Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

General Draft Discussion Thread

Making a separate thread for discussion specific to the NBA draft. Evaluating specific prospects or trying to mock what other teams will do can go in here. Obviously will be some carryover in discussions of what we want to do in FA (i.e. making an offseason plan that involves trades) but just want a separate thread for more general discussion that doesn't relate specifically to our offseason.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    2 hours ago via Twitter PompeyOnSixers

Keith Pompey: The #Sixers have workouts scheduled for every top prospect besides Markelle Fultz and Lonzo Ball. Fultz will only workout for #BostonCeltics

I love it...
    It's not too often when a non-Celtic is showing love for the C's... HaHa league...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I'm really curious how the rest of the top 10 goes.

Do the Lakers take Ball at #2? If not do they go Fox or Jackson?

Would PHI take Ball if he falls? Jackson seems like he'd be the top player otherwise but do they like the fit of Monk better?

PHX doesn't really have any roster fit questions with needs at both PG and SF. Whoever they like best of Fox/Ball/Tatum/Jackson will be their pick (of the ones left obviously). I think they'll take Jackson if PHI does pass on him for Monk.

SAC at #5 is kind of in the same boat. Whichever of Ball/Fox/Jackson/Tatum will be the pick. If PHI reaches for Monk though they have to make a choice. And who they pick here could affect #10 (i.e. if they draft a PG here do they pass on Ntkilina or Dennis Smith at #10 even if they're the best player on their board?).

ORL at #6 has a ton of players on the roster but no one that's really a building block. maybe Aaron Gordon. Do they take a PG? Do they take a combo forward like Isaac if they love his upside. Monk as the top scorer would fit their biggest need of putting up points but is the best overall player?

MIN at #7 could take a PG if they move Rubio. I think they'll go Isaac if he's there but if not they go Markkanen as a stretch 4 next to Towns. But is there a PG they like will be the big question to throw a wrench into that?

NY at #8 seems to be in a BPA spot because they're rebuilding but lack young talent everywhere except the front court. Phil is kind of a quirky drafter though so could he throw a curve ball (Donovan Mitchell or Justin Jackson drafted higher than expected)?

DAL at #9 seems locked in on a PG but one of the front court guys (Collins, Markkanen) could be in play too I'd think.

SAC at #10 is interesting. If they don't get a PG at #5 you'd think that they definitely do here. Otherwise, could go in a couple different directions. Zach Collins and Justin Jackson fit.

i hope Ball ends up in Sacramento or Minnesota so we'll never hear from Lavar again lol

1. Fultz - no brainer
    2. Ball - still think he ends up there
    3. Monk - They need shooter around Simmons
    4. Jackson - need a SF on the guard heavy roster
    5. Tatum - It's the kings so who knows but they need a scorer
    6. Fox - They should take BPA
    7. Markkanen - add a shooting big next to Towns
    8. Frank Nit... - could see Phil going to a international PG to run the triangle
    9. Isaac- could go for pg but see them going for and athletic wing(go for a FA pg)
    10. Smith - Kings need a PG also
    Last edited by CELTICS4LYFE; 06-06-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    1. Fultz - no brainer
    2. Ball - still think he ends up there
    3. Monk - They need shooter around Simmons
    4. Jackson - need a SF on the guard heavy roster
    5. Tatum - It's the kings so who knows but they need a scorer
    6. Fox - They should take BPA
    7. Markkanen - add a shooting big next to Towns
    8. Frank Nit... - could see Phil going to a international PG to run the triangle
    9. Isaac- could go for pg but see them going for and athletic wing(go for a FA pg)
    10. Smith - Kings need a PG also
    I would love for that to happen... Lauri and Frank sliding into top 8... Maybe DA had a reason for working out Isaac...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

I have...

1. Celtics - Fultz
    2. Lakers - Ball
    3. 76ers - Tatum
    4. Suns - Jackson
    5. Kings - Fox

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    i hope Ball ends up in Sacramento or Minnesota so we'll never hear from Lavar again lol
    I hope he goes to the Lakers and the Celtics/Lakers rivalry gets renewed with all the new talent the teams are acquiring.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    I would feel bad for Thibs...

Reggie Lewis

I have this so far:

1. Celtics - Markelle Fultz
    2. Lakers - Lonzo Ball
    3. 76ers - Josh Jackson
    4. Suns - De'Aaron Fox
    5. Kings - Jayson Tatum
    6. Magic - Dennis Smith Jr
    7. Minnesota - Malik Monk
    8. Knicks - Jonathan Issac
    9. Mavericks - Lauri Markkanen
    10. Kings - Frank Ntilikina
    11. Hornets - Zach Collins
    12. Pistons - Jarrett Allen
    13. Nuggets - John Collins
    14. Heat - TJ Leaf

After 10 things could get interesting for sure. I could see Ferguson, Mitchell, Kennard or Jackson all in there as well, or lots of trades.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I'm really curious how the rest of the top 10 goes.

Do the Lakers take Ball at #2? If not do they go Fox or Jackson?

Would PHI take Ball if he falls? Jackson seems like he'd be the top player otherwise but do they like the fit of Monk better?

PHX doesn't really have any roster fit questions with needs at both PG and SF. Whoever they like best of Fox/Ball/Tatum/Jackson will be their pick (of the ones left obviously). I think they'll take Jackson if PHI does pass on him for Monk.

SAC at #5 is kind of in the same boat. Whichever of Ball/Fox/Jackson/Tatum will be the pick. If PHI reaches for Monk though they have to make a choice. And who they pick here could affect #10 (i.e. if they draft a PG here do they pass on Ntkilina or Dennis Smith at #10 even if they're the best player on their board?).

ORL at #6 has a ton of players on the roster but no one that's really a building block. maybe Aaron Gordon. Do they take a PG? Do they take a combo forward like Isaac if they love his upside. Monk as the top scorer would fit their biggest need of putting up points but is the best overall player?

MIN at #7 could take a PG if they move Rubio. I think they'll go Isaac if he's there but if not they go Markkanen as a stretch 4 next to Towns. But is there a PG they like will be the big question to throw a wrench into that?

NY at #8 seems to be in a BPA spot because they're rebuilding but lack young talent everywhere except the front court. Phil is kind of a quirky drafter though so could he throw a curve ball (Donovan Mitchell or Justin Jackson drafted higher than expected)?

DAL at #9 seems locked in on a PG but one of the front court guys (Collins, Markkanen) could be in play too I'd think.

SAC at #10 is interesting. If they don't get a PG at #5 you'd think that they definitely do here. Otherwise, could go in a couple different directions. Zach Collins and Justin Jackson fit.
    I have it going

Boston-Fultz
    Lakers-Ball
    Philly-Jackson
    Suns-Issac
    Kings-Fox
    Magic-Tatum
    Timberwolves-Markkakken
    Knicks-Dennis Smith Jr
    Mavericks-Ntilikina
    Kings-Monk
    Hornets-Collins
    Pistons-Jarrett Allen
    Nuggets-OG
    Heatonovan Mitchell

Philly goes for BPA and a defensive glue guy with a high floor.

Suns look for defensive potential and a small ball big. You're right about they should be drafting BPA over fit but Booker is the one guy they are committed as a long-term starter, and i don't like the fit of Tatum with Warren/Chriss are the other forwards, taking plays away from Booker. Suns have been drafting for high ceiling and development and Issac has a high ceiling as a modern day nba big.

Kings get the PG they love at a position they lack in. Easy call.

Magic want to push for the playoffs and get a guy that can help them right away. With Gordon moving to the 4 and Ross looking like a bench piece, they have a spot at the 3 for Tatum and he'd be one of their top scoring options.

Wolves are a high candidate to trade their pick IMO, as the best guys on the big board don't really seem to fi what they want. The team lacks in shooting and defense, along with a big to pair KAT with. Markkannen fills a hole and can contribute sooner rather than later.

Knicks get a steal IMO, Smith's the #2 PG on my board, and with Melo/Rose moving out they'll look to develop him as the top scoring option to pair up with Porzingis.

Mavs have had poor PG play for years. Don't know much about Frank, but he can help their defense and get a lot of developmental time. Frontcourt looks set with Barnes/Dirk/Noel.

Kings get a steal in Monk, and a former teammate of Fox. With Vivek's obsession of Splash Bros, Buddy and Monk provides quality shooting.

Hornets love white big men and Collins gives them much needed inside presence

Pistons might trade their pick, but Allen has high upside and will get Myles Turner comparisons which Detroit could really use. Decent faceup game so he can play with Drummond

Nuggets go BPA and get a versatile defender with Gallo/Chandler possibly gone.

Mitchell is a crazy athlete and a high ceiling. Also great defensive potential.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nope... Sorry but no cheaters allowed... If you are caught cheating you shouldnt be next to guys that have done nothing wrong... Lets put a cheater like brady next to some of the best QBs ever like Young and Montana

He has cheated several times and now lies about it and looks like a scumbag pos
    The Death of PSD.

Jay King @ByJayKing
    about 1 hour ago

Report: Markelle Fultz has set up a workout with the Sacramento Kings for this weekend masslive.com/celtics/index.

Reggie Lewis

I really want OG Anunoby. Kid can be a defensive FORCE. I think he can legitimately guard all 5 spots (other than a true back to the basket center). Crucial match-up guy in today's NBA. Gotta love that 7'2" wingspan.

Ivan rabbi had been slipping on a lot of boards...if we could snag him in the second round that would be nice

Reggie Lewis

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast