Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: In Gerrard Butlers situation how many of you would have detonated the bomb?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would have; the ends justify the means.

12 48.00%
  • No I couldn't do it.

13 52.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Anyone know why he was naked when they arrrested him?
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbs View Post
    If you don't think the killing was justified when would you consider it justified?
    When he killed the killers and made them suffer for it, i thought that was simply beautiful, but to kill others who have little involvement or to kill the woman who was Jamie Fox's assistant or something, that was unjustified
    NEXT ERA

NEXT ERA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    To show that he was unarmed, and was giving himself up willingly so that he wouldnt risk being shot at or beaten by the police...that way he could carry out his plan.

That's kind of the way I saw it, at least...I don't know the answer for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    To show that he was unarmed, and was giving himself up willingly so that he wouldnt risk being shot at or beaten by the police...that way he could carry out his plan.

That's kind of the way I saw it, at least...I don't know the answer for sure.
    Works for me.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    He was a broken man, he didn't want to live anymore so he was trying to prove to the world his point. That the justice system is a bunch of **** and people shouldn't be taking plea bargains on awful criminals.

He didn't kill anyone, they could have defused every problem that he gave them. He was trying to prove his point and it allowed Jamie Foxx's character to become a better human being.

Red Sox

Celtics
    TOP 3 PICK
    Patriots

vCash
    So they wouldn't shoot him...kind of obvious. They are looking to kill the guy so if he has no clothes on he has no weapons, therefore they can't shoot an unarmed man.

Red Sox

Celtics
    TOP 3 PICK
    Patriots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Never saw it. I always thought the trailers made it look really stupid.
    It was.

Quote Originally Posted by ccspence8 View Post
    So they wouldn't shoot him...kind of obvious. They are looking to kill the guy so if he has no clothes on he has no weapons, therefore they can't shoot an unarmed man.
    Kind of obvious when you say the same thing someone said posts before you.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Great movie. I think many people identified with his frustration with the politics and bureaucracies in our society. That doesnt mean killing all the people was the right way to go.
    Agreed. I think his methods were neccasary to prove his point though. However I dont think they were justified if you know what I mean.

Why was he naked when they arrested him?
    Lol wondered that too.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Never saw it. I always thought the trailers made it look really stupid.
    Nope was really good. Makes you think kind of movie. (Gamer was god awful)

Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. Feel bad for Butler in that movie, but you can't go killing innocent people.
    yea I wish he had only killed those involved.

[

vCash
    Great movie. I would of done the same thing he did. The Law in that movie was just as corrupt as the criminals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    nothing he did was justifiable in that movie. he was in jail because he belonged there
    "In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment."-- the Punisher

vCash
    I really need to re-watch this... because I can't really picture what your talking about. I remember when I saw this movie though I thought it was such a badass movie.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Would you have liked the movie more if he only killed people that had a real significant role in what went down? Like instead of killing the blond lady he killed the Jamie Fox character?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by val_modus View Post
    When he killed the killers and made them suffer for it, i thought that was simply beautiful, but to kill others who have little involvement or to kill the woman who was Jamie Fox's assistant or something, that was unjustified
    This. Killing the 2 guys that killed his family is definitely justifiable, but the rest were not.

vCash
    This movie is absolutely awesome with two exceptions

1. The ending
    2. Jamie Fox
    Philly Sports
    FC Barcelona
    College Sports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Would you have liked the movie more if he only killed people that had a real significant role in what went down? Like instead of killing the blond lady he killed the Jamie Fox character?
    Yes and no. Jamie Fox staying alive was crucial. He was Gerrard Butlers legacy. And with him becoming the new DA Jamie Fox had real power to help spread his message you know. He needed to stay alive.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast