Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Source: Kovalchuk and Kings Closing In on Deal

"Stay tuned. I am also hearing about a possible trade that would follow a Kovalchuk signing involving an Eastern team and the Kings."
    -Eklund (e4)

vCash
    Rumor is that EC team is the Flyers. If the Kings sign Kovalchuk, I expect this type of deal:

To Kings:
    Simon Gagne
    Scott Hartnell

To Flyers:
    Dustin Brown
    Johnathan Quick/Jonathan Bernier

vCash
    I heard to Kings:
    Gagne, Carter, prospects from Boston

To Bruins:
    Coburn

To Flyers:
    Kopitar, Brown, Quick, Johnson

vCash
    these are two very very stupid trade ideas.. furthermore, the second trade idea is probably the stupidest trade idea in the history of the nhl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msninja View Post
    Rumor is that EC team is the Flyers. If the Kings sign Kovalchuk, I expect this type of deal:

To Kings:
    Simon Gagne
    Scott Hartnell

To Flyers:
    Dustin Brown
    Johnathan Quick/Jonathan Bernier

Well you're expectations are ********. Why would the Kings trade their Captain for garbage and a frequently injured player? Quick...I can see being dealt. But not with Brown, Kopitar, Johnson, or Simmonds.

vCash
    WOuld Flyers accept a trade liek this

To kings
    Carter
    Richards
    Giroux
    James Van riemsdyk

To Flyers
    Quick
    Simmonds

Cuz if not thats the types of deals you are proposing to the kings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky837 View Post
    I heard to Kings:
    Gagne, Carter, prospects from Boston

To Bruins:
    Coburn

To Flyers:
    Kopitar, Brown, Quick, Johnson
    This is a joke right?

vCash
    carcillo and gags for doughty and quick? Checkmate.

vCash
    Do Kings fans even want Kovalchuk anymore? This is getting a bit ridiculous.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    For those of you earlier w/ your trade ideas you are all wrong & ******** 4 that matter! u must all be Flyer fans w/ that BS!

The actual proposal is this..

Kings get:
    S.Gagne-LW (5.2m) & ????

Flyers get:
    J.Williams-RW (3.5m) & J.Quick-G (1.8m) or J.Bernier-G (843k)

The reason this trade is legit is bc it's the only one i have heard over & over again. It also makes sense bc the Kings want more Off from their wingers and dont really get it w/ J.Williams & A.Frolov (is a FA) who btw wants 4.0m plus. Both Frolov & Williams are good 2nd line guys but Gagne is a proven #1 line guy and 30-40 goal scorer. The Kings are also looking to dump a litlle salary in order to get Kovy & then later re-sign Doughty, Simmonds & JJ next yr. So if u add Willams & Quicks contracts it equals 5.3m to Gagne's 5.2m cap #. Kings are hoping to get Kovy for under 7.0m a yr. The Kings owner T.Liewiki already said its not the 100m that is the issue w/ Kovy, its the cap # they dont wanna blow up bc they really want to re-sign the 3. I think Quick makes sense in this deal bc of his high trade value right now and his 1.8m cap but i also heard Bernier could go too and then the Kings would get a good prospect back from Philly to make it up.

Sound rediculous, not so much bc the Kings would send J.Quick at his high value and groom Bernier as the goalie of the future. Then they would either sign Turco or keep Ersberg as their back up just incase.

Read this type! The Kings will not be trading D.Brown or A.Kopy or D.Doughty mo matter what! or mayb only is Pronger is involved...

Thoughts, conerns, input?

vCash
    btw, by the time i hit the submit button for my last blog i went 2 hockeybuzz.com and multi sources are reporting that the Kings to Kovy deal is pretty much done. now i know we have heard this b4 but mayb this time its true bc both sides did some creative things so all the parties involved are much happier. Everyone knows that Kovy & Kings is a match made in heavon and mayb by Fri will finally have an end to this and the FA market will finally domino...

W

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Great8299 View Post
    For those of you earlier w/ your trade ideas you are all wrong & ******** 4 that matter! u must all be Flyer fans w/ that BS!

The actual proposal is this..

Kings get:
    S.Gagne-LW (5.2m) & ????

Flyers get:
    J.Williams-RW (3.5m) & J.Quick-G (1.8m) or J.Bernier-G (843k)

The reason this trade is legit is bc it's the only one i have heard over & over again. It also makes sense bc the Kings want more Off from their wingers and dont really get it w/ J.Williams & A.Frolov (is a FA) who btw wants 4.0m plus. Both Frolov & Williams are good 2nd line guys but Gagne is a proven #1 line guy and 30-40 goal scorer. The Kings are also looking to dump a litlle salary in order to get Kovy & then later re-sign Doughty, Simmonds & JJ next yr. So if u add Willams & Quicks contracts it equals 5.3m to Gagne's 5.2m cap #. Kings are hoping to get Kovy for under 7.0m a yr. The Kings owner T.Liewiki already said its not the 100m that is the issue w/ Kovy, its the cap # they dont wanna blow up bc they really want to re-sign the 3. I think Quick makes sense in this deal bc of his high trade value right now and his 1.8m cap but i also heard Bernier could go too and then the Kings would get a good prospect back from Philly to make it up.

Sound rediculous, not so much bc the Kings would send J.Quick at his high value and groom Bernier as the goalie of the future. Then they would either sign Turco or keep Ersberg as their back up just incase.

Read this type! The Kings will not be trading D.Brown or A.Kopy or D.Doughty mo matter what! or mayb only is Pronger is involved...

Flyers are about $2 MM over the cap right now, that trade would basically leave the salary situation where it is. Trading Gagne is a salary cutting move and I don't expect them to bring on more salary unless a) a third team is involved to take Williams or b) they turn around and trade Carter or Hartnell for little to nothing, which I don't expect would happen.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    The Kings let him slip away!!! I am starting to hate the Kings owners!!!

vCash
    I think it's safe to say that by wasting all of your time on Kovalchuk and getting nothing back for treating him like a King and not getting Gagne as well (cause he was traded to the Lightning), you guys just completely threw your entire offseason away, wasted it, and got nothing but the return of Brad Richardson and four unknown prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Great8299 View Post

My thoughts are, why can't people state their opinion without being insulted by others?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast