Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

What Would Bob Gainey Have Done Differently?

I know that this is a hypothetical question, but I was wondering what Bob Gainey would have done with the goaltending situation? I believe that some of Gainey's solid developmental moves will become forgotten. A quote from an article today on www.sportsnet.ca: "WHAT!?!? Halak for two hockey sticks and a bag of magic beans... I miss Bob," Liberal MP Justin Trudeau wrote, referring to former Habs GM Bob Gainey.

vCash
    Who cares, it's Gauthier's team, probably would have traded him for a 3rd round pick like Huet.

vCash
    Huet Was For A 2nd

vCash
    Sorry my bad, and yet we get a former 1st round pick with some great attributes and some Schultz guy who I'm hoping will be an impact player like Pyatt was.

vCash
    Gainey would have traded him for a 7th rounder probably.

vCash
    Bob Gooney had a man-crush on his wonder boy Carey Price so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he talked Goatier into trading Halak to St. Louis. Goatier could have waited until Draft Day and perhaps have gotten a lot more for Halak if his intention was to trade him. Bad move all the way around.

I've been a Habs fan since 1955-56 but in the last few years I've really been disgusted with Habs Mismanagement. Letting Captain Koivu go then picking up a big waste like Gomez was foolish. Plus the huge contract Gooney picked up was even more stupid than acquiring him.

After the season, I told myself, if they trade Halak, then my days as a Habs fan are over. I am now a fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning. I live in Florida, have always liked Lecavalier and St. Louis and now that Stamkos is up among the leaders in goals, I feel they are a team to watch. Steve Yzerman is their new GM and former Hamilton AHL coach (Montreal) Guy Boucher was hired to bring this team back to respectalility. They drafted Brett Connolly, ranked #3overall by Central Scouting and now all they need is a defense.

I predict they will do a lot better than Montreal does this coming season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Mack View Post
    Bob Gooney had a man-crush on his wonder boy Carey Price so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he talked Goatier into trading Halak to St. Louis. Goatier could have waited until Draft Day and perhaps have gotten a lot more for Halak if his intention was to trade him. Bad move all the way around.

I've been a Habs fan since 1955-56 but in the last few years I've really been disgusted with Habs Mismanagement. Letting Captain Koivu go then picking up a big waste like Gomez was foolish. Plus the huge contract Gooney picked up was even more stupid than acquiring him.

After the season, I told myself, if they trade Halak, then my days as a Habs fan are over. I am now a fan of the Tampa Bay Lightning. I live in Florida, have always liked Lecavalier and St. Louis and now that Stamkos is up among the leaders in goals, I feel they are a team to watch. Steve Yzerman is their new GM and former Hamilton AHL coach (Montreal) Guy Boucher was hired to bring this team back to respectalility. They drafted Brett Connolly, ranked #3overall by Central Scouting and now all they need is a defense.

I predict they will do a lot better than Montreal does this coming season.
    join the bandwagon again someday, thank you, come again