Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 74
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    That's pretty clear, i don't get how you guys can't understand that. Nobody has said why alien is even a good film at all.
    Now that's weird, because you even quoted where I said exactly that.

    Not to mention the fact that it's at the top of the same page you posted this on.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    Look. If you want to say Pandorum is a good movie, that's fine. People may disagree, but no one's going to think you're crazy for liking it.

    Outside of the fact that they're movies about a violent alien life form that attacks someone in space, there's no reason to compare the movies. It'd be like comparing this to Signs because they both have an alien in them (when, in fact, it's probably more apt to compare Signs and Aliens, as they're far more alike).

    Of course, not randomly dragging Alien into this means you don't get to take this ridiculous anti-populist stance and be a weird, mostly pointless internet rebel.

    If you don't like Alien, that's fine. It's not for everyone, but questioning why it's a good movie, especially while providing literally zero reason why it's not, has nothing to do with Pandorum.

    If you like Pandorum, that's fine. It's also not for everyone, but trying to tear down another film, and one clearly considered a classic by much of the movie-going audience and film critics alike, in order to try to make a film that didn't get a lot of favorable reviews seem better than it may actually be is also pointless, and just exposes a weak argument for what it is.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Now that's weird, because you even quoted where I said exactly that.

    Not to mention the fact that it's at the top of the same page you posted this on.
    You still haven't given any reasons why alien is better than pandorum

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    You still haven't given any reasons why alien is better than pandorum
    Acting, mood, story,mystery, suspense are all superior in Alien.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    Do you even understand what you just did? You completely changed the question when you were shown that the answer had already been provided. You see the difference between this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    Nobody has said why alien is even a good film at all.
    And this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    You still haven't given any reasons why alien is better than pandorum
    Right?
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Acting, mood, story,mystery, suspense are all superior in Alien.
    False to infinity and beyond

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    False to infinity and beyond
    You're right and everyone else in the world is wrong. People who study film for a living, people who have watched 1000x more movies then you'll watch in your lifetime, and people with well constructed worthwhile opinions are all wrong just because you say so.


    Have I got this right?

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,919
    vCash
    1500
    The german chick was HOT!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    You're right and everyone else in the world is wrong. People who study film for a living, people who have watched 1000x more movies then you'll watch in your lifetime, and people with well constructed worthwhile opinions are all wrong just because you say so.


    Have I got this right?
    So you only go along with popular opinion? You don't think for yourself BOY?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    BOY? Is that some weird acronym, or do you have to resort to calling people children to try to gain the upper hand in any kind of debate?


    Anyway, this is a ridiculous straw man. The point is not whether or not he, or you, or anyone else goes along with popular opinion or thinks for themselves. The point is, as has been stated over and over, among critics and the huge amount of the move-going public, Alien is both a great and classic film. The fact that you have clearly decided to ignore this entirely, instead assuming anyone that brings up this fact "doesn't think for themselves," shows that you really have no interest in actually being shown why it is a great film, and instead are obsessed only with proving the opposite, which you've woefully failed to do.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    So you only go along with popular opinion? You don't think for yourself BOY?
    First of all Alien is one of my top 5 favorite horror films of all time, so yes I suppose that means I do not think for myself.


    Second let me teach you a few things about "debate". First when you are going against the "popular opinion" you are responsible for the "burden of proof". That means that you are the one responsible for making the points and backing them up with both legitimate and persuasive facts and information. For example, I cannot go into the NBA forum and say "THE WIZARDS ARE GOING TO BE BETTER THAN THE LAKERS NEXT YEAR" and then when everyone asks me why I would think such an absurd thing, say "well why are the Lakers better??". Everyone but you agrees on a point... they are not the ones with something to prove. You are! or in this case I am.

    You also need to learn that you have zero credibility in this argument so your opinion holds absolutely no value whatsoever. Therefore you cannot just shrug off everyone else's universally accepted opinion as inferior just because you do not agree. This may come as a surprise to you but PEOPLE DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK OR FEEL, at least not in this area. You hold no expertise and up to this point have yet to provide one single example to back up any of your claims. Hell, people here have given plenty of examples just to pander to your directionless argument and all you can do is say "nuh uh".

    If you're going to make a point then do it. But don't expect everyone in here to role over for your fallacious arguments just because you make them. But then again I'm starting to get the idea that you honestly had no intentions other than to bait because you sure as hell did not come in here with any sort of valid points intended to persuade a large audience.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    5,592
    vCash
    1500
    I don't actually think it's too far off to think it is. Pandorum is a great film, but I think Alien did more for the filming community. I mean it still stands the test of time.
    "You don't choose to be a Liverpool fan. You get chosen."
    Kenny Dalglish

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Now
    Posts
    17,626
    vCash
    1500
    This is reminiscent of when Gatorbait continued to argue that The Strangers was the scariest movie of all time.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    22,396
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle916 View Post
    This is reminiscent of when Gatorbait continued to argue that The Strangers was the scariest movie of all time.
    oh yeah! hahahaha

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownbiznes View Post
    False to infinity and beyond
    I disagree


    See how stupid this is?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •