Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some Interesting current college football facts

Just some I read on a site today

Alabama hasn't trailed in regulation after the 1st quarter since losing to Auburn in 2010.

Gene Chizik is 22-31 as a head coach without Cam Newton and 14-0 with Cam Newton.

LSU has won 26 games in a row in the months of August/September the most in FBS.

Zach Mettenberger has completed more than 50 percent of his passes thrown 15 yards or more downfield in three straight games. Mettenberger is the first LSU quarterback to accomplish this feat in the past four seasons. Under Les Miles LSU is undefeated when they complete more than 50 percent of their throws of 15 yards or more.

Going back to last season only 24.7% of the time does LSU send more than 5 rushers after the quarterback.

Florida has started off 3-0 for 8 years in a row which is tops in FBS

Miss State is off to the best start in school history since 1965 at 4-0. And they have Kentucky, Tennessee and Middle Tennessee for their next 3 games.

Kerry Collins in 1995 was the last Big 10 quarterback to get drafted in the 1st round.

Marcus Mariota

Teams this year are 0-0 on Tuesdays... shocking

JUSTISE FOR MIAMI

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Just some I read on a site today

Alabama hasn't trailed in regulation after the 1st quarter since losing to Auburn in 2010.

Gene Chizik is 22-31 as a head coach without Cam Newton and 14-0 with Cam Newton.

LSU has won 26 games in a row in the months of August/September the most in FBS.

Zach Mettenberger has completed more than 50 percent of his passes thrown 15 yards or more downfield in three straight games. Mettenberger is the first LSU quarterback to accomplish this feat in the past four seasons. Under Les Miles LSU is undefeated when they complete more than 50 percent of their throws of 15 yards or more.

Going back to last season only 24.7% of the time does LSU send more than 5 rushers after the quarterback.

Florida has started off 3-0 for 8 years in a row which is tops in FBS

Miss State is off to the best start in school history since 1965 at 4-0. And they have Kentucky, Tennessee and Middle Tennessee for their next 3 games.

Kerry Collins in 1995 was the last Big 10 quarterback to get drafted in the 1st round.
    As much as I'd love to say that Chizik is the worst coach ever what was Urban Meyer's record at UF without Tebow on the roster? (17-8 it interested me too much, had to look it up)

LSU and Florida have played some solid opponents early the last few years but for the most part I'm not impressed with programs records in September. A lot of schools don't even play competitive football till October.

That's hilarious that the Big Ten hasn't had a QB drafted in the first round in 17 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    As much as I'd love to say that Chizik is the worst coach ever what was Urban Meyer's record at UF without Tebow on the roster? (17-8 it interested me too much, had to look it up)

LSU and Florida have played some solid opponents early the last few years but for the most part I'm not impressed with programs records in September. A lot of schools don't even play competitive football till October.

That's hilarious that the Big Ten hasn't had a QB drafted in the first round in 17 years.
    Florida hasn't played a non-conference game out of state in more than two decades. Not impressed.

True but Tebow wasn't much of a factor his freshman year, got some clean up time but mostly by the goal line and clean up work. He wasn't a big factor. Meyer when Tebow wasnt a starter 30-8. don't really think there is any comparison between Chizik and Meyer lol Chizik is just a bad coach

Oh. And Notre Dame has had 1 quarterbacks in the first round Quarterback since 1995. Brady Quinn. Not exactly something to brag about

When 1 school outproduces a major conference...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    I don't know, Tom Brady seems to have worked out pretty good for not being a 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Florida hasn't played a non-conference game out of state in more than two decades. Not impressed.
    yawn

included in the first 3 games every season for UF is one of their biggest rivals, UT. half of those 8 years, they had to play in neyland stadium, which is one of the largest and loudest places to play in CFB.

this year, their 2nd and 3rd games of the season were on the road against TA&M (in their first-ever SEC game) and UT.

but, yeah, the fact that they haven't played an out-of-conference game outside FL is certainly more telling than, say, the fact that they annually play LSU, FSU, UGA and USC, and also rotate in Bama every few seasons. not to mention, most major programs play 2 cupcakes at home to start the season, so it would be hard for them to play out of state when they're playing IN THEIR OWN STADIUM...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    Yep. Produced one bust

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    yawn

included in the first 3 games every season for UF is one of their biggest rivals, UT. half of those 8 years, they had to play in neyland stadium, which is one of the largest and loudest places to play in CFB.

this year, their 2nd and 3rd games of the season were on the road against TA&M (in their first-ever SEC game) and UT.

but, yeah, the fact that they haven't played an out-of-conference game outside FL is certainly more telling than, say, the fact that they annually play LSU, FSU, UGA and USC, and also rotate in Bama every few seasons. not to mention, most major programs play 2 cupcakes at home to start the season, so it would be hard for them to play out of state when they're playing IN THEIR OWN STADIUM...
    Make sure you distinguish the real USC that wins national championships from the one you guys play!

If Florida were to travel across country and beat the real USC in Los Angeles, that would impress me!
    Last edited by desertrat218; 09-28-2012 at 07:18 PM.

I disagree about the Tebow part. Look at what Florida brought in for freshman as a whole in 2006. The 2009 seniors had a great chance of winning 3 national championships because those teams as a whole were so ****ing good. Hernandez, Harvin, Spikes to name a few of the players that were apart of those teams.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Please don't....

Gene Chizik

2007 Iowa State 3-9
    2008 Iowa State 2-10
    2009 Auburn 8-5
    2010 Auburn 14-0
    2011 Auburn 8-5
    2012 Auburn 1-3

Iowa State wins by season from 2000-current with the ones Chizik coached in bold

Tommy Tuberville was the head coach at Auburn prior to Chizik and out of 10 seasons they won 9+ games 6 times and won the SEC West 5 times. And they ran him out of town after 1 bad season.

Urban Meyer

2001 Bowling Green 8-3
    2002 Bowling Green 9-3
    2003 Utah 10-2
    2004 Utah 12-0
    2005 Florida 9-3
    2006 Florida 13-1
    2007 Florida 9-4
    2008 Florida 13-1
    2009 Florida 13-1
    2010 Florida 8-5
    2012 Ohio State 4-0

Bowling Green won 19 games the 5 seasons prior to Urban Meyer taking over and in just 2 seasons he won 17 games. They went from 2-9 to 8-3 his first season.

Utah was 33-24 the 5 seasons prior to Urban Meyer. He was there 2 seasons and went 22-2.

Florida was 23-15 under Ron Zook. Urban Meyer takes over and goes 65-15 and wins 2 National Championships.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 09-29-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Please don't....

Gene Chizik

2007 Iowa State 3-9
    2008 Iowa State 2-10
    2009 Auburn 8-5
    2010 Auburn 14-0
    2011 Auburn 8-5
    2012 Auburn 1-3

Iowa State wins by season from 2000-current with the ones Chizik coached in bold

Tommy Tuberville was the head coach at Auburn prior to Chizik and out of 10 seasons they won 9+ games 6 times and won the SEC West 5 times. And they ran him out of town after 1 bad season.

Urban Meyer

2001 Bowling Green 8-3
    2002 Bowling Green 9-3
    2003 Utah 10-2
    2004 Utah 12-0
    2005 Florida 9-3
    2006 Florida 13-1
    2007 Florida 9-4
    2008 Florida 13-1
    2009 Florida 13-1
    2010 Florida 8-5
    2012 Ohio State 4-0

Bowling Green won 19 games the 5 seasons prior to Urban Meyer taking over and in just 2 seasons he won 17 games. They went from 2-9 to 8-3 his first season.

Utah was 33-24 the 5 seasons prior to Urban Meyer. He was there 2 seasons and went 22-2.

Florida was 23-15 under Ron Zook. Urban Meyer takes over and goes 65-15 and wins 2 National Championships.
    Hahahaha. I was just trying to point out that it takes special players to win NC's or to win a lot of games in general. I wasn't really being serious with the Chizik/Meyer comparison. Thanks for the research though.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    Teams this year are 0-0 on Tuesdays... shocking
    mind blowing
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    We play Florida State every year. If we didn't, I'm sure we'd schedule some fun games like some of the other SEC teams do every year.

Georgia's game last year against Boise State was a rarity because they play Georgia Tech every year.

Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    I disagree about the Tebow part. Look at what Florida brought in for freshman as a whole in 2006. The 2009 seniors had a great chance of winning 3 national championships because those teams as a whole were so ****ing good. Hernandez, Harvin, Spikes to name a few of the players that were apart of those teams.
    2009:

Joe Haden (Browns), Carlos Dunlap (Bengals), David Nelson (Bills), Major Wright (Bears), Janoris Jenkins (Rams), Maurkice Pouncey (Steelers), Mike Pouncey (Phins), and Marcus Gilbert (Steelers) are all starting in the NFL.

Riley Cooper (Eagles), Chris Rainey (Steelers), Ahmad Black (Bucs), Jermaine Cunningham (Pats), and Jeff Demps (Pats) are also in the league but are playing lesser roles/injured. Then there's Tebow of course.

Three fourths of that secondary is starting in the league as are three members (four if you count Hernandez) of the offensive line.

When you look at it that way, it's kind of embarrassing we didn't win the whole thing again in 2009.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast