Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

2010-2011 Roster

Who will Tallon deem worthy of staying, and who will he try to send on there way? He's already praised the likes of Kulikov, Ballard, Weiss, Horton, Booth, McCabe, and Garrison (may be forgetting someone off the top of my head), but he's also said he's open to the possibility of trades.

NOW, I realize this is a bit of a stretch, but Patrick Marleau is a FA come July. Tallon is looking for a bigger No.1/2 center, because we all know Weiss (last years leading scorer) at 5'11 is better suited as a 2nd liner. Marleau is 6'2 220, and he put up 40+ goals last season. I sincerely believe he and Horton could start to dominate and take over games. Now, I'm not sure if Marleau is really looking to leave the Sharks, but after all he hasn't signed an extension. Going from a team in the Western Conference Finals to the Panthers is a bit of a stretch, I'm aware, but maybe Tallon can pitch him the idea that if he came here and turned this program around he would be a sure fire HOFer... Or at least get a spot in the new Panthers Den of pride, or w/e they're calling it haha.

ANyway, as I said before, who would you like to see go, and who would you like to see in a Panthers jersey next season? I really think Tallon will shop Olesz and probably get rid of him for someone who makes a 3rd liners salary, but has proven more consistent. He'll probably sell Olesz upside and size. I really like Olesz, but he's just not cutting it.

Also, I can't recall Frolik getting any praise (he may have, just don't remember) does anyone think that could be a hint at something?

Lets get some posts going people!!

The Illuminati of Basketball

vCash
    I love the thought of alot of trades from a GM who I trust, and he is that for me....cant wait to see what we get via trades and drafting.....

vCash
    Yep, yep, should make an exciting offseason for the Panthers as well. I'm mad excited for the draft, can't wait to see what happens. We have three 2nd rounders to use as chips on the trading table. Perhaps will pick up some proven players for picks?

vCash
    Just spend money!
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    Its rumored that the budget will be about the same, if not more. The new owners seem to be dedicated to winning, after all they went out after a HUGE GM for us.

vCash
    Tallon has a lot on his plate. Olesz's contract will be tough to move.He is an underachiever and is often hurt. Stillman is way overpaid for what he brings to the table. Kreps is awful, Cambell the same. At least Tarnasky showed up.

Marleau would bring excitement & show fans that the owners our committed to winning.

The time is NOW !! No more excuses....

vCash
    This team is not ready to spend yet, there are way to many holes for us to be a yearly playoff contender we need to have a great draft this year which will set us up for trades and call ups. Marleau doesn't fit here IMO and the money it would cost to get him here would be too high. One guy i would think about brining in on a 1 year deal is Joiknen, his best success has come here and he would prolly come cheap. We have one more year IMO before we can look at some serious free agents

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    Let's not for Jokinens problem though. I remember reading of him being a "locker room cancer." Apparently he has a pretty bad attitude. That being said, I'm not sure Tallon would go with him.

vCash
    I want that big name, Jokinen led us to 0 playoff appearances. Go after a Marleau, that would be sweet.
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    Hey guys, first off i'm a B's fan but I like to jump from team forum to team forum and see what other teams are thinking about the upcoming off-season/draft. Anyways we were talking over in the B's forum about moving up in the draft (some PC has said he wants to do and Florida has come up a few times now) How would you guys feel about this trade.

To Florida
    #15 Pick
    #45 Pick
    Michael Ryder
    Zach Hamill

To Boston
    #3 pick

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    6GP / 1G / 4A / +5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Hey guys, first off i'm a B's fan but I like to jump from team forum to team forum and see what other teams are thinking about the upcoming off-season/draft. Anyways we were talking over in the B's forum about moving up in the draft (some PC has said he wants to do and Florida has come up a few times now) How would you guys feel about this trade.

To Florida
    #15 Pick
    #45 Pick
    Michael Ryder
    Zach Hamill

To Boston
    #3 pick
    Don't the Bruins already have the #2 pick, from Toronto? We already have three 2nd round picks. I would like Ryder, cause we could use some more right handed players, and another guy putting up around 50 points would always help. But lets also take into consideration that Booth could've easily been that other guy to put up +-50 points. As for Hamill, I'm not really sure of the guy, since I don't know much about him. We seem pretty stacked with offensive prospects though. To be honest, I'm on the fence, something like this could definitely go down on draft day if we happen to find a guy who will go around the 15th pick that we're really sold on.

vCash
    In the end, just like you, I want Seguin haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 305sportsfan View Post
    Don't the Bruins already have the #2 pick, from Toronto? We already have three 2nd round picks. I would like Ryder, cause we could use some more right handed players, and another guy putting up around 50 points would always help. But lets also take into consideration that Booth could've easily been that other guy to put up +-50 points. As for Hamill, I'm not really sure of the guy, since I don't know much about him. We seem pretty stacked with offensive prospects though. To be honest, I'm on the fence, something like this could definitely go down on draft day if we happen to find a guy who will go around the 15th pick that we're really sold on.
    You mention that you have a lot of offensive prospect so i'll give you someone at #15 that could be a huge D-prospect outside the Big 3. Dylan McIlrath. He's a stay at home defenseman (75% of the time) that doesn't let his star players get pushed around without someone be held accountable. He's been know to be able to clear out his own net with 2 guys setting screens (as we all know goalies can't stop what they can't see) The kid is 6'4 212 and his offense is very underrated he also built a reputation around the WHL as someone you didn't want to mess with and was known as "The Undertaker." If you want to see McIlrath at his best just go to youtube and type his name in.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    6GP / 1G / 4A / +5