Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Superstar? As a Yankees fan I wish everyone on the team was a superstar and I hope Gardner gets there. However I will be happy if he causes havoc on the bases, plays solid defense, and gets some timely hits while using his speed to get on base. I think he can be a solid player.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Giants99, between this, and your rediculous posts about the Giants you are one of the most biased, unrealistic fans I have ever seen.

And this is coming from a huge Yankees and Giants fan...

vCash
    Oh...

Gardner is turning into a legit player(hopefully). His ceiling is not high enough to become a superstar. Hopefully he hits .285, steals a bunch of bases, and provides good defense. I'd be happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    Brett Gardner's mom doesn't even think he's a superstar in the making

Superstar in the making? I don't know. MAYBE. I think it's more likely that he's just a very solid player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    He's slugging .438

Anyway, not a superstar, but he can be a damn good player. No reason he can't sit at .310/.390/.420 with very good defense in the future, just needs to keep improving.
    To his defense, the stats yesterday wouldn't portray it. He hit a HR against the Sox that made it pop up.

vCash
    Can we talk about Cano becoming a superstar? seems alot less far-fetched than Brett the Jett

I'm not even ALLOWED in THE ALCS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzito22 View Post
    meanwhile, somewhere in Boston, Ellsbury is hoping to someday be hitting as good as Brett Gardner.

Gardner's ceiling is a CF that could start on 20 other teams in the bigs... superstar is a major reach though.
    I just went to Ellsbury's baseball-reference page and someone has included the following:

"Almost as good as Brett Gardner"

I'd still say at this point Ellsbury > Gardner based on the fact that Ellsbury has two solid seasons under his belt.

vCash
    No, he does not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    He's slugging .438

Anyway, not a superstar, but he can be a damn good player. No reason he can't sit at .310/.390/.420 with very good defense in the future, just needs to keep improving.
    Yeah, whichever site I glanced at for his line apparently wasn't totally up to date.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanconMadness View Post
    Actually most people vote against yankee players. The only mainstays (that are voted in) are teix, and jeter. And possibly cano now. But other than that, no one else really gets voted in. And ARods problem last year means he won't be anymore either

And I doubt gardner ever hits over .285 (which for a 9th hitter is perfectly fine with me).

LOL actually you can't vote against players, you can only not vote for them. Yankees have a ton of haters, but also have a ton of fans. Yes we have more haters, but we also probably have more fans than any other team in baseball does.

By the way, 3 mainstays is alot, there are only 8 position players if you don't count the pitcher. So Cano, Tex and Jeter are alot of possible starters for an all-star game.

Gardner can be solid... Superstar, not so sure bout that, but hitting with other stars really help his chances im sure.
    Last edited by JonnyBrav000; 05-03-2010 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants99 View Post
    I think he is the next great Yankee center fielder.

He is batting 345 right now and has OBP north of 415. With his speed, that is outstanding. cause havok on the base paths. 10/11 stealing. All while playing stellar defense. And he has proven to be very clutch last season imo.

Really like this guy.
    No, Brett Gardner even knows he is no star in the making. He is fast, that is all. He will never make an All Star team. He is a 4th or 5th OF at best in his prime.

/thread

vCash
    ^ He is a legitimate starter, IMO. The question w/ him is if he will always be a sparkplug in the 9 hole or if he can be a decent leadoff option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Nope. I really don't think he'll even be a Yankee 3 years from now.

vCash
    Brett Gardner at best will be a very solid player.......not a superstar.

vCash
    I'm sorry, who is Brett Gardner again?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast