Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What will make next season a success

So i got to thinking about next season and i am just wondering what would make next year a success. Personally i really feel this team needs to rebuild but i honestly don't see it happening, i don't think the higher ups are ready to lose even more money waiting for a good team. IMO

Vokoun should be traded at the draft after seeing what the Ducks got for Pronger, a 36 year old aging d man, the Panthers could get a ton for Vokoun from a team like the Caps, Hawks, Stars or any other team looking for a starting goalie. I would be looking for a high 1st, top 6 forward, top pair d man, 2nd, 4th. I believe a team would be willing to give that much for Vokoun.

Then there are guys like Weiss, Olesz, Horton, Booth, McCabe. Out of these guys i would really like to see Weiss, Olesz, Horton go all these guys have never lived up to there potential and need to be moved now while people think they still have some. Horton and Weiss could fetch you some decent specs and picks i doubt Olesz gets you much. I think hanging on to guys like Booth and McCabe is the right move because both these guys are charcater players and bring leadership to this team and that's something we haven't had much of.

I do think the future is bright with guys like Ellerby, Reprik, Matthais, Kulikov, Markstrom + a few other young guys. I really think we have started to build a good team we just need to move the money guys and pick up a few young guys in trade and we should be a playoff team in a season or 2. I know we haven't seen a sniff in 8 years but don't hang your head with Debour behind the bench and some young guys coming up i think this team is headed in the right directions ans it better be or things could get really bad for this franchise.

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    First off, Nathan Horton needs to be moved. I'm sure a team like the Rangers would be interested. There's always rumors of him being dealt and it needs to happen already.

Nathan Horton to the New York Rangers Prospals UFA rights, + Brandon Dubinsky.. Florida may have to add a bit though. Prospal and Dubinsky would help up front.

They also need to look to add a top four defenseman. The likes of Hamhuis, Kubina, Corvo, and Sutton would be a great pickup.

I'd keep Vokoun if they want to make the playoffs. It's harder to find a goalie than some offensive help. Higgins, Madden and Torres could really help this team defensively though.

vCash
    I really think trading Horton or Weiss would be a mistake! Their talent isn't on par with their current value. They need help! Keep in mind that they played most of the season without Booth. I think trading Vokoun would be the best thing to do, since he's probably our most valuable player, value-wise. The problem is who gets the call up? Markstrom is arguably the best prospect right now, but he needs to spend some time in the AHL. Plante or Salak? Your pick, I'd like to see them, why not? I'm always up for a trade though, if the return is worth it.

The Illuminati of Basketball

vCash
    Agrred!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 305sportsfan View Post
    I really think trading Horton or Weiss would be a mistake! Their talent isn't on par with their current value. They need help! Keep in mind that they played most of the season without Booth. I think trading Vokoun would be the best thing to do, since he's probably our most valuable player, value-wise. The problem is who gets the call up? Markstrom is arguably the best prospect right now, but he needs to spend some time in the AHL. Plante or Salak? Your pick, I'd like to see them, why not? I'm always up for a trade though, if the return is worth it.
    Both guys have been here since 2003 they aren't going to get any better, this team needs a culture change.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    Both guys have been here since 2003 they aren't going to get any better, this team needs a culture change.
    I'd hate to sound like a broken record, but they need a star to play with. I really liked Hortons hustle this season. It seemed to me like he's really starting to show some worth. As for Weiss he put up some career highs last season, and he and Deboer have teamed up in the past, so I don't see the coach wanting to part with him. But, this is just a fans opinion. I only see the guys in our colors and I root for them, call me old fashioned. Sure they frustrate the hell out of me, but as a normally pessimistic person, sports are just about the only thing I'm adamant on remaining positive about.

Who do you suppose we could get for Horton or Weiss? Who else would you shop?

vCash
    I think a team like Wild, Preds, Bluejackets would take a run at a guy like Weiss, he's fairly cheap 3.1mil and all those teams are in need of help at cente. IMO WEiss is never going to be anything more then a second line centre on a decent team. As for Horton any team in the league would want him, there would be a big market. He could fetch us a potential 1st round pick and perhabs a top prospect or 2. Weiss has an active no trade and i think Horton's starts on july 1st. These guys are becoming complacent that's the problem. Sure they put up decent numbers but they can't step up when it matters and that what stars do. I would call the Ducks about Ryan and the Stars about Riberio both guys can be had and Riberio can prolly go for cheap and would be a decent 1st line centre.

vCash
    I'm not really interested in prospects, in my opinion we have enough. I'd like to see Ryan here, but playing with Horton . Sorry man, I feel you, It'll just be hard to part ways with these guys. It's not like they were Ted Ginn Jr. busty haha.

vCash
    i really think the only way to imprive this team is go young. We have a solid core of youngsters coming up but there not ready Markstrom needs at least one more year and Ellerby, Repik could use another year of seasoning before they can be couonted on to be solid producers.

vCash
    every other team going on strike but us?
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Mannn, all I want is a playoff berth! haha. Next season will be big for the Dolphins and Heat... I want the Panthers to join in on the fun. I can't wait to see who we draft and who we pick up. Have you heard anything about Booth?

vCash
    Booth will be ok, he just needs to rest up, he'll be fine. i wouldn't hold your breath about making the Playoffs

vCash
    100% agree.....tho i do like Horton...i think its time to change direction

vCash
    Well, with Tallon up in the office, I'm sure things should be shaken up. I recognize that Weiss is a 2nd line center, and I would much rather trade him, and give Horton the wake up call, seeing as how he's got a higher ceiling, and is just better than Weiss. Know of any FA Centers that could be a potential 1st line center? Is this: http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-n...s-by-position/
    accurate? Also, lets not forget all those 2nd round picks we have, maybe we could toss one of those in with Weiss and get a deal.

vCash
    Horton is just OK. He did not do too much. Booth will be a stud however. I wanna keep Vokoun one more year and then bring in Maarkstrom. He will be good, but Frolik Booth and a solid FA will do.
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast