Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Deadwood

vCash

Deadwood

So I just finished watching all 3 seasons of Deadwood, and I have a question for you.

WHY THE HELL WAS THIS CANCELED?????

There has never been a better show, or a more hated villain than Hearst. Damn you HBO!!!!

vCash
    I haven't watched it, but I've always heard about how good it was. IIRC it was canceled b/c of production costs, but I'm not sure. That's why any popular HBO show gets the boot...Rome and Carnivale were canceled for the same reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by damngoat View Post
    i haven't watched it, but i've always heard about how good it was. Iirc it was canceled b/c of production costs, but i'm not sure. That's why any popular hbo show gets the boot...rome and carnivale were canceled for the same reason.

this^^^^^^

vCash
    deadwood was awesome... just re-watched seasons 1-2 a few weeks ago
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmurphy28 View Post
    So I just finished watching all 3 seasons of Deadwood, and I have a question for you.

WHY THE HELL WAS THIS CANCELED?????

There has never been a better show, or a more hated villain than Hearst. Damn you HBO!!!!
    I discovered it about a year ago. I remember watching a few episodes here and there when it was on but never got into. I am glad I took the time to watch all the seasons.

The reason why it was cancelled was due to the cost of the show. It cost I believe 5-10 million a season to produce. It was quite expensive due to the large cast, crew and of course sets. They had intended to make two TV movies for HBO to wrap up the series lose ends but they never got around to it. Its quite sad, it is one of the best shows I have ever seen and because of the cost it was cut short...

vCash
    Hell yeah. I loved this show. And they NEED to make the HBO movie. That would be awesome. I thought it ended really weird. Did they think it was going to keep going?

^Click for Video^
    Props to Mane for the sig.

vCash
    yeah, I gather that they had no idea it was going to be canceled.

vCash
    Deadwood was an amazing show and it getting canceled still annoys me. Rumor had it they were going to make a movie to wrap it all up, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while.

vCash
    Deadwood is, unfortunately, finished.

All of the actors have moved on to other things, and at this point would likely be too expensive to sign for a wrap up movie.

And even if that weren't the case, the biggest issue is that they've completely dismantled the set.

It's a real shame....Deadwood is my favorite show of all time.