Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Welcome to the forums. Have you been able to keep up with the games over there? It's pretty cool that you saw them from the beginning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Welcome to the forums. Have you been able to keep up with the games over there? It's pretty cool that you saw them from the beginning.
    Thanks. Yeah, NBALP, p2p streams and torrents keep me online, I've missed only 2 games thus far. Now I'm awaiting the tipoff vs Spurs. It will last till around 4 am local time and after all I will have a meeting with my boss in the morning

Go Celtics!!!

vCash
    We have a decent amount of international fans. There was a guy earlier this season who also said he was at the London game. He had a pretty cool post about his experience, but it was a while back now.

Welcome.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Location- Figueira da Foz, Portugal
    Favorite Current Celtic- Paul Pierce
    Favorite Former Celtic- Larry Bird
    Best Celtics Memory- 2007/2008 season
    Other NBA Teams You Root For- Anyone playing the Wizards
    Other Sports Teams You Root For- Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Last edited by Faneik; 09-01-2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: CHAMPIONS BABY!!!

vCash
    Location? Holcomb, Kansas
    Favorite Current Celtic? Pierce and Rondo, begining to form a man crush on Leon Powe
    Favorite Former Celtic? Can't pick just one
    Best Celtics Memory? Ill prolly take crap for this one lol but I used to love it when Antoine would do the shimmy haha
    Other NBA Teams You Root For? Pretty much any team that has drafted an ex-Jayhawk... besides Miami they done my boy Simien wrong
    Other Sports Teams You Root For? First off.... ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, I also like the KC Chiefs, and the up and coming Royals. The Avs are my fav. NHL team. and other than KU I just love to watch College sports.

vCash
    Welcome to the Forum

vCash
    Location? Boston
    Favorite Current Celtic? Paul Pierce
    Favorite Former Celtic? Antoine Walker
    Best Celtics Memory? when pierce and toine, battie, kenny and so on were in the playoffs a while back
    Other NBA Teams You Root For? wizards, golden state
    Other Sports Teams You Root For? Pats, Red sox, bruin, cleveland indians

vCash
    Welcome to the Celtics forum!

Be sure to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

vCash
    Location - Bedford, New Hampshire
    Favorite Current Celtic - Ray Allen
    Favorite Former Celtic - Gerald Green
    Best Celtics Memory - I got 2: Milt Palacio's half court steal and shot to win the game against the nets, and Gerald Green's off the backboard dunk.
    Other NBA Teams You Root For - Whatever team Gerald Green is on, so right now nobody.
    Other Sports Teams You Root For - All Boston area teams, only rooting for the Lakers b/c it will be fun to see Celts vs. Lakers in the finals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard CELT View Post
    Location - Bedford, New Hampshire
    Favorite Current Celtic - Ray Allen
    Favorite Former Celtic - Gerald Green
    Best Celtics Memory - I got 2: Milt Palacio's half court steal and shot to win the game against the nets, and Gerald Green's off the backboard dunk.
    Other NBA Teams You Root For - Whatever team Gerald Green is on, so right now nobody.
    Other Sports Teams You Root For - All Boston area teams, only rooting for the Lakers b/c it will be fun to see Celts vs. Lakers in the finals.
    This was Pitinos final win as a Celtic coach and I have to say it is one of my favorite moments also.

Welcome to the forum, nice to see a fellow NH poster.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Location-
    Initially: RI; Lately: MA
    Favorite Current Celtic(s)-
    Pierce / Rondo (hard to choose right now)
    Favorite Former Celtic(s)-
    that dude from French Lick, and Dave Cowens
    Best Celtics Memory-
    ON TV: The 1991 Pacers-Celtics playoff series, Game 5. The Rifleman vs. Bird. Larry hits the parquet hard, diving for a loose ball, and exits to the locker room in the 2nd quarter. He did not show up on the bench for the 3rd period, but later in the quarter, he comes jogging out of the tunnel to what I consider the loudest I've ever recalled hearing the old Garden. It was insane.
    IN PERSON: The 2002 Eastern Finals comeback game against the Nets. My dad wanted to leave the game early in the 4th, as it looked like a blowout, but I said no way, we're staying. Lucky us.
    Other NBA Teams You Root For- T-Wolves
    Other Sports Teams You Root For- Bruins

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash

Long time Celtics fan

I grew up in Boston and went to a bunch of Celtics games with my Dad, back when it was "the Garden."

Now I'm living in DC, but I will be visiting my parents this winter and would love to go to a game with them. How hard is it to get tickets for the games these days? I'm hoping not as hard as getting Sox tickets. If they are tough to get, how far ahead should I reserve them?

vCash
    Favorite Players: Cowens, DJ, Bird, Havlicek, KG
    Fan Since: 1966

Used to have seasons tickets in the early Bird years. Second Balcony, 2nd row, about 2 feet inside the front of the basket on the bench side. Those were way better then any seat in the Garden now outside of the first 15 rows or so.

Greatest Series of all time in any sport IMO is the comeback against the 76'ers down 3-1. Bar None. 76'ers were a Championship caliber team all the way.

Other notes:

-- I bothered Dave Cowens endlessly in '72-73 to play 1 on 1, but he never would. He lived in an apartment complex in Waltham just a 1/4 mile away from me, and washed his own clothes in the local laundromat. So I would keep bumping into him on purpose, but he never bit - he would have crushed me BTW.

-- I played against Ronnie Lee in High School (briefly)

-- I played against Pat Ewing for a few minutes around '78 or so in a secret scrimmage, and wished I hadn't - man was he great.

-- I played against Tiny and Duerod in the early 80's at Boston City Hospital a few times

-- I played against Phil Jackson in upstate NY in '87. We were the same height as me but I was stronger and faster, but he was sharp as a tack and very dirty.

-- Nowadays I just hack around the driveway (can't do more then walk due to my heart), and coach my sons travel teams (good all around players)

Other teams: none, all enemies...
    Other players: Hakeem (the best C of all time - sorry Bill)

In fact my 12 man squad to go up against any other team of all time (todays style of play, speed, etc, IE no Cousey or Mikan is going to make it):

C Hakeem, Walton (for the big muscle centers)
    PF: Duncan, KG (may play some 5 when needed), McHale (for the true low post scoring when needed)
    SF: Bird, James
    PG: Magic, Stockton
    SG: Jordan, Kobe
    DSF/DSG: Michael Cooper
    Last edited by bagwell368; 05-09-2008 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    yea i really dont like the New England area cuz the teams try too hard (patriots red socks celtics) but Kevin Garnett played for minnesota so i like him

vCash
    The teams try too hard? How is that a bad thing..?

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast