http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|CGY|home

Iginla pleasantly surprised to hear of the recent signings
Friday, 02.07.2010 / 1:59 PM / News
By Kristi Hennessy

If you think Flames fans are the only ones surprised by the Olli Jokinen deal, think again? Even Flames captain Jarome Iginla had his eyebrows raised.

"I was surprised at first when I heard it," said Iginla of Jokinen's two-year deal with the Flames that was announced late Thursday.

"I was surprised because he was pretty upset when he left. It is a big complement to the city and to this organization that he wants to come back. It would have been easier for him to go somewhere else and not have to answer any questions but he believes in what we can do as a team and believes that we can win and have success. I think its a bold move for sure."

Iginla had just finished off a round of golf on his Canada Day birthday when he heard the news. He knew that the signing of Jokinen and Alex Tanguay, who agreed to a one-year contract Thursday, would shock the city of Calgary and there would definitely be some debates out there.

"I'm not surprised at the reaction out there," said Iginla. "We ended the season on a bad note and until we get back on the ice and improve and have success, people are going to debate it and be upset because the last memory we gave them on the season is not a positive one.
I'm sure Iginla is just supporting the team and Sutter's judgement, but he's gotta be thinking...WTF??