Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alabama

vCash

Alabama

OK heres the deal, I am brand new to college football, Iv only ever seen one full game (Alabama texas bowl game) and I have decided to support Alabama, so there are a few things I need to know, who are our rivals? who are our stars? especially since we lost alot of good players to the draft, who are my crimson brothers on PSD and where can I get good information about Bama?

look forward to hearing all about my new team

vCash
    translation: i saw a team win a national title and now i'm going to root for them. please tell me everything i need to know about my bandwagon jumping.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    BJ with the winner.

vCash
    To answer your question though, I'll try to give you everything I know...I'm a Canes fan, so I may not be 100%.

Biggest Rivals: Alabama and Tennessee

Stars: Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Marcel Dareus, Julio Jones

As far as info...twitter usually has some informative info on individual schools...I get a lot of Miami info from a fansite as well as a unofficial team board.

The scout free message boards are decent...but there are a lot of morons there.

vCash
    thanks for the help, and just to set the record straight it was the draftees that came out of alabama that made me like them and yes i caught them in the championship game (didnt actually realise it was a game anymore important than any of the bowl games but that doesnt matter) until the draft i always thought id be a Notre Dame fan, dunno why but they failed to grab my attention, Alabama did thats why im supporting them, it might be jumping on the bandwaggon but i will stick with them through high times and low times, im a dedicated fan once iv chosen a team.

vCash
    Alabama is a much better choice than Notre Dame...no matter how good/bad Bama happens to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    To answer your question though, I'll try to give you everything I know...I'm a Canes fan, so I may not be 100%.

Biggest Rivals: Alabama and Tennessee

Stars: Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Marcel Dareus, Julio Jones

As far as info...twitter usually has some informative info on individual schools...I get a lot of Miami info from a fansite as well as a unofficial team board.

The scout free message boards are decent...but there are a lot of morons there.
    You meant Auburn for biggest rivals, not Alabama. http://www.tidefans.com/forums/crimson-tide-sports/

Those forums are usually pretty good. I go to the University and I often listen to local sports talk radio. I just became a fan a little more than a year ago and I've learned a lot especially by living here in Tuscaloosa and attending Alabama sporting events.

vCash
    Yes, Auburn. My bad.

vCash
    my Tennesse Vols are you're biggest rival, and Auburn.............but alot of people think our biggest if fla. but in reality, Bama and UT have one of the longest and most respected rivalries in CFB, all UT fans respect the hell out of Bama and their fans, and we all HATE fla

vCash
    I thought Tennesse's rivals were Ole Miss or am I just completely wrong on this one?

Thanks for the info guys you've been a great help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WillUKVikes View Post
    I thought Tennesse's rivals were Ole Miss or am I just completely wrong on this one?

Thanks for the info guys you've been a great help
    Ya, you were waaay off, if i had to list in order UT's rivals would be: Bama, Flal., Georgia, Vandy, KY, south carolina, LSU, auburn, arkansas, MSU and OLE MISS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinbalkman32 View Post
    my Tennesse Vols are you're biggest rival, and Auburn.............but alot of people think our biggest if fla. but in reality, Bama and UT have one of the longest and most respected rivalries in CFB, all UT fans respect the hell out of Bama and their fans, and we all HATE fla
    I was at the UT-'Bama game last year in Tuscaloosa. I've never heard Bryant-Denny stadium get so loud than the moments after Terrence Cody blocked the Field Goal at the end of the game.

So it's Fock you, Rocky Top (WOO!) Go to hell, Tennessee!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SATX_2K7 View Post
    I was at the UT-'Bama game last year in Tuscaloosa. I've never heard Bryant-Denny stadium get so loud than the moments after Terrence Cody blocked the Field Goal at the end of the game.

So it's Fock you, Rocky Top (WOO!) Go to hell, Tennessee!
    and MOST bama fans are respectful as well...........as this guy obviously isn't

vCash
    Nothing disrespectful about singing your "fight song". lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SATX_2K7 View Post
    Nothing disrespectful about singing your "fight song". lol
    O you mean kinda like in the mide 90's through the mid 2000's when VOL fans would sing "we own alabama" O ok, i'm with you now, Bama fan's are so damn arrogant and, haven't done anything in CFB for the better part of 2 decades, get lucky one yr. and when theyr'e 87th national title ( depending on which bama fan you ask) and think they're this huge juggernaut, when the fact remains, that even last season, with our putrid offense, you still needed a blocked FG to beat us........all I got to say, is i'll halla at you come the 3rd week of October SON
    Last edited by ballinbalkman32; 05-28-2010 at 07:48 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast