Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rondo trade?

vCash

Rondo trade?

I for one am ok moving Rondo but only if it gets us a lottery pick in 2014. This draft will be great and the celts need to retool. I do not think Rondo is the type of player who can carry a team on his own. Without pierce, garnett, allen to put the ball in the hands of, Rondo won't be as good. That's if he can come back the same as before.

Currently, the knicks don't have a draft pick so we need to figure out another team to pull in. I'd love to make a Kings move involving a draft pick and Jimmer F to the celts. Knicks get Rondo and the Kings get Wallace, Shumpert, and Chandler

Give the celts three draft picks and Jimmer who is lost on the bench but awesome. A draft with Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Randle, Embiid if not other future stars. The celts need to get in big time. The next Pierce, Walker thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydady View Post
    I for one am ok moving Rondo but only if it gets us a lottery pick in 2014.
    Pipe dream. No team working for a future will hand away a shot at a future for a player 4 years into his decline with mounting injury issues, and no proven leadership skills.

Currently, the knicks don't have a draft pick so we need to figure out another team to pull in. I'd love to make a Kings move involving a draft pick and Jimmer F to the celts. Knicks get Rondo and the Kings get Wallace, Shumpert, and Chandler

Give the celts three draft picks and Jimmer who is lost on the bench but awesome. A draft with Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Randle, Embiid if not other future stars. The celts need to get in big time. The next Pierce, Walker thing
    Jimmer is on the bench because Jimmer isn't even a mediocre NBA player. He's barely average offensively and he's brutal beyond almost all measure on D.

Walker? He's a meat head. I can see wishing for Billups or Johnson, but not Walker.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Pipe dream. No team working for a future will hand away a shot at a future for a player 4 years into his decline with mounting injury issues, and no proven leadership skills.

Jimmer is on the bench because Jimmer isn't even a mediocre NBA player. He's barely average offensively and he's brutal beyond almost all measure on D.

Walker? He's a meat head. I can see wishing for Billups or Johnson, but not Walker.
    Earlier today Gasper was pumping that Rondo's value would be highest on draft night. If the Kings are truly interested and say they end up with the 6th pick they could then offer that to us only once the draft order is set.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chomaru View Post
    Earlier today Gasper was pumping that Rondo's value would be highest on draft night. If the Kings are truly interested and say they end up with the 6th pick they could then offer that to us only once the draft order is set.
    That would be the owners call, no GM would deal a 6th pick in this draft for Rondo - unless they were able to palm off long term contract garbage and end up with our best '14 pick (say #18) - then it could work out, but with no pick going back? Can't see it.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    If the Kings continue to struggle and don't make the playoffs, and re-sign Gay if he opts out then there is a possibility of Rondo/draft night trade with them...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    That would be the owners call, no GM would deal a 6th pick in this draft for Rondo - unless they were able to palm off long term contract garbage and end up with our best '14 pick (say #18) - then it could work out, but with no pick going back? Can't see it.
    The Kings are so desperate under new ownership that they might just do that.

vCash
    Two words that probably give every NBA GM cold sweats, New Arena. Third party developers start creeping in and the next thing you know your having discussions about how Rondo would be the perfect "face of the franchise". In the words of Mel Brooks "Rondo the lunchbox! Rondo the toilet-paper!". Sacramento would probably have a few other choices though if they make the pick available, Westbrook comes to mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chomaru View Post
    Two words that probably give every NBA GM cold sweats, New Arena. Third party developers start creeping in and the next thing you know your having discussions about how Rondo would be the perfect "face of the franchise". In the words of Mel Brooks "Rondo the lunchbox! Rondo the toilet-paper!". Sacramento would probably have a few other choices though if they make the pick available, Westbrook comes to mind.
    Starting to think Westbrook is close to being damaged goods...

Hopefully Rondo comes back healthy and at least stays healthy...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Starting to think Westbrook is close to being damaged goods...

Hopefully Rondo comes back healthy and at least stays healthy...
    Yeah I think you're right, the triple play on his knee and that 80 mill extension is probably the cherry on top making him close to impossible to move in the near future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    The Kings are so desperate under new ownership that they might just do that.
    I'm all for Cali owners making deals, look at how BB ripped off Al Davis. Just like gambling on your own team - if you're emotionally involved it's a big mistake. Let DA take him for all he can.

vCash
    I like McLemore a lot...

vCash
    The sooner we realize Rondo is going nowhere the better. Like many of you I was open to the idea of trading Rondo for the greener grass of the NBA lottery or pieces that would help jump start a "rebuild"...but that's just not the case anymore. Rondo never tears his ACL and odds are he's shipped out of town along with Doc/KG/PP, but the turn of events after the injury has opened up perhaps a new path towards contending. The fact he has a great relationship with the new head coach, has demonstrated himself as the leader of the team, is one of the premier talents in the NBA at any position, and WANTS to be in Boston...all leave Danny Ainge inclined to see how this marriage between he/Rondo/Stevens could work. The only way Rondo is traded is if the C's are made an offer they can't refuse, and that may only be possible on draft night if at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skeemz617 View Post
    The sooner we realize Rondo is going nowhere the better. Like many of you I was open to the idea of trading Rondo for the greener grass of the NBA lottery or pieces that would help jump start a "rebuild"...but that's just not the case anymore. Rondo never tears his ACL and odds are he's shipped out of town along with Doc/KG/PP, but the turn of events after the injury has opened up perhaps a new path towards contending. The fact he has a great relationship with the new head coach, has demonstrated himself as the leader of the team, is one of the premier talents in the NBA at any position, and WANTS to be in Boston...all leave Danny Ainge inclined to see how this marriage between he/Rondo/Stevens could work. The only way Rondo is traded is if the C's are made an offer they can't refuse, and that may only be possible on draft night if at all.
    I would hold off on facts until we see Rondo in uniform taking orders from Steven's...

Not to be a wisea**, but if they have a great relationship now, then how could their marriage possibly fail...???

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    The sooner we realize Rondo is going nowhere the better. Like many of you I was open to the idea of trading Rondo for the greener grass of the NBA lottery or pieces that would help jump start a "rebuild"...but that's just not the case anymore. Rondo never tears his ACL and odds are he's shipped out of town along with Doc/KG/PP, but the turn of events after the injury has opened up perhaps a new path towards contending. The fact he has a great relationship with the new head coach,
    What? Just because the Coach and Rondo play smoochie face for the media it doesn't mean in the heat of games that it will stand up.

History with every Coach Rondo has had starting with college shows that he's stubborn and uncoachable.

My belief is that since the Coach doesn't have Doc's reputation he won't be able to afford to have the senior guy on the team flaunting his rules and his way - and he'll snap down. We all know that Rondo doesn't take to criticism at all well - remember how whiny he got when he got mentioned in trades by DA, and called out for being uncoachable by doc?

has demonstrated himself as the leader of the team, is one of the premier talents in the NBA at any position,
    Rondo in the past 4 seasons has been below the top 10 PG's overall in the NBA on average - outting him out of the top 50 players in the NBA. What premier talent? That was 2008-2010 - those years seem over with.

Leader? Maybe by default. Last year when everyone was at pains saying he was the leader, KG was still the unquestioned leader of that team, with PP as the side kick. This year Rondo isn't playing. How that makes him the leader outside of years served I can't see.

Last time Rondo played he led the Celts to five straight loses and his stewardship of the offense was lacking in energy and results - dispelled at once when Barbosa took over and led the Celts to a much more productive offense and 7 wins in a row.

and WANTS to be in Boston...
    How do you arrive at this? Because he said so in front of a mic? I'd like to know what he says to his pals, and you don't know either - so I'm afraid this claim is baseless.

all leave Danny Ainge inclined to see how this marriage between he/Rondo/Stevens could work. The only way Rondo is traded is if the C's are made an offer they can't refuse, and that may only be possible on draft night if at all.
    Inclined? There isn't really a choice. Rondo has to be proven healthy before anything can happen. We may have to live with him this year and maybe next - since the NBA is loaded with talented PG's. Really, why would a team overpay for damaged goods?.

If we extend this declining and oft injured player to some mega deal just add those years + 3 more to the amount of years that have to pass before we can possibly win a title. Rondo cannot bring a title here as a top 3 player, and if we fork over too much money, there is no way we can get and maintain 3 such players.

Rondo is an anti Celtic - complete with whining, emotionally immature outbursts, erratic effort, taking games off - sometimes in bunches. He's no Russell, Havlicek, Cowens, Bird, or KG in terms of leadership - or being a Celtic - he isn't even close.

People that call him a leader must not have been Celtic fans that go back anywhere near as long as some of us here, but came on board in 2007-2008 - or perhaps the ECF Pierce/Walker team. KG and PP are the only clear leaders in that time frame. I don't understand the confusion with ranking Rondo in that company unless its wishful thinking. Outside of his tenure and occasional playoff out bursts he has proven nothing in terms of leadership.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-31-2013 at 08:34 AM.

vCash
    I believe with the bolded part you have it correct.

If Rondo hadn't of torn his ACL... well, I think it possible PP, KG and Doc are still in Boston. Not that I would have liked that. I thought PP was pretty much done 2 years ago and KG has been hanging on by a thread even longer than that.

I do believe Rondo can be a leader now that KG and to a lesser extent PP are out of Boston. I don't think people appreciate how much he deferred, and rightfully so, to KG and to a lesser extent PP. It was the right thing, if in an old school way, to do. And old school is what Rondo is in many ways, including his on-court game and demeanor. I really, really like that about him.

Can he mesh with Stevens and fit into Stevens system? I am incredibly impressed with the Stevens / Crawford dynamics. If Stevens and Rondo can achieve together to the same degree, Boston will have something special.

I am anxious to see Rondo return. I think the time off to rehab the knee will have also provided time for other injuries to fully heal. We could well see a renewed / refreshed Rondo. A constant worry with Rondo will remain how hard he plays and his ability to play through injuries 99% of players would sit out because of. His career will be shortened because of his toughness and ability to play through injury - in my mind, this should be and likely will be, the determining factor if Rondo is eventually dealt.

And as I have said all along, DAnny needs to find an elite 2 guard to team with Green and Sully to maximize Rondo's abilities. It's why (along with his contract situation) that I believe Bradley is more likely to be dealt than Rondo is.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast