I suggested you go join them.
    I like how you say if they stay healthy. Markov's injury proned, and its only a matter of time Gionta or one of the smurfs gets hurt because we have no one to throw around the oppositions team. What Gill and Moen are gonna come to their defence like the entire Flyers series, LOL wake up and smell the coffee, this teams gonna be roughed around just like the Leafs did to us in game 82 before the playoffs. I'd love to be on the bandwagon, but sadly, I've lost touch with this team after the Halak trade. As for my love of Moore, piss off, I have a problem because I cheer for hard working players, instead of the duds we signed like Pouliot and Darche. Christ we could have used those to boneheads salary combined to sign Moore, so quit harassing me about what I think we should have done cause all these moves suck so far.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan87 View Post
    I like how you say if they stay healthy. Markov's injury proned, and its only a matter of time Gionta or one of the smurfs gets hurt because we have no one to throw around the oppositions team. What Gill and Moen are gonna come to their defence like the entire Flyers series, LOL wake up and smell the coffee, this teams gonna be roughed around just like the Leafs did to us in game 82 before the playoffs. I'd love to be on the bandwagon, but sadly, I've lost touch with this team after the Halak trade. As for my love of Moore, piss off, I have a problem because I cheer for hard working players, instead of the duds we signed like Pouliot and Darche. Christ we could have used those to boneheads salary combined to sign Moore, so quit harassing me about what I think we should have done cause all these moves suck so far.
    Hahaha... hell hath no furry like a woman scorned, but I think HabsFan87 go give that saying a go. Boyd is replacing Moore and everyone in the NHL thinks the Habs did an excellent job in that respect. Can't pay Moore second line money for 4th line time, just doesn't make sense. If the Halak trade makes you "lose touch" with the team, then you were never that much "in touch" with it anyway... I am awake, I'm being realistic. I'm pretty sure you are the only person who believes that Dominic Moore is the key to a cup. Claude Lemieux he is not. He is a hard worker, and a likable player, but he is not worth overpaying and I'm glad PG didn't. Time to see what the prospects have instead of always picking up other teams trash.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    854
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BC_13 View Post
    Hahaha... hell hath no furry like a woman scorned, but I think HabsFan87 go give that saying a go. Boyd is replacing Moore and everyone in the NHL thinks the Habs did an excellent job in that respect. Can't pay Moore second line money for 4th line time, just doesn't make sense. If the Halak trade makes you "lose touch" with the team, then you were never that much "in touch" with it anyway... I am awake, I'm being realistic. I'm pretty sure you are the only person who believes that Dominic Moore is the key to a cup. Claude Lemieux he is not. He is a hard worker, and a likable player, but he is not worth overpaying and I'm glad PG didn't. Time to see what the prospects have instead of always picking up other teams trash.
    The prospects? I'm still waiting for Pacioretty, Lapierre, Ryan White, Mathieu Carle, lol the list goes on to DEVELOP. Man we obviously don't see eye to eye and maybe take a look at my prior posts. I'm a Habs fan till death, but when I don't like what I see, I voice my oponion on here. Don't tell me what kind of fan I am. If you want to watch Hamrlik play like cement in his skates, and Andrei Kostitsyn get knocked off the puck or hit and then a ghost the rest of my game, be my guest. I'll be watching, but don't make up excuses to me when in December were sitting between 11th-13th place in the East.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan87 View Post
    The prospects? I'm still waiting for Pacioretty, Lapierre, Ryan White, Mathieu Carle, lol the list goes on to DEVELOP. Man we obviously don't see eye to eye and maybe take a look at my prior posts. I'm a Habs fan till death, but when I don't like what I see, I voice my oponion on here. Don't tell me what kind of fan I am. If you want to watch Hamrlik play like cement in his skates, and Andrei Kostitsyn get knocked off the puck or hit and then a ghost the rest of my game, be my guest. I'll be watching, but don't make up excuses to me when in December were sitting between 11th-13th place in the East.
    Halak was a prospect once. Weren't you even talking about development a while back? We have no idea how our prospects can play because they've never been given the consistent chance. There isn't a sports analyst who doesn't think Lars Eller can be a top 6 forward and he'll get that chance, and we have to give it to him, plus he's much cheaper than Moore. Time to let the kids play, that's how most sports teams do it. Who said anything about Hamrlik? He's overpaid and I hope they can trade him.

    I won't be making excuses, because we won't be finishing outside of the playoffs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •