Following up on my last post, this time with a plan. First off, you'll see that there is no Lidstrom on this team. I think he'll retire. Second, you'll see that there is no Homer on this team. Hard to swallow, yes, but I don't see him taking less money and I see another team offering it up. It is a business, no matter how crappy it is. Without a salary cap he's back for sure. All others you don't see will either be allowed to leave or traded. So, here's the plan:

Free Agent signings:
Anton Volchenkov, D, Ottawa
Dennis Seidenberg, D, Boston
*Our defense was horrible and our young goalie needs some help. We have guys that can score on our roster already so we need defense first defensmen. These two will solidify that need but will be a bit costly. Volchenkov could cost in the neighborhood of $4M and Seidenberg could be around $3M but your getting two very good defensemen.

Lee Stempniak, RW, Pheonix
Brian McGratten, RW, Calgary
*Stempniak replaces Bertuzzi and I know he's not the same physical force but I think he'd score more here. McGratten is just a physical force guy only who comes low priced and plays very little unless needed. We need someone like this though.

Lineup:

Defense
Rafalski/Volchenkov
Kronwell/Seidenberg
Ericcson/Stuart
Lebda/Kindl

Offense
Filppula/Datsyuk/Stempniak
Franzen/Zetterberg/Abdelkader
Helm/Hudler/Cleary
Mursak/Ritola/Eaves
McGratten/Emmerton
*Watch for Tomas Tatar and Joakim Andersson as well.

Goalies
Howard
Osgood

No, this lineup isn't filled with stars as in the past but it's gotten younger, faster, and better for the long haul with possiblities for next season.