Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Tom Delonge Leaves Blink 182 Again

Basically he had his ****ing manager send an email quitting the band, precisely the way he did almost exactly 10 years ago.

I know this forum's mostly rap but I'm sure some of you were Blink fans back in the day. They've been my favorite band forever and likely still will be. The album they cut after the reunion was pretty whatever but I saw them 4 times since they got back together in '09, including their first full concert back together at The Joint in Vegas... and they still put on a hell of a show.

I doubt they were ever going to recapture what they had from '99 through '04 but it was still cool to see them live every other year and I was actually looking forward to see how they'd continue to mature as a band entering their 40's. Delonge wants to work on his bull**** prog rock though so whatever, **** em.

Here's the link.

vCash
    He denied it, so who knows. I'm not a fan at all, so it doesn't make a difference to me either way, but this situation is pretty weird it sounds.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Any update on this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ichitownclowni View Post
    Any update on this?
    Here's an interview Rolling Stone just did with Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker about the whole thing: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...0150126?page=3

It's an interesting read for sure. Tom DeLonge pretty much sounds like an ***.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Here's an interview Rolling Stone just did with Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker about the whole thing: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...0150126?page=3

It's an interesting read for sure. Tom DeLonge pretty much sounds like an ***.
    That was interesting to say the least. People like that are the worst. Esspecially in music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Tom DeLonge pretty much sounds like an ***.
    Unfortunately he always has been, at least since 2004. Whiny, pretentious, entirely about himself...

It's somewhat of a relief to see the other two guys in the band finally just say "Alright enough of your ****", although it comes with the depressing side-effect of knowing the band will never be what they once were. But really, even in having gotten back together for 5 years they weren't really approaching what they once were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Unfortunately he always has been, at least since 2004. Whiny, pretentious, entirely about himself...

It's somewhat of a relief to see the other two guys in the band finally just say "Alright enough of your ****", although it comes with the depressing side-effect of knowing the band will never be what they once were. But really, even in having gotten back together for 5 years they weren't really approaching what they once were.
    At leats maybe they'll out out some damn music lol.

vCash
    Great songwriter though..

vCash
    I didn't even know they were actually a band still. I loved them in the Dude Ranch and Cheshire Cat days. Enema of the State was decent and I kinda started to lose interest after that when they started coming out with their more emotional stuff.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to listen to Dude Ranch now.
    I'm In.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Blink 182 is still a thing? Come to think of it why were they ever a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    ^^^^

vCash
    Cuz they were awesome?

vCash
    Man as much as I hate to agree with Ian on anything, Dude Ranch is near and dear to my childhood and greater musical development. It's a classic.

vCash
    blink is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I just found out that Matt Skiba is taking over for Tom.

Dafuq? Alkaline Trio was WAY better than Blink 182, IMO. They haven't been really anything to write home about for their last few albums but they were goddamn amazing. That's a really odd replacement for Tom.

Might as well just call the band by a different name.
    I'm In.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast