Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Kings will try to sign Kovalchuk or Marleau

Look for the Kings to make a push for Ilya Kovalchuk this summer, according to ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.

LeBrun says that the Kings are ready to make a splash on the free agent market and if they don't sign Kovalchuk, then San Jose's Patrick Marleau is a real possibility. Los Angeles has a solid young team that they will try to augment in a hurry with a big signing.

It will be an interesting summer in Hollywood.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/n...kings-woo-kovy

Damn if the Kings could get one of these 2 guys they would be great next year.

vCash
    Do it Dean, do it!!!!

vCash
    never believe anything from espn hockey lol they are the absolute worst for rumors. but the thing is it was already obvious before that we were after kovalchuk

vCash
    I hope they go for it but I wont believe it until I see it. This is the Kings we are talking about

vCash
    id go for marleau because he is more of a team player. in the playoffs for new jersey kolvakuck tried to do too much on his own so id be worried if he came to the kings, yes hed score goals but in the playoffs u need to do a little more than try to score all the time. i wouldnt complain but marleau would atleast be cheaper and he would look nice on brown smyth line

vCash
    Pierre LeBrun is actually a good source, I always trust what he has to say. Believe it or not, that was a great move by ESPN to hire him
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    great news

vCash
    ^ agreed

vCash
    Anybody have any updates on this rumor??

vCash
    marleau has been resigned, meaning kovalchuck is the only big name left, the leafs will go after him, but i think the kings have a better chance of getting him if he doesnt go to russia, but that might mean if the kings cant get him might have to look to resign frolov or look for a trade partner