Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Not Happy at OLB

From what I have seen through research is that Fokou is going to be the starting strong side outside linebacker. I would most definately rather have Omar Gaither or Brandon Graham playing there, or maybe even Joe Mays. I hope this changes because we need a lineup set for day 1, we can't be making changes every week like last season.

vCash
    Mays is a pure hands-on MIKE, he wouldn't last at SAM. Omar Gaither and Akeem Jordan are both better players than Fokou, but I'm guessing McDermott's afraid they aren't physical enough to play the strong side. I'm hoping that changes for Akeem Jordan soon though, because he's become far too talented to waste his energy on the bench and in special teams.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

vCash
    As long as Fokou avoids those dumbass penalties that he committed last year I'm fine with him at SAM.

vCash
    Fokou is gonna start, they love. he is young and will only get better. i agree with 36 west about his lack of disciple but i guess thats cuz of his age. obviously the coaching staff sees something we cant and they have been in love with him since he was drafted. hard to see how he fell to the 7th round, kind of a steal i guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWesty View Post
    Mays is a pure hands-on MIKE, he wouldn't last at SAM. Omar Gaither and Akeem Jordan are both better players than Fokou, but I'm guessing McDermott's afraid they aren't physical enough to play the strong side. I'm hoping that changes for Akeem Jordan soon though, because he's become far too talented to waste his energy on the bench and in special teams.
    I think that the injury problems have scared McDermott away from attempting Akeem Jordan on the strong side, hopefully as you said this will change.

vCash
    Yeah he seems to be one of these guys that the coaching staff love even though it's not obvious why. Like that Kevin Kolb guy.

Hopefully he can solidify himself at that position and send a big Fok-ou to the doubters.
    “Football players, like prostitutes, are in the business of ruining their bodies for the pleasure of strangers”

vCash
    wouldnt mind if the kid that we drafted from clemson started. has a bunch of potential

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyeaglesfly607 View Post
    wouldnt mind if the kid that we drafted from clemson started. has a bunch of potential
    I agree. Although after the Gocong experiment failed I'm a little skeptical about DEs turned 4-3 OLBs but I really like Sapp and his potential. Jordan doesn't fit the position and the least Sapp could do is push Fokou and give us another pass rushing option.
    SPACE

vCash
    I'm fine with Fokou playing on the strong side as long as he isn't a liability. All you really need out of your SAM is physicality, consistency and productivity. Outside of that everything else is just a bonus. Most people can't even name 5 starting SAM linebackers in the NFL and its because it just isn't a position that stands out on a football field. There are very few "playmakers" playing 4-3 SAM. As long as the guys playing it this year doesn't get pushed around and beat up i'm good with youth and competition being the theme at the position. I'm not worried about a little bit of uncertainty at that particular position like I would be at MIKE or WILL which ask much more of the player.

vCash
    From what I have seen through research is that Fokou is going to be the starting strong side outside linebacker. I would most definitely rather have Omar Gaither or Brandon Graham playing there, or maybe even Joe Mays. I hope this changes because we need a lineup set for day 1, we can't be making changes every week like last season.
    Mays is horrible there is no way he makes this team, for the first time in a long time we have some real potential at the LB position, I'm under no illusion that Clayton, Chaney, Hall, and Sapp are ready right out of the gate to make major contributions to the LB Corp, but they should at least light a fire under Jordan and Fokou's rear ends and make this team better. Long term we have a group of very talented and versatile guys DE/OLB guys to mix and match and disguise coverage with. Depth and given a year under the new strength and conditioning program to get bigger and faster who knows!

I really like what Reid and the FO did this year they brought in a lot of guys who are talented but, need development! They made the coaching staff better Bobby April will make special teams better, Dick Jauron is gona make our DB's much better, and there seems to be a huge buzz about Barry Rubin and his Conditioning program. I really think Long term we are in good shape; let’s hope we keep the injuries to a minimum this year!

I also like that they brought in a lot of team captains this year. Lets hope this translates into players who are ultra motivated, used to being the best, love the game not just out for self, leadership, and a high level of completion. I hear a lot of guys this year saying “ I’m willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win”

I also think that the only true starters we have at this point are Bradley and Simms. Fokou maybe a starter today but that name is marked in pencil and best man gets the job!

This is going to be a really good training camp this year lots of interesting battles!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    I agree. Although after the Gocong experiment failed I'm a little skeptical about DEs turned 4-3 OLBs but I really like Sapp and his potential. Jordan doesn't fit the position and the least Sapp could do is push Fokou and give us another pass rushing option.
    i think we will see a lot of sapp from the get go. i would like to see him on heavy blitz packages.

vCash
    The only thing Sapp can do is (ineffectively) blitz. No way in hell is he ever playing the SAM position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    The only thing Sapp can do is (ineffectively) blitz. No way in hell is he ever playing the SAM position.
    I'll bet you cash money that you're dead wrong about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle@socal View Post
    i'll bet you cash money that you're dead wrong about that.
    +1

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtsballa21 View Post
    From what I have seen through research is that Fokou is going to be the starting strong side outside linebacker. I would most definately rather have Omar Gaither or Brandon Graham playing there, or maybe even Joe Mays. I hope this changes because we need a lineup set for day 1, we can't be making changes every week like last season.
    ...Fail
    PSD's c_reinert

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast