Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reggie Bush

vCash

Reggie Bush

Is reggie bush really worth $8 million this year? Thats what the Saints are paying him. Kinda stupid if you ask me. He's a role player, a pretty good role player, but $8 million?? thats waaaay more than chris johnson is making. I don't wanna use the word "bust" because he definitely makes plays but I think the saints are just keeping him because he's a fan favorite, i dunno.
    I wonder how other QBs would do behind the Bear's oline and with their receivers.....Cutler is legit

vCash
    If he is a draw and fills seats then why don't keep him? I'm sure in one way or another he makes his money.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Yeah personally us non saints fans and the sensible saints fans would not pay him this much, but i would not call him a bust at all. Maybe disappointing when compared to what they thought he would do, but he is not exactly chopped liver either. I think Chris Johnson is underpaid but i went from loving this dude to not liking him at all this off-season. He had one great year, and has been solid since coming in... but he is showing diva signs already that tell me his future is going to be a roller coaster

vCash
    He also only scores when he is on the field. He has 30 plus TD's in his 2 yrs ( on field yrs ) cause he has been hurt for about half the time he has been in the league. If you ask me he is well worth the money. When he is on the field EVERYONE has tjo know where he is and account for him. He changes D gameplans and is explosive ( west coast sh-t ).

P.S. also he was'nt drafted to be a 20 plus carry guy. he did'nt do it in college and he is'nt gonna do it here. He is doin exactly what he was drafted for, which is make plays when the ball is in your hands.
    Last edited by usaintwinnin; 04-29-2010 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    he's not worth what he's paid, but he still deserves a spot on the team
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddot11003 View Post
    Is reggie bush really worth $8 million this year? Thats what the Saints are paying him. Kinda stupid if you ask me. He's a role player, a pretty good role player, but $8 million?? thats waaaay more than chris johnson is making. I don't wanna use the word "bust" because he definitely makes plays but I think the saints are just keeping him because he's a fan favorite, i dunno.
    nope 2 me hes kinda a bust hes a great return man and good change of pace back i thought he was gonna go for 1500 a yr but lucky if you get 800 out of him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsports2 View Post
    nope 2 me hes kinda a bust hes a great return man and good change of pace back i thought he was gonna go for 1500 a yr but lucky if you get 800 out of him
    Thats the problem everyone thinks cause he was drafted 1st rd he was gonna be this 20 carry guy. 30 plus td's in 2 yrs is pretty f'n good. HE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY.

vCash
    punt return TDs - 4 (two seasons with 0)

recieving TDs- 11

rushing TDs- 17

1940 career rushing yards in 52 games.

He has only missed 12 games in 4 years (which goes onto why he is over paid, injury prone.)

Total TD's over 4 years in 52 games played- 32

Chris Johnson has 26 all purpose tds and 3234 rushing yards in 31 games.

There is a lapse in payment here lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by usaintwinnin View Post
    Thats the problem everyone thinks cause he was drafted 1st rd he was gonna be this 20 carry guy. 30 plus td's in 2 yrs is pretty f'n good. HE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY.
    Hes played for four seasons... four injury plagued seasons. You can't pay a dude 8 million for playing 10 or 12 games a season.

Also he has never rushed more than 581 in his career.

http://www.nfl.com/players/reggiebus...s?id=BUS294963

check his stats before you try and say this two seasons bull and make him look better. hes mediocre at best but provides some good things for the organization. not a bust, not an 8 mil a season man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOMPSTOMPER View Post
    punt return TDs - 4 (two seasons with 0)

recieving TDs- 11

rushing TDs- 17

1940 career rushing yards in 52 games.

He has only missed 12 games in 4 years (which goes onto why he is over paid, injury prone.)

Total TD's over 4 years in 52 games played- 32

Chris Johnson has 26 all purpose tds and 3234 rushing yards in 31 games.

There is a lapse in payment here lol.
    He also only scores when he is on the field. He has 30 plus TD's in his 2 yrs ( on field yrs ) cause he has been hurt for about half the time he has been in the league. If you ask me he is well worth the money. When he is on the field EVERYONE has tjo know where he is and account for him. He changes D gameplans and is explosive ( west coast sh-t ).

P.S. also he was'nt drafted to be a 20 plus carry guy. he did'nt do it in college and he is'nt gonna do it here. He is doin exactly what he was drafted for, which is make plays when the ball is in your hands.

vCash
    and cj is'nt makin any money which is bull, but thats not the question. is reggie worth it and yes is the answer

vCash
    If I was Darren Sharper I would be pissed as hell knowing that Reggie is going to make $8M next year eventhough Sharper was much more instrumental in that championship run. That and he is currently unemployed.

vCash
    I dont wanna come off as saying that he's not good, he's really good. and I'll want him on my team but i'm just suprised that the saints didn't do what all NFL clubs do and ask him to "re-structure" his contract. But hey if he can get the money, by all means i'm not hating on him.
    I wonder how other QBs would do behind the Bear's oline and with their receivers.....Cutler is legit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by usaintwinnin View Post
    and cj is'nt makin any money which is bull, but thats not the question. is reggie worth it and yes is the answer

Reggie doesn't deserve 8 million a year. He isn't even a feature back, he is a role player, a deadly weapon, but they can trade him away and not really miss a beat. With Brew Brees under center, anybody can run better, safeties are playing pass most of the time. I dont think you pay 8 million to a running back that is useless up the middle.

vCash
    they did'nt ask him to restructure cause it does'nt matter since this is an uncapped yr.
    52 games and 32 td's. now someone posted that cj has 26 td's in 31 games. both are fantastic, but if you were to break down how many td's compared to how many touches each player got than reggie is producing more td's per touch than almost any player in the league.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast