Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Marleau, Pavelski re-sign with Sharks

Patrick Marleau has re-signed with the San Jose Sharks. The deal is for a reported four years. The Sharks were busy on Thursday, also locking up stud center Joe Pavelski (also for four years). Marleau led the Sharks with 44 goals in the 2009/10 season, capping his remarkable season with a strong playoff showing. The Sharks off-season just got a little brighter with these two huge signings. This truly bucks the trend of teams giving star players massive, long-term deals. Stay tuned for contract details
    rotoworld

vCash

Time to assess what direction we're going with goalies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf
    I want to make sure that Pavelski gets a long term deal

Sign D Paul Martin from NJ or Anton Volchenkov from OTT

Resign Manny Malhotra, Scott Nichol and (believe it or not) Patrick Marleau...don't let him get away for nothing!

Send Nabby packing and make a run at Ray Emery, Jaroslav Halak or Carey Price
    well it looks like two of my wishes have come true...now go out and sign Paul Martin and get a goalie!

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    We dont have the money for Paul Martin.

Marleau 4 years at 6.9 mil =

The guy is terribly inconsistent and his best 2 years came on contract years We have absolutely no wiggle room left now. We still need to resign Setoguchi, Malhotra, and Nichol. Not to mention the fact that we lost a top 4 defenseman. I have a feeling that we are going to have to move Clowe to free up a little space. I would hate to lose Clowe because he is a vital part of our team, but I am hearing that he needs to go in order for us to get a defenseman and resign Seto.