Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1022
    vCash
    Riggs signs in Bellator.

vCash
    Call me crazy, but for all the buildup to the Toronto card I am a little disappointed with the fights so far. Aside from the GSP fight, I think the card for 130 is far far more impressive. Randy vs Machida is still a joke to me, unless they are basing it on hoping Randy can collect a Canadian pension following the loss. The Hammil Davis fight IMO, on a card this huge, should be the first fight on the main card if that even. To me I am let down that Dana and co couldn't put on some more impressive / more important fights on this record setting event. One title fight and then a top 10 fighter fight, and a top 20 fighter fight. This card took a huge blow when Cain went down, and by the looks of it won't really recover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torontocubs View Post
    Call me crazy, but for all the buildup to the Toronto card I am a little disappointed with the fights so far. Aside from the GSP fight, I think the card for 130 is far far more impressive. Randy vs Machida is still a joke to me, unless they are basing it on hoping Randy can collect a Canadian pension following the loss. The Hammil Davis fight IMO, on a card this huge, should be the first fight on the main card if that even. To me I am let down that Dana and co couldn't put on some more impressive / more important fights on this record setting event. One title fight and then a top 10 fighter fight, and a top 20 fighter fight. This card took a huge blow when Cain went down, and by the looks of it won't really recover.
    It's a good card but I was really expecting three stunning fights. You have GSP/Shields, Couture/Machida and than I was thinking Wanderlei/Stann. But maybe they could add in a fight along the lines of Anthony Pettis vs Sean Sherk/Clay Guida. The winner of that fights for the title and Dunham/George S fighting for the next. If one of em' loses than Jim Miller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    It's a good card but I was really expecting three stunning fights. You have GSP/Shields, Couture/Machida and than I was thinking Wanderlei/Stann. But maybe they could add in a fight along the lines of Anthony Pettis vs Sean Sherk/Clay Guida. The winner of that fights for the title and Dunham/George S fighting for the next. If one of em' loses than Jim Miller.
    I don't care as much about stunning, as I care about meaningful. Sure I would like to watch exciting fights, but despite my biased love for GSP, his fights due to his skill level difference are rarely exciting. And Randy/Machida is neither meaningful nor does it have a recipe for being exciting. Then you have Hammil and Davis which all but guarantees a wrestling match, and I am just really let down. I like the the idea of seeing Wanderlei but I feel his importance at MW is next to nothing now a days, to me he is a favourite but irrelevant (2-4 last 6 fights).

I am really hoping something with the HW division is sorted out and bumped to this card. IMO though, the only way we would see JDS is for an interim shot against Brock, but by all indications Brock and Dana still haven't talked, and Brock hasn't been back to the gym since his loss to Cain, so this won't happen. Which also rules out Brock/Mir 3.

I don't get why they don't bump the Faber fight to this card.

vCash
    I don't care as much about stunning, as I care about meaningful. Sure I would like to watch exciting fights, but despite my biased love for GSP, his fights due to his skill level difference are rarely exciting. And Randy/Machida is neither meaningful nor does it have a recipe for being exciting. Then you have Hammil and Davis which all but guarantees a wrestling match, and I am just really let down. I like the the idea of seeing Wanderlei but I feel his importance at MW is next to nothing now a days, to me he is a favourite but irrelevant (2-4 last 6 fights).

I am really hoping something with the HW division is sorted out and bumped to this card. IMO though, the only way we would see JDS is for an interim shot against Brock, but by all indications Brock and Dana still haven't talked, and Brock hasn't been back to the gym since his loss to Cain, so this won't happen. Which also rules out Brock/Mir 3.

I don't think Wanderlei's going to win the championship at 185 LBS but he a contender. He beat Michael Bisping, who is a top 10 MW on many people's list. He nearly finished him twice. I think he can beat some top guys in the division.

Faber's not on this because at UFC 128 it gives him all the spotlight as the co-main event spot. Do you really think he'd be a main event, or co-main event with Couture/Machida and GSP on the card.

Davis/Hammil is a big fight for the LHW divsion as we'll see which fighter is ready for the next jump. If Davis wins he's the real deal, if Hammil wins he'll get a top ten LHW.

Bocek/Henderson is going to be ****ing exciting. It will be a fast paced match with plenty of action wherever the fight goes.

vCash

I think Aldo might get added to this card. He said his plan was to be back by May. April 30 isn't a stretch IMO. There will probably be at least one semi big to big fight added.

I think Davis/Hamill will be a vicious fight. Henderson/Bocek should be good. If Henderson can win decisively he could move up the UFC ranks since his fight with Pettis was pretty close.
    My favorite Mixed Martial Artist include...

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by swells2048 View Post
    I think Aldo might get added to this card. He said his plan was to be back by May. April 30 isn't a stretch IMO. There will probably be at least one semi big to big fight added.

I think Davis/Hamill will be a vicious fight. Henderson/Bocek should be good. If Henderson can win decisively he could move up the UFC ranks since his fight with Pettis was pretty close.
    Who would Aldo fight? I don't think he'll add up on this card.

vCash
    Almost all Canadian cards do. Just like NJ has a lot of guys from the area, UK cards have a lot of UK guys and other Europeans.
    It doesn't make me want to buy tickets.

They said they were going to treat this like the Superbowl of MMA and to this point this card is far from the Superbowl of MMA. I expected a card along the same lines as UFC 100.

Favourite UFC Fighters
    HW - Cain Velasquez
    LHW - Lyoto Machida
    MW - Vitor Belfort
    WW - Georges St-Pierre
    LW - Anthony Pettis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Who would Aldo fight? I don't think he'll add up on this card.
    He could fight Omigawa, Yamamoto or Hominick. Hominick has a fight on the 22nd, Omigawa on 2/5, and Yamamoto on 2/5 as well.

Mir, Overeem, Machida, Forest, Schafer, Carwin, Franklin, Bisping, Hughes, Maynard, Wiman, Lawler, B. Henderson, Njokuani, Swick, Brenneman, Torres, Grispi, Alvarez, Lombard, Santiago....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post

They said they were going to treat this like the Superbowl of MMA and to this point this card is far from the Superbowl of MMA. I expected a card along the same lines as UFC 100.
    More along the lines of what I was expecting as well. I live across the street from the Rogers Centre and had full intentions of sucking up the exorbitant cost for a card like that. But for this? Not a chance as is. My flat screen and ppv will do just fine if this card doesn't improve. If Aldo is there maybe I change my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post

I don't remember comments about it being the Superbowl of MMA but he did say it would be massive. But that may not have been about the fights on the card but how well the card would do. Plus the Fan Expo that weekend.

vCash
    He could fight Omigawa, Yamamoto or Hominick. Hominick has a fight on the 22nd, Omigawa on 2/5, and Yamamoto on 2/5 as well.
    I don't remember comments about it being the Superbowl of MMA but he did say it would be massive. But that may not have been about the fights on the card but how well the card would do. Plus the Fan Expo that weekend.
    Aldo vs. Hominick would keep with the Canadian theme and makes this card more appealing.

I don't even remember where I heard that. It may have been fan / media speculation. At this point the Fan Expo interests me more than the event itself.

Favourite UFC Fighters
    HW - Cain Velasquez
    LHW - Lyoto Machida
    MW - Vitor Belfort
    WW - Georges St-Pierre
    LW - Anthony Pettis

vCash
    I think there was general consensus or understanding that when the UFC would be smashing their live gate records, as well as cracking into one of the largest if not the largest MMA markets in the world, and thus the fight card would reflect it, similar to the significance that they put on the 100 event.

vCash
    The card would have been massive if they did Cain V JDS...werent they plannig that fight for then?

vCash
    Cruz is out for up to six months with surgery on his hand

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC...-Surgery-29316

Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast