Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Ballard traded to the Canucks

"According to various reports, the Florida Panthers have traded defenseman Keith Ballard to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for the 25th pick of the first round and forward Steve Bernier. Ballard had 8 goals and 20 assists in 82 games last season for Florida, his second with the Panthers."

vCash
    Steve Bernier, Michael Grabner and Canucks' 1st-round pick

vCash
    i dont know about the guy they picked with 25, i think this was a money deal lots of money and years on ballard. so far so good though.

vCash
    gabner was a very nice piece super fast speedy winger that will be on the second line him and frolik will be very nice not sure whom will be our second line center though

and the kid they drafted is supposedly a very fast big guy that will grow into his body worst case he is a 3rd liner perhaps upside of the 2nd but a big beefy guy with speed from what I have read
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfan79 View Post
    gabner was a very nice piece super fast speedy winger that will be on the second line him and frolik will be very nice not sure whom will be our second line center though

and the kid they drafted is supposedly a very fast big guy that will grow into his body worst case he is a 3rd liner perhaps upside of the 2nd but a big beefy guy with speed from what I have read
    Nailed it bud! Gabner, a former first rounder, was knocked on for his defensive game when entering the league. He was known as a speedy sniper. He's been playing with somewhat of a chip on his shoulder because Vancouver scratched him (even though he was healthy). He worked really, really hard on his time off, and apparently it's been showing. Bernier is the power forward we could use here. I've been hearing tons of horrible stuff, like he's got hands of stone, BUT, we could certainly use this kind of player. He seems like the blue collar guy. Canucks fans have been telling me that he'll park his body in front of the net, and put D-men into the board around the corners. We could certainly use someone who will distract D-men and the goalie like this. All in all, we definitely won on this one.

The Illuminati of Basketball