Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

ACC expansion possibility?

With the Big 12 doom of extinction, the Big 10 becoming the Big 16, Pac 16, SEC could be adding Miami, GT, Clemson & FSU from the ACC. How bout the Big East & ACC? Well my thoughts is this: The ACC needs to do something if the 4 teams i mentioned leaves. App St. has been a big FSC school for a while, and should have a chance in the BCS stage, ACC?. The some of the Big East Schools should join the ACC. EX: UConn, Cuse, WVU, Louisville, Pitt, USF, Rutgers. Temple had a good year football & basketball wise, good for the ACC? Pitt-Temple possible rival, Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia. East Carolina has been a huge football program from the C-USA, add them to the ACC. Here his the preview if this possibly happens:

ACC
    Atlantic
    Boston College Eagles
    Connecticut Huskies
    Duke Blue Devils
    East Carolina Pirates
    Maryland Terps
    North Carolina Tar Heels
    NC State Wolfpack
    Rutgers Scarlet Knights
    Wake Forest Demon Decons

Coastal
    App. St Mountaineers
    Louisville Cardinals
    Pittsburgh Panthers
    South Florida Bulls
    Syracuse Orange
    Temple Owls
    Virginia Cavaliers
    Virginia Tech Hokies
    West Virginia Mountaineers

thoughts?
    JETS/RANGERS/YANKEES/KNICKS/VA TECH/SYRACUSE/ARMY
    "I don't know what a Hokie is, but god is one of them" - Lee Corso
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVP0Q...eature=related - J.O.B. (Jets Over B**ches)

vCash
    Terrible football conference. If the SEC takes GT, FSU, Miami, Clemson, or even VT, the conference is doomed to the same fate the Big East is facing right now.
    "Hitting is better than sex." Reggie Jackson

“The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play." Reggie Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. October View Post
    Terrible football conference. If the SEC takes GT, FSU, Miami, Clemson, or even VT, the conference is doomed to the same fate the Big East is facing right now.
    That's because the ACC would essentially BECOME the Big East, lol.

vCash
    I surely wouldn't put Virginia Tech, West Virginia, South Florida, and Pittsburgh in the same division. That's like all of the decent football programs in one division. I doubt that they will move App. State up, and there's a good chance Rutgers is headed to the Big 10.

vCash
    would be better to get FIU instead of App, at least a good baseball program, growing bball program, and growing football program in a good market
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfan79 View Post
    would be better to get FIU instead of App, at least a good baseball program, growing bball program, and growing football program in a good market
    FIU in a legit conference wouldn't help Miami out much though.

vCash
    If FIU, App State or Temple are in the ACC then you can forget an automatic bid to the BCS or playoff or whatever you want to call it.
    "Hitting is better than sex." Reggie Jackson

“The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play." Reggie Jackson

vCash
    Apparently, Fed-Ex's CEO is offering $10 million a year to whatever BCS conference will take Memphis. I think this would be a great move for the ACC to jump on it. Not only are you adding that revenue, but you're also expanding into a new state in Tennessee and a fairly large market in Memphis. If the Big 10 proceeds to take 2 or 3 of Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Louisville, then I would like to see the ACC offer Memphis, Connecticut, West Virginia, and South Florida.

I've seen suggestions for four team divisions elsewhere, maybe something that would looks like:

A- Clemson, Georgia Tech, South Florida, NC State
    B- Duke, North Carolina, FSU, Miami
    C- Memphis, Virginia, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech
    D- Connecticut, Boston College, Maryland, West Virginia

The groups are close geographically, and I also tried to include a rivalry in each (Clemson-GT, Clemson-NC State, Duke-UNC, FSU-Miami, VT-Virginia, Maryland-WVU)