Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Party Down

vCash

Party Down

Im sorry if there is already a thread on this show, but I couldnt find one.

I just started watching last week and flew through season 1 and caught up to newest episodes of season 2. For anyone who may not know of this show I would suggest giving it a chance. You can watch all episodes on Netflix or some free websites. I have heard a few people mention it, but mostly people I talk to arent really aware of its existence. I hope other people outside of my friends are watching though because this show is great and I would love it to stay on the air.

Aside from the seemingly cheesy name, the show sports a terrific cast of familiar faces from random shows and movies like Adam Scott (the hardass brother from Step Brothers), Jane Lynch (Only in the first season though), Martin Starr (who played Bill Haverchuck in Freaks and Geeks), Lizzy Caplan (also from Freaks and Geeks), and Ken Marino (the stepdad from Role Models, he was also in Reno 911). All of these characters, plus a few others, play a group of struggling actors, writers, comedians... all of which work for a catering company to pay the bills while waiting for their big breaks. A simple premise, yet one that provides a good platform for humor. It is smart writing and silly jokes woven neatly through their bitter and yet forgiving relationships and interactions.

Give it a chance for at least a few episodes. Hopefully you'll like it and we wont lose another quality show, while ridiculous programs like Kendra or the Kardashians get picked up for yet another season of nothingness.
    If you come at the king, you best not miss.

vCash
    i love this show... the only thing worth watching on friday nights. i also love that jane lynch isn't in season 2... because i hate that wretched btch!

when i first watched this show during last season's premier (the pilot), i thought it would be some halfassed production with a cast full of ties to the ferrell/apayow crew. instead, i got a really well-written, hilarious show with a dynamic cast of characters that mesh well together and routinely make me laugh.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Downloading now. Never even heard of it until now.

vCash
    I started watching this season and its alright, some funny stuff.

vCash
    Love this show, doubt it will come back for a third season since barely anyone watches it.

vCash
    I started watching this on Netflix streaming a few days ago. I love it so far. Its from the creator of Veronica Mars, so I always figured it would be good, just never got around to watching it since I don't have Starz. Hope it gets picked up for a 3rd season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    i love this show... the only thing worth watching on friday nights. i also love that jane lynch isn't in season 2... because i hate that wretched btch!
    I find Jane Lynch to be creepy.

vCash
    Love the show but I doubt we see another season. The ratings suck and with Scott leaving for Parks and Rec, Hansen leaving with a pilot of his being picked up by ABC (or NBC), and possibly Caplan leaving as well, the core of the show is pretty much lost. Feel bad for Marino and co.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    Love the show but I doubt we see another season. The ratings suck and with Scott leaving for Parks and Rec, Hansen leaving with a pilot of his being picked up by ABC (or NBC), and possibly Caplan leaving as well, the core of the show is pretty much lost. Feel bad for Marino and co.
    Thats too bad, I was really enjoying this show. I love Parks and Rec too, but Scott's character isnt even that enjoyable thus far, I would much prefer him to just stay on PD. Its kind of a shame that its on Starz because its just bound to get poor ratings since not many people have it.
    If you come at the king, you best not miss.

vCash
    it sucks i never heard of this show until two weeks ago. its really good

vCash
    I hope this show has a third season

vCash
    The show was officially canceled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    The show was officially canceled.
    Sucks, but not shocking at all. No way it could go on without Adam Scott.
    Utah Jazz Sim GM
    2003: 28-54, 11th in the West
    2004: 33-49, 10th in the West
    2005: 35-47, 12th in the West
    2006: 45-37, 8th in the West, 1st Round loss
    2007: 57-25, 3rd in the West, 1st Round loss
    2008: 30-52, 12th in the West
    2009: 47-35, 6th in the West, WCF loss
    2010: 47-35, 7th in the West, WCF loss
    2011: 5-77, 14th in the West
    2012: 38-44, 10th in the West
    2013: 41-41, 8th in the West, 1st Round loss
    2014: 50-32, 2nd in the West, 2nd Round loss

vCash
    Man I was in love with this show, but agree Adam Scott made this show go. Shame.

vCash
    kinda lame, but at the same time, i needed to cut down on which shows i continue to watch since i'll be starting law school in the fall and won't have as much free time on my hands...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!