Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

besides replacing Nabby, what other moves need to be made?

which players should the sharks go after to improve upon last year's team. Who should the team re-sign, trade, etc...
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    i think we need to ad another blue liner, a true number 2.

blake played well enough, but hes likely gone and it seemed to me that blake was taking a lot of dumb penalties all season. murray and vlasic are great, but they arent true number 2s (not yet at least).

sign pavelski to a 5+ year deal. hes going to be a big part of our team, especially considering over the next couple of years we could lose marleau and/or thorton.

resign either malhotra or nichol. its unlikely that we can resign both as they both signed on for under market value for a chance to compete for a cup. whichever one leaves can be replace by couture who is ready to move up for a full season.

solidify the 3rd and 4th lines. doug wilson made it pretty clear last year that he wanted to keep the top 2 lines more or less the same and juggle the bottom two lines. all year we had people coming up and down for those lines, staubitz, mcginn, ortmeyer, couture, ferrio, mclaren... it doesnt help for consistancy and familiarity. our 4th line seemed non existent at times this playoffs. i especially like staubitz and hope he comes back (i know he was injured at the end of last year) as he was the only shark besides clowe who was willing to step up get rough with other teams. and thats something we really lack after the shelley trade.

resign marleau. this can probably only happen if patty is willing to take a discount and we can resign other players for cheap. but he is in his prime right now and i think that hes finally shut up his critics with his play over the last two seasons.

heres my big risk crazy pretty much not going to happen move. trade setoguchi. i know, its crazy, but hes due a big raise and probably would be able to get a fair deal for someone else, preferably a good blue line. the maple leafs are shopping kaberle who has 1 year left on his deal (4.25m), why not trade seto's rights for kaberle and then try and sign kaberle to an extension. theres a good chance setos new salary will be somewhere between 3-4 million, so cap wise its puts us in the same situation. lines would then be...

heatley/thorton/marleau
    clowe/pavelski/michell
    ortmeyer/nichol or malhotra/mcginn
    staubitz/couture/ferrio (or other young guy)

murray/boyle
    kaberle/vlasic
    huskins/demers (or other young guy)

vCash
    interesting trade of kaberla for setoguchi, i think the leafs would most likely pull teh trigger on that deal, as it will give us a scoring threat to play alongside kessel.

the sharks need to solidify their bottom 6 forwards, pick up some veterans like modin and halperen and maybe bring back nolan ? , these guys are big and can really get guys like the sedins playing in there own end due to their size. they played very well against Vancouver this year, and could provide a great checking line and with their size a threat to score. Nolan is a questionmark for me but still provide grit scoring and leadership. these are some suggestions only if the price is right

vCash
    I want to make sure that Pavelski gets a long term deal

Sign D Paul Martin from NJ or Anton Volchenkov from OTT

Resign Manny Malhotra, Scott Nichol and (believe it or not) Patrick Marleau...don't let him get away for nothing!

Send Nabby packing and make a run at Ray Emery, Jaroslav Halak or Carey Price

vCash

Lock Up PAV

Sign Joe Pavelski to a 6 year deal lock him up hes only gunna get better and better. Its about time that The Put a letter on his Jersey.

This is coming from a bruins fan You guys should trade for tim thomas you guys would be able to get him for real cheap. He won in 2009 the best save percentage also fewest goals allowed, And named first all star team.
    Last edited by hockeyunhboy77; 06-10-2010 at 05:22 PM.

vCash
    i would pass on thomas, try price, sign him to a two year deal, san jose has the offensive fire power to keep them int eh game if he struggles, but a change of scenary would help price as canadians fans have demoralized the young kid. halak will be resigned unless Montreal is stupid

vCash
    id rather bring back nabby than make a play on thomas. we should go after someone younger; price, ellis or even try and outbid for niemi or halak

vCash
    so much for my Halak idea...he was traded to StL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    so much for my Halak idea...he was traded to StL
    halak was always a long shot, but the move takes price out of the running too. we should have an answer in a little over a week. ellis is still out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
    halak was always a long shot, but the move takes price out of the running too. we should have an answer in a little over a week. ellis is still out there.
    Maybe a move for Cory Schnieder?

vCash
    who knows. but nabakov is officially gone, so now the waiting game begins.

vCash
    I wouldnt be surprised to see a Boston-San Jose trade involving Tim Thomas to replace Nabokov.

Heres what i was thinking:

To Boston: Ryane Clowe

To San Jose: Tim Thomas, Blake Wheeler

P.S- i live in the worcester area and i saw Alex Stalock in net for the AHL Sharks. He looks like a promising young goalie for SJ. A few potentiallly behind Tim Thomas to learn, and he'll be the man in 2-3 years.

vCash
    Maybe if we get someone besides Wheeler along with Thomas. Wheeler sucked last year

vCash
    I have a feeling they might hand the job to Greiss until Stalock is ready. Im not sure I am okay with that but they seem decently confident in him. I hope we bring Marleau back, but the Kings might make a strong run at him as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZLev94 View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised to see a Boston-San Jose trade involving Tim Thomas to replace Nabokov.

Heres what i was thinking:

To Boston: Ryane Clowe

To San Jose: Tim Thomas, Blake Wheeler

P.S- i live in the worcester area and i saw Alex Stalock in net for the AHL Sharks. He looks like a promising young goalie for SJ. A few potentiallly behind Tim Thomas to learn, and he'll be the man in 2-3 years.
    i dont like this deal, does nothing for the sharks, gives them a bad contract and an aging goalie in thomas, wheeler did not impress last year and clowe is > then both, brings toughness leadership and goal scoring. Sharks would be better off resigning nabokov or look for a goalie in free agency such as dan elis or chris mason.

if the sharks look for a goalie through a trade, toronto has a surplus of goalies, and the sharks could prolly package seteguchi and maybe someone else for gigure and possibly kaberla if they want another dman. Gigure is a proven winner and imo is > thomas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast