Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Coyotes to stay in Phoenix for at least 1 more season

The city of Glendale and the NHL have come to an agreement to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix for at least the 2010-11 season.

Glendale has agreed to cover all losses up to $25 million if the NHL still owns the team, but the league is looking for local ownership. This is great news for Phoenix fans and bad news for the fine folks in Winnipeg.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=322287

That sucks, guess their playoff run made em stay.

vCash
    Great news!!! Ice Edge is getting closer to making a deal that will make it permanent!

vCash
    I have never followed hockey but do want to start. The Coyotes would be my team of choice cause I like the state of Arizona and would like to live there someday. So please stay in Phoenix for good !!!

vCash
    I don't get why some people are against the Coyotes staying in AZ. The fans here have been behind this team and now that they are starting to be relevant everyone wants them to leave. Get your own damn team. Go PHOENIX Coyotes!

vCash
    So what's going on with this right now, anybody know? I know firsthand the PHX fanbase is dedicated and passionate. I'd be sad to see 'em go even tho' I don't even live there. They have a great arena and I do think the people of PHX are getting a bad rap in a deal that wasn't THEIR fault. Phoenix got completely robbed as far as taxpayers are concerned, to get the Dbacks arena built and the Coyotes and Cards arenas. Meanwhile Colangelo and Bidwill laughed all the way to the bank.
    Anyway. All that aside, I do hope the Coyotes stay for the sake of the fans there, but if we've learned anything at all from professional sports, it's that owners are like Eric Cartman. They do what they want.
    (Yes, yes, I know, ironic from a Raiders fan. But perhaps also lending a bit of legitimacy to the comment!)
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Wow man. This forum! I miss hockey. ...
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!