Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Wanted Free Agents

To try and spark the off season discussion for the Wings here on this forum, we know the Wings will have somewhere from 4-possibly 11 mil this off season who would you like the wings to go after? We all know Ken Holland will make the right choice but who would the fans like to see

For mine, I have my own list so if someone has re-signed with their team let me know but this is who I wouldnt mind....

Matthew Lombardi- great speed and wrist shot, I think he would make a good tutor for Helm while also giving us lots of depth at center.
    Marek Svatos- He HAD a 50 goal season, and I think a change of scenery with a better team with better play makers, he can return to some of that form (of course not 50 goals)
    Teemu Selanne- If he doesnt retire I think he would be a great veteran addition to the team, slick and has a nasty shot
    Anton Volchenkov- Yes please
    Garnet Exelby- Another good defender, yes please

Again I dont know if they would be the best fit, but I think they would all make a good addition...Again lets hear some opinions either ripping mine or of your own

Also to make it interesting throw in a trade you would like to see...

Brad Stuart and a prospect for Brett Burns...He didnt have a good season last year, and Minn is looking for change, seeing him play in many games in person I think he would play great with our defense and we could buy low on this young big D man. I think we lack a little size on our Blue line and I think someone like him would give us that a long with a nice slap shot and offensive ability
    Last edited by pidg88; 05-12-2010 at 07:04 PM.

vCash
    if we had the later end if that sal cap figure i would want kolv or marleu haha, but svatos would be a great fit i want him bad. but i doubt we will make any moves even though we need too

vCash

As posted already!

I'm already on record for the following:

Defense
    Anton Volchenkov, Ottawa
    Dennis Seidenberg, Boston

Offense
    Lee Stempniak, Phoenix
    Brian McGratten, Calgary

All or some and I'd be happy with my main target being Volchenkov whether Nick comes back or not. Rafulski needs help!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    To try and spark the off season discussion for the Wings here on this forum, we know the Wings will have somewhere from 4-possibly 11 mil this off season who would you like the wings to go after? We all know Ken Holland will make the right choice but who would the fans like to see

For mine, I have my own list so if someone has re-signed with their team let me know but this is who I wouldnt mind....

Matthew Lombardi- great speed and wrist shot, I think he would make a good tutor for Helm while also giving us lots of depth at center.
    Marek Svatos- He HAD a 50 goal season, and I think a change of scenery with a better team with better play makers, he can return to some of that form (of course not 50 goals)
    Teemu Selanne- If he doesnt retire I think he would be a great veteran addition to the team, slick and has a nasty shot
    Anton Volchenkov- Yes please
    Garnet Exelby- Another good defender, yes please

Again I dont know if they would be the best fit, but I think they would all make a good addition...Again lets hear some opinions either ripping mine or of your own

Also to make it interesting throw in a trade you would like to see...

Brad Stuart and a prospect for Brett Burns...He didnt have a good season last year, and Minn is looking for change, seeing him play in many games in person I think he would play great with our defense and we could buy low on this young big D man. I think we lack a little size on our Blue line and I think someone like him would give us that a long with a nice slap shot and offensive ability
    Why would we add in a prospect for Burns. Brad Stuart in my opinion is better. Burns and Kronwall are very similar in the offensive zone.

Exelby - Wants to play as a top six defenseman next year, something that most likely wouldn't happen in Detroit.

Selanne - Don't think we could afford him, nor would he leave Anaheim.

Lombardi - Would love that if we could get him for under 3M.

Svatos - Would be pretty good as well. I think he'll find his way to the Eastern Conference though.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    I'm already on record for the following:

Defense
    Anton Volchenkov, Ottawa
    Dennis Seidenberg, Boston

Offense
    Lee Stempniak, Phoenix
    Brian McGratten, Calgary

All or some and I'd be happy with my main target being Volchenkov whether Nick comes back or not. Rafulski needs help!!
    We won't have enough for Volchenkov or Stempniak. Seidenberg is already discussing a contract extension in Boston and there's really no use for McGratten. I'd rather have Aaron Downey up next year, who I love.

vCash
    Well I didnt exactly mean a good prospect haha. And I have seen them both play, obviously ive seen Burns play more since im from MN but I have seen lots of Detroit I just think Burns would give us nice size, at 6 5 he knows how to use his body well and would be useful against players like Big buff from Chitown or Joe Thorton Getslaf those big centers etc. Whenever I have seen Detroit play in person or on TV I think we get bruised around in front of our own net which is why I would like to see a bigger defender. But you are right now thinking about it him and Kronwall are similar in some respects and probably wouldnt complement each other well. And again I was just throwing it out there to be make it interesting, I probably wouldnt actually do it if it came down to it and I was Kenny.

As far as the FA's go, I dont think Selanne would ask for much, I also am not so sure he will return to Anaheim I just have a gut feeling about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Well I didnt exactly mean a good prospect haha. And I have seen them both play, obviously ive seen Burns play more since im from MN but I have seen lots of Detroit I just think Burns would give us nice size, at 6 5 he knows how to use his body well and would be useful against players like Big buff from Chitown or Joe Thorton Getslaf those big centers etc. Whenever I have seen Detroit play in person or on TV I think we get bruised around in front of our own net which is why I would like to see a bigger defender. But you are right now thinking about it him and Kronwall are similar in some respects and probably wouldnt complement each other well. And again I was just throwing it out there to be make it interesting, I probably wouldnt actually do it if it came down to it and I was Kenny.

As far as the FA's go, I dont think Selanne would ask for much, I also am not so sure he will return to Anaheim I just have a gut feeling about that.
    I see. When I watch Burns, I feel he's lazy in his own end and pinches on bad plays. Brad's a very physical player, who also has a offensive side to his game, which we do not see alot.

I'd love to have Selanne. I doubt we'd get him though. Selanne + Datsyuk = HEAVEN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    I see. When I watch Burns, I feel he's lazy in his own end and pinches on bad plays. Brad's a very physical player, who also has a offensive side to his game, which we do not see alot.

I'd love to have Selanne. I doubt we'd get him though. Selanne + Datsyuk = HEAVEN
    Agreed, he is 25 though, and has never been on a team with a good elite defense man, getting him with Lidstrom and Rafalski I think he learns a lot and becomes much better. But anyways that will never happen.

Selanne and Datsyuk was the exact line I was thinking of if he does leave, it would be pretty nice. Those two with Homer for net presence. But I also believe Svatos would be nice with Datsyuk...And again I think we could get him for cheap

vCash
    I wouldn't mind signing Colby Armstrong this summer. He is big and strong, plays extremely physical (dirty at times though) and could be had for a reasonable price. Not sure for what thoguh
    Last edited by saskwingsfans; 05-24-2010 at 09:16 PM.

vCash
    I posted this before reading on a different thread that there are rumors that Detroit will be making a pitch for Armstrong this off season. Armstrong would definitely be a good fit here in Detroit, with his size, speed and physical presence, but I didn't realize that he is looking for 3 million a year. Not sure if we could fit him in at that price, but if we can, I think it would be a good acquisition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saskwingsfans View Post
    I posted this before reading on a different thread that there are rumors that Detroit will be making a pitch for Armstrong this off season. Armstrong would definitely be a good fit here in Detroit, with his size, speed and physical presence, but I didn't realize that he is looking for 3 million a year. Not sure if we could fit him in at that price, but if we can, I think it would be a good acquisition.
    I really don't get why we would need Armstrong when we have Eaves, Helm and Abdelkader. All of these three can do everything that Colby can do. If we go after anyone, it should be a spare player who could spend some time in the AHL. Hopefully a pretty good two way player. I really don't expect much this summer, like just about every other year. I was very surprised when we signed Hossa.