Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    799
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I disagree


    See how stupid this is?
    No it isn't, unless you haven't seen both movies then you would be an idiot for trying to argue one is better than the other.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    799
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    First of all Alien is one of my top 5 favorite horror films of all time, so yes I suppose that means I do not think for myself.


    Second let me teach you a few things about "debate". First when you are going against the "popular opinion" you are responsible for the "burden of proof". That means that you are the one responsible for making the points and backing them up with both legitimate and persuasive facts and information. For example, I cannot go into the NBA forum and say "THE WIZARDS ARE GOING TO BE BETTER THAN THE LAKERS NEXT YEAR" and then when everyone asks me why I would think such an absurd thing, say "well why are the Lakers better??". Everyone but you agrees on a point... they are not the ones with something to prove. You are! or in this case I am.

    You also need to learn that you have zero credibility in this argument so your opinion holds absolutely no value whatsoever. Therefore you cannot just shrug off everyone else's universally accepted opinion as inferior just because you do not agree. This may come as a surprise to you but PEOPLE DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK OR FEEL, at least not in this area. You hold no expertise and up to this point have yet to provide one single example to back up any of your claims. Hell, people here have given plenty of examples just to pander to your directionless argument and all you can do is say "nuh uh".

    If you're going to make a point then do it. But don't expect everyone in here to role over for your fallacious arguments just because you make them. But then again I'm starting to get the idea that you honestly had no intentions other than to bait because you sure as hell did not come in here with any sort of valid points intended to persuade a large audience.
    I think it's funny that you typed all of that and it had nothing to do with saying why alien is better than pandorum. Was it the acting? visuals? Just because you type alot doesn't mean you're actually saying anything. Keep your long winded nonsensical posts to a minimum. I obviously struck a nerve because you STILL can't give reasons why alien is better other than more people saw it and liked it. lol

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    25,871
    vCash
    2500
    I saw Pandorum. Hated it.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,200
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    No it isn't, unless you haven't seen both movies then you would be an idiot for trying to argue one is better than the other.
    I know people who have seen it, they say it sucks, I believe them.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    15,075
    vCash
    2500
    Haha wow... ok I liked Pandorum, but really? Better than Alien? I think not!
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!


    49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 49-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 8-4 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    53,281
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    I think it's funny that you typed all of that and it had nothing to do with saying why alien is better than pandorum. Was it the acting? visuals? Just because you type alot doesn't mean you're actually saying anything. Keep your long winded nonsensical posts to a minimum. I obviously struck a nerve because you STILL can't give reasons why alien is better other than more people saw it and liked it. lol
    Would it even matter if people (and plenty of them already have) listed reasons in this thread why it's a superior film?

    You seem to be unwilling to accept anybody's reasoning as to why Alien is a better movie with simple answers like "it's better, just because it is...don't buy into nostalgia."

    I haven't seen Pandorum (don't even care to, looks stupid IMO and I've heard it sucked anyway), but instead of asking everyone else to tell you why Alien is better, why don't you tell us all why it isn't? What is it about Alien that makes it inferior to Pandorum?

    Now I don't really expect a serious answer since this entire thread seems like you're just trying to bait everyone into a senseless fight, but whatever.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    23,748
    vCash
    1500
    I thought the story, acting, visuals, and pacing was better in Alien than Pandorum and I didn't really like either film. Alien was a film that anybody who is interest in making movies should watch and take notes, because even though it wasn't my particular type of movie it was made well in just about everything that people look for in movies. I'm just not a big horror movie fan, but I can see the things that make Alien a great movie. Pandorum doesn't do this.

    #TANK

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    21,855
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    I think it's funny that you typed all of that and it had nothing to do with saying why alien is better than pandorum. Was it the acting? visuals? Just because you type alot doesn't mean you're actually saying anything. Keep your long winded nonsensical posts to a minimum. I obviously struck a nerve because you STILL can't give reasons why alien is better other than more people saw it and liked it. lol
    which shows you were too clueless to understand my post. My whole post was saying that I don't have to tell you anything since you're the one with something to prove.

    Everyone already agrees with me, why should I give reasons? I can live with everybody but you agreeing with me considering you have shown no ability to think critically whatsoever. You on the other hand are the one throwing a little internet temper tantrum because people are calling you out on your lack of understanding of film.

    Edit: I watched Pandorum last night and found it to be a decent movie. However it was not on the same level as Alien. First off, Alien was extremely original and groundbreaking for its time while Pandorum easily borrowed so many ideas from movies like Event Horizon, Alien, and The Descent. Second the story in Alien was much more captivating and suspenseful. I will concede that Pandorum started off extremely well with plenty of suspense and mystery but I found that I became less and less interested in the plot as the movie went on. Whereas in Alien I became more and more interested in the plot as the movie progressed. This can most easily be attributed to the fact that the director/writer of Pandorum introduced the antagonistic creatures way too early in the film rather than letting the audience fill in the blanks with their imaginations before giving the payoff. One universal rule of horror is "the less the audience knows, the scarier and more suspenseful it is". Once the director introduced "the creatures", which might I add were a direct knock off of the Descent, the audience became more and more familiar to them with every scene and knew what was coming. Which leads me to my next point, Pandorum was WAY too uneven. Like to the point that I would be willing to rate the first half of the movie 7.8/10 but the second half of the movie 6.2/10. The plot became extremely silly and cartoony a good portion of the way through which made me lose interest. For example, the whole corporal gallo part was silly as was the origin of the monsters. The plot as a whole became extremely muddled halfway through. The acting was not on par with Alien as Ripley was an extremely memorable, well acted character that served as a strong foundation in the first film. The protagonist and antagonist in Alien were on par in memorability and both characters did their part in upping the tension until the final battle at the end. Pandorum was led by a well acted Ben Foster who served to be slightly less interesting of a character than Ripley and the antagonist were a group of "descent" creatures in space. The descent creatures (I'm going to keep calling them this because they are a near direct knock off) did little to elevate the tension much considering they relied on their gory nature to intimidate rather than well thought out suspenseful scenes. And everyone knows that a horror movie lacks all purpose once the antagonist is butchered.


    So there you go now quit running around like an internet troll and just accept the fact that you're wrong.
    Last edited by Raidaz4Life; 07-04-2010 at 09:16 AM.

    The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    799
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I know people who have seen it, they say it sucks, I believe them.
    Dumb reason, form your own opinions dude.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    799
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    which shows you were too clueless to understand my post. My whole post was saying that I don't have to tell you anything since you're the one with something to prove.

    Everyone already agrees with me, why should I give reasons? I can live with everybody but you agreeing with me considering you have shown no ability to think critically whatsoever. You on the other hand are the one throwing a little internet temper tantrum because people are calling you out on your lack of understanding of film.
    Lmao @ understanding of film. Gtfoh with your high moral ground bs. 90% of people who agree with you haven't seen pandorum,temper tantrum? Im sorry im not the one typing essays because someone has a different opinion than i.
    Nadia was a tougher female character than ripley in the original alien, ripley didn't do much of anything but scream and be a typical woman in a horror film, but nadia was actually a badass.
    The reveal scene in pandorum is one of the best scenes in sci-fi in a while.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    21,855
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    Lmao @ understanding of film. Gtfoh with your high moral ground bs. 90% of people who agree with you haven't seen pandorum,temper tantrum? Im sorry im not the one typing essays because someone has a different opinion than i.
    Nadia was a tougher female character than ripley in the original alien, ripley didn't do much of anything but scream and be a typical woman in a horror film, but nadia was actually a badass.
    The reveal scene in pandorum is one of the best scenes in sci-fi in a while.

    And you never gave an opinion, you came in here and downplayed everyone else's. Then as I said through a temper tantrum with your straw man arguments when nobody agreed that your opinion was superior to the consensus.

    The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    799
    vCash
    1500
    It's good that i made a mark on your life raidaz4life by having you at least check out pandorum( one of my personal favorites), i now accept your opinion because it is finally a valid one. Although i thoroughly disagree about ripley.
    Last edited by Chinatownbiznes; 07-04-2010 at 09:31 AM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    21,855
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    It's good that i made a mark on your life raidaz4life by having you at least check out pandorum( one of my personal favorites), i know accept your opinion because it is finally a valid one. Although i thoroughly disagree about ripley.
    I admit it was an enjoyable movie

    The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    799
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I admit it was an enjoyable movie
    The acting in alien is kind of stiff, wooden, forced, and outdated. Do you agree or disagree?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    21,855
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    The acting in alien is kind of stiff, wooden, forced, and outdated. Do you agree or disagree?
    I agree and disagree, I definitely see how you would think it was stiff/wooden but I personally feel that made it more real. These were people that had been in space for quite a bit of their lives. I know if I had been crammed on a space ship that long I'd be a pretty wound up and tight character as well.

    The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •