Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    1500

    You be Tambellini

    Make all the moves for the off-season.

    Trades:

    Riley Nash and Andrew Cogliano to Boston for 15th overall pick

    Patrick O'Sullivan, Robert Nilsson* and 91st overall pick to Ottawa for Jason Spezza

    Ethan Moreau to Detroit for 4th round pick

    Sheldon Souray and 73rd overall pick to L.A. Kings for Justin Williams and Davis Drewiske

    Shawn Horcoff to New York Islanders for Sean Bergenheim

    Jeff-Drouin Deslauriers and Marc Pouliot to Atlanta for 3rd round pick

    *If somebody other than Nilsson needs to be traded for it to work, buy him out because in a freak cap situation it would save the Oilers 87,300 in cap next year.

    Draft:

    1st overall - Taylor Hall (LW)
    15th overall - Jack Campbell (G)
    31st overall - Alex Petrovic (D)
    48th overall - Stephen Johns (D)
    61st overall - Jakub Culek (C)

    Signings

    Draft
    Taylor Hall $2.75 million
    Jack Campbell $1.5 million
    Alex Petrovic $1 million
    Stephen Johns $825,000
    Jakub Culek $675,000

    UFA
    Anton Volchenkov $4.5 million (3 years)
    Dennis Seidenberg $3 million (3 years)
    Barry Tallackson $600,000 (1 year)

    Resign
    All RFAs

    Projected Lines

    (First two lines interchangeable)
    Dustin Penner - Jason Spezza - Ales Hemsky
    Taylor Hall - Sam Gagner - Jordan Eberle
    Sean Bergenheim - Gilbert Brule - Justin Williams
    Ryan Jones - Ryan Potulny - Zack Stortini

    J.F. Jacques - Ryan Stone - Colin Mcdonald
    Liam Reddox - Ryan O'Marra - Barry Tallackson

    Ryan Whitney - Anton Volchenkov
    Dennis Seidenberg - Tom Gilbert
    Ladislav Smid - Davis Drewiske

    Alex Plante - Theo Peckham
    Taylor Chorney - Johan Motin

    Nikolai Khabibulin
    Devan Dubnyk

    There may be a couple mathematical errors, but I have calculated the cap hit to be roughly $52.925 million not including Oklahoma call-ups, which leaves room to add more depth through free agency or more trades if the Oilers felt it necessary.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,074
    vCash
    1500
    I don't see Ottawa giving up their top center for that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    My thoughts ...

    They're not a playoff team but this will save serious $$ and move us forward for next year...

    L1 Jones, Moreau, Spezza (from OTT for Penner, Nilsson, Smid)
    L2 Hall, Stortini, Eberle
    L3 O'Sullivan, Brule, Booth (from FLA for Horcoff and Hemsky)
    L4 Gagner, Comrie, Pouliot
    XF Stone, Potulny, Stone, Jacques, Svensson, Omark
    Release: Pisani

    D1 Whitney, Smid
    D2 Kilikov (from FLA for Gilbert, Souray and Cogliano), Corvo (UFA - CAR)
    D3 Meyer (UFA from NYI), Foster (UFA from TB)
    XD Chroney, Peckham, Petry
    Release: Strudwick, Johnson

    G Khabibulin, Deslauriers, Dubnyk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    btw - Smid was a part of the potential trade for Spezza so we'd have to find another UFA D that was reasonably priced.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    285
    vCash
    1500
    Welcome new people!

    Quote Originally Posted by dallas717 View Post
    Dennis Seidenberg $3 million (3 years)
    Bruins signed Seidenberg to four-year, $13 million extension.

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=323667

    Booth (from FLA for Horcoff and Hemsky)
    Sources say David Booth is 1 of 3 untouchable players with Florida.
    (The others being Dmitry Kulikov and Jacob Markstrom)

    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=324845
    ---------------------------------------
    I think we should just let our kids play next year. Spezza won't want to play in Edmonton anyways.
    Maybe get Chiarelli on the phone and make a trade with Boston.
    Boston Bruins: 1st overall.
    Edmonton Oilers: 2nd overall, Blake Wheeler, Johnny Boychuk?
    Johnny Boychuk
    January 19, 1984 (age 26)
    Born: Edmonton, AB
    Height: 6 ft 2 in
    Weight: 225 lb
    Position: Defence
    Shoots: Right


    2010-2011 Edmonton Oilers
    Dustin Penner - Sam Gagner - Ales Hemsky
    Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson - Tyler Seguin - Jordan Eberle
    Linus Omark - Gilbert Brule - Blake Wheeler
    Andrew Cogliano - Shawn Horcoff - Zack Stortini

    Ryan Whitney - Tom Gilbert
    Ladislav Smid - (UFA/Trade/Boychuk?)
    Alex Plante - Theo Peckham

    Nikolai Khabibulin
    Devan Dubnyk






  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    1500
    I can definitely see them signing a few UFAs because they will most likely let Mike Comrie, Fernando Pisani, Aaron Johnson, and Jason Strudwick all walk. I am opposed to the Oilers trading the first overall pick unless it was the 2nd and 15th overall picks, Blake Wheeler and Johnny Boychuk. Even then I would be reluctant to give it up because I'm not so sure Seguin will be as big of a star as Hall. The Oilers need somebody that knows how to win, be the face of the team, and be a premier goal scorer. That's what Hall is and I just can't see Seguin providing that. Whatever happens I just hope it's not a regretful decision. Only time will tell I guess.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    1500
    As for Spezza..
    Been chasing this one all day..

    The Oilers have long been into the prospect of bringing Jason Spezza to Edmonton.

    I have talked to a few sources (although have to admit I have yet to connect with my best Oilers source) who are very excited and say there is great anticipation heading into the draft of how Spezza could be an Oiler in the next 7 to 10 days.

    I talked to an Ottawa source and was told that yes, Spezza would welcome becoming an Edmonton Oiler.

    The asking or price would be either Cogliano or Gagner, 2 prospects, (one who will be in the NHL for sure this season) and a third or fourth.
    I would make this deal as long as the NHL ready prospect is not Eberle or Paajarvi-Svensson (I would prefer to trade Cogliano instead of Gagner)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    Spezza for Cogliano, Smid and a late pick? I would do that...

    Moving Souray should be priority one before the draft though. Ottawa needs to send Spezza out of town because of his salary.

    I'd love to see a move where the Oilers trade down to #2 in the draft and get another solid, maybe veteran defenceman from Boston. Both players at 1 and 2 are solid! Can't miss guys!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Agawam, Mass
    Posts
    5,938
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pcanuck7 View Post
    Spezza for Cogliano, Smid and a late pick? I would do that...

    Moving Souray should be priority one before the draft though. Ottawa needs to send Spezza out of town because of his salary.

    I'd love to see a move where the Oilers trade down to #2 in the draft and get another solid, maybe veteran defenceman from Boston. Both players at 1 and 2 are solid! Can't miss guys!
    We'll give you the RFA rights to Mark Stuart, and #2 for #1 and your 2011 third rounder... That saves the Bruins some $$ they don't have to spend, and gives the Oil a solid, young defenseman who can stabilize their blue line. Plus, both teams get the guy(s) they really want: Oilers get Seguin (higher upside and plays a position of need). Bruins get Hall: more NHL ready and plays a position of need).

    I'm not sure I would do it without the 3rd rounder next year, because, IMO Hall and Seguin are equal, and it makes no sense to give up Stuart just to move up the 1 spot...



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    55
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by captaintek33 View Post
    We'll give you the RFA rights to Mark Stuart, and #2 for #1 and your 2011 third rounder... That saves the Bruins some $$ they don't have to spend, and gives the Oil a solid, young defenseman who can stabilize their blue line. Plus, both teams get the guy(s) they really want: Oilers get Seguin (higher upside and plays a position of need). Bruins get Hall: more NHL ready and plays a position of need).

    I'm not sure I would do it without the 3rd rounder next year, because, IMO Hall and Seguin are equal, and it makes no sense to give up Stuart just to move up the 1 spot...
    there is no way the Oilers take that deal they dont want Stuart. The only way I see a swap is if its #1 for #2, #15, and Blake Wheeler which I doubt the B's will give just to get Hall but thats what its most likely gonna take

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,429
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas717 View Post
    Make all the moves for the off-season.

    Trades:

    Riley Nash and Andrew Cogliano to Boston for 15th overall pick

    Patrick O'Sullivan, Robert Nilsson* and 91st overall pick to Ottawa for Jason Spezza

    Ethan Moreau to Detroit for 4th round pick

    Sheldon Souray and 73rd overall pick to L.A. Kings for Justin Williams and Davis Drewiske

    Shawn Horcoff to New York Islanders for Sean Bergenheim

    Jeff-Drouin Deslauriers and Marc Pouliot to Atlanta for 3rd round pick

    *If somebody other than Nilsson needs to be traded for it to work, buy him out because in a freak cap situation it would save the Oilers 87,300 in cap next year.

    Draft:

    1st overall - Taylor Hall (LW)
    15th overall - Jack Campbell (G)
    31st overall - Alex Petrovic (D)
    48th overall - Stephen Johns (D)
    61st overall - Jakub Culek (C)

    Signings

    Draft
    Taylor Hall $2.75 million
    Jack Campbell $1.5 million
    Alex Petrovic $1 million
    Stephen Johns $825,000
    Jakub Culek $675,000

    UFA
    Anton Volchenkov $4.5 million (3 years)
    Dennis Seidenberg $3 million (3 years)
    Barry Tallackson $600,000 (1 year)

    Resign
    All RFAs

    Projected Lines

    (First two lines interchangeable)
    Dustin Penner - Jason Spezza - Ales Hemsky
    Taylor Hall - Sam Gagner - Jordan Eberle
    Sean Bergenheim - Gilbert Brule - Justin Williams
    Ryan Jones - Ryan Potulny - Zack Stortini

    J.F. Jacques - Ryan Stone - Colin Mcdonald
    Liam Reddox - Ryan O'Marra - Barry Tallackson

    Ryan Whitney - Anton Volchenkov
    Dennis Seidenberg - Tom Gilbert
    Ladislav Smid - Davis Drewiske

    Alex Plante - Theo Peckham
    Taylor Chorney - Johan Motin

    Nikolai Khabibulin
    Devan Dubnyk

    There may be a couple mathematical errors, but I have calculated the cap hit to be roughly $52.925 million not including Oklahoma call-ups, which leaves room to add more depth through free agency or more trades if the Oilers felt it necessary.


    Bruins are trying to make cap room not take on cap.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    Boston wants a #1 - no problem ... let's make the trade

    We want
    2010 #2 overall pick
    Drumheller native D prospect Bodnarchuk
    Negotiating rights to RFA D Stuart

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    128
    vCash
    1500
    Boston wants a #1 - no problem ... let's make the trade

    We want
    2010 #2 overall pick
    Drumheller native D prospect Bodnarchuk
    Negotiating rights to RFA D Stuart

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •