heh.. Red Sox and Cubs are probably 1 and 3 on my "most hated" list. To each his own.
I picked up the Redsox, when Manny joined the team, so I guess I am kinda band wagon. But didn't start rooting for them because they were winning. I still liked them when they were the underdogs. I like the fact that they build within there system, build there own talent, and bring them up from the minors. There isn't a guy on the team I don't like, except Julio Lugo. As for the Cubs, went to Spring Training when I was like 10, and between them and the Giants, they were giving out the most autos. Also, I used to come home from school everyday, flip on the tube, and on wgn there they were everyday for me to watch. I always look for a game to watch, and when they are there everyday, I just started, and always have rooted for them. So, I guess I'm a little band wagon on each, I wasn't born into it like the M's. But I have rooted for them both before they became good. Went to Boston and New York last year for 2 weeks, and went to Fenway, Shea, and Yankee stadium. Trip of a lifetime, any sports fan has to do this once in their lifetime. Watched the BoSox play Detroit at Fenway, BoSox/Yankees at Yankees stadium, and NYM vs. Cubbies.
Most Hated Teams:
2. LAA(ever since they beat the SFG in the WS. I was living in Oak. at the time, only a six month thing, out of there as fast as possible.)
4. St. Louis
6. San Diego
7. Milwaukee(even though I like there players, I can't root for them)
8. LAD never liked the Dodgers, but do like some of there players.
I've always been a Giants fan, since I was about 10, and went to Spring Training for the first time, got the most autos from them, and the Cubs.(oops, already put that up above) That is why so many NL West teams on there.
NFL Playoffs, Aussie Rules Football. Geelong Cats
Randy Johnson ranks high on my list of favorite Mariners. "ARod" and "Junior" are least favorite, I feel both are Traitors to the Mariner Fans.
It has been awhile since I have posted. You have to know a little about me to understand why. I am a substitute teacher, and I work as a fish processor when I am not teaching. I just have little time to do much posting. I am a fan of the Mariners, and my favorite former Mariner is actually the whole 1995 team. I am also a fan of the Cubs, though I can not follow them much. I am a fan of the Seahawks. I am a fan of the Huskies. I am a graduate and fan of CWU. I just hate the Spankees. I have little use for anything New York. Obviously if you can not figure it out my name is Pete. I realize my screen name is really original.
I also owe apologies to a few members of the forum, and you know who you are. I use the line "not a true fan" last spring, and I was way out of line. For that I am sorry.
I hope to do more posting than I have been doing. It should be an interesting winter.
Hi guys! Ive been reading you during the last few weeks.. I'm a Mariners fan since 2006 when I was an exchange student near SEA.. I decided to register so i can learn a bit more about mariners inside things, since is kind of hard to get any type of "trash talk" in Italy. I hope my english is still good!
1. Seattle, WA
2. Felix Hernandez/Franklin Gutierrez
3. Jay Buhner
4. Mariners are definitely #1, but I am also a big fan of the Red Sox... my dad grew up in boston and I used to go back to Massachusetts and see a game or two every summer. I was at the game when Buhner made that catch falling into the bullpen at Fenway, if anyone remembers that.
5. Love NBA basketball (still rooting for the thunder), college football and basketball (I'm a former UW student, so I am all about UW sports), definitely watch some NFL too
1. Toulouse, France
2. Felix Hernandez
3. Ken Griffey Jr
4. I like to cheer for the Giants when I go back to San Francisco but that's about it.
5. I root for the Saints in the NFL and I also like the Kings in the NBA.
6. I grew up in France but the Mariners became my favorite team on my first trip back to the US when I discovered baseball.