Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is Nelson Mandela a "bad" or "good" person?

Often times I've heard so many misinformed people talk about Mandela. I've heard some people say they love him, and I've heard many say he's an awful human being. So, what is it? What do you think of him?

vCash
    I don't understand how Mandela is an awful human being

vCash
    how is he a bad person?

vCash
    How is he not one of the best people of the past 100 years?
    College Football: SOON

vCash
    I've honestly never heard that. Do explain...

"Soft-spoken sweet-smelling Sansa, who loved silks, songs, chivalry and tall gallant knights with handsome faces."

vCash
    count me as another who's never heard anyone call mandela a bad person. then again, i don't hang around with pro-apartheid people and white supremacists...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    He seemed to think that the invasion of Iraq was a racist thing (and not even in the way you'd think!), which is a little crazy, but not necessarily "bad."
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

8. 06-12-2010, 01:23 AM
    Reason
    Stop with that nonsense

9. 06-12-2010, 02:44 AM
    Reason
    Stop with that nonsense

vCash
    yeah ppl that were ruling south africa b4 thought he was... haha no1 else...
    Last edited by ~Colt.45~; 06-13-2010 at 02:47 PM.
    Cause Day N Nite...

vCash
    He's not a bad person... pretty much a good guy, but maybe a little out there on some of his views and opinions.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 49-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 8-4 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    I have heard people call him a bad person. I'm not sure why.. I consider him a good person though.

vCash
    I think he's one of the most inspirational people of any time. No way is he a bad person.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 5-8, games this week vs. Chicago White Sox (3), Baltimore (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: 11-5, 2013 AFC South Champs, great season guys.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, good effort guys.

vCash
    Didn't he divorce his wife as soon as he got out of jail even though she waited for him? Maybe that is the reason some might think he is "bad".

The Giants NL West Division chase.

Gagné's HGH Care Package

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GHGHCP View Post
    Didn't he divorce his wife as soon as he got out of jail even though she waited for him? Maybe that is the reason some might think he is "bad".
    In his autobiography I think he said it was a mutual decision between the two, it was hard for them to be together again after 27 years apart. It's been a long time since I read that book though so I could be wrong. I've also heard somewhere that it was differences in how they wanted to attack the apartheid regime in South Africa - Nelson Mandela wanted to just attack buildings and strategic points, whereas his wife targeted specific people to kill. Again though I don't have any sources to look to right now, it's just stuff I've read over the years.

As far as Mandela being a bad person, I have heard people blame him for the AIDS epidemic and he himself said in his autobiography that he failed South Africa on that front, but I don't know enough about the situation to know how much he really could have dealt with it.

This post has left a lot of grey areas, but hopefully it does shed a little light on the subject for some people

vCash
    From the things I know about him, he's nothing but a great human being. During his tour in Canada in early 2000, he was made an honourary Canadian Citizen and thats something that we just don't give out to people. The only person to receive it before him was Raoul Wallenberg.

vCash
    I'm with the majority in this thread. A "bad" person? Who else is a "bad" person Hitler? Stalin? Castro? Are those the examples of bad people or someone like Bush or Blair? I'm confused

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast