Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Jay Feaster Named Assistant GM

Calgary, AB - Calgary Flames Executive Vice President & General Manager Darryl Sutter announced today that Jay Feaster has been appointed Assistant General Manager.

Feaster joins the Flames organization to build on his decorated managerial career which includes a Stanley Cup Championship as General Manager of the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004 and a Calder Cup Championship as the President of the Hershey Bears (American Hockey League) in 1997.
    Jay Feaster, new assistant GM

“We have contemplated additional hockey management resources for sometime,” said Sutter. “We are pleased to have someone of Jay’s experience and track record become part of our executive group. He will make important contributions to our organization.”

Feaster joins Senior Vice President & Assistant General Manager Michael Holditch as central figures with the Flames hockey management group.

“I am very pleased to join such a first-class organization as the Flames, and I truly welcome the opportunity to work with Darryl and his entire hockey department staff,” said Feaster. “Having managed in the NHL, there were not many situations that would have been attractive in an AGM role; however, the minute Darryl phoned me I was ready to sign-on. My family and I look forward to making Calgary our new home."

The 47 year old native of Williamstown, PA was originally named General Manager of the Lightning on February 10, 2002. In addition to a Stanley Cup championship, the Lightning won back to back Southeast Division titles in 2002-03 and 2003-04.
    http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|CGY|home

Feaster became GM of TBay right when LeCavalier, St. Louis and Richards teamed up and became, arguably, one of the most dangerous lines in the show. Then he completely destroyed the team. Terrible contracts (though maybe market value at the time), terrible drafts until Stamkos/Hedman... Doesn't TBay have one of the worst farms in the league, too?... terrible trades. I believe he let the Bulin Wall go and gave the reins to John Grahame. Should make a great assistant to Sutter....
    Last edited by statquo; 07-10-2010 at 06:20 AM.

vCash
    The headline should be, "Darryl Sutter's replacement by this time next year!"

vCash

Feaster not afraid of Calgary or management

I guarantee he will replace Sutter this season or else next...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=328014