Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Free Agents this summer

Since we have a draft thread I thought I'd start a free agents thread.

Who do you guys think the C's should target in free agency. Looks like the Celts will have around 30 million in cap space this summer and even more in summer of 2016 depending on what they do this summer.

I would target DeAndre Jordan. I think he is an undervalued rim protector on a team that will not want to pay him max money.

I would offer him a 4 year 20 million dollar deal with an option to opt out after 3 years. This would give the C's a legit NBA center who is only 26 to build around.

Zeller would be a nice backup to him and you could look to move Sullinger and/or KO.

Another guy Id look to sign is Jimmy Butler...also undervalued. Would be difficult to sign both of those guys both those are the boys I'd target.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Since we have a draft thread I thought I'd start a free agents thread.

Who do you guys think the C's should target in free agency. Looks like the Celts will have around 30 million in cap space this summer and even more in summer of 2016 depending on what they do this summer.

I would target DeAndre Jordan. I think he is an undervalued rim protector on a team that will not want to pay him max money.

I would offer him a 4 year 20 million dollar deal with an option to opt out after 3 years. This would give the C's a legit NBA center who is only 26 to build around.
    I like Jordan too but IMO he could do a lot better than 4yr 20mil... Hasn't missed a game in 3yrs... His huge weakness is freethrows... And he's hitting his prime in yrs...

I think DA would still be interested in Asik, which wouldn't be too bad...

I am interested in Tobias Harris, Henry Sims, Robin Lopez...

Aldridge would be great but it's a pipe dream...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Targets:

Centers
    M Gasol
    D Jordan
    R Hibbert
    B Lopez
    R Lopez
    O Asik

PFowards:
    K Love
    G Monroe
    B Biyombo

SFowards:
    J Butler
    K Leonard
    T Harris
    T Young

SGuards:
    K Thompson
    D Green

Affordable/Realistic Acquisition:
    R Lopez
    O Asik
    B Biyombo
    T Harris
    T Young
    Danny Green

Who I'd spend on working with 30mil:

C: D Jordan 4yr 60mil (15m a yr) P/O after 3
    SF: T Harris 5yr 50mil (10m a yr) or 5yr 40mil (8m a yr) P/O after 4

Team:

Jordan-Zeller/Olynyk-Sully/Harris-Crowder/Bradley-Young/Smart-Pressey. (Wallace, Turner, Draft Picks)

Trade Bradley, Sully, Turner & Bos 2015 lottery pick and/or a future 1st, for K Thompson

Starters: Jordan/Olynyk/Harris/Thompson/Smart.

Bench: Zeller/Draft L.A.C pick/Crowder/Young/Pressey (Wallace, 2nd rnd picks)
    Last edited by esb; 01-17-2015 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    Klay Thompson....

vCash
    Less than zero interest in shelling out for Deandre Jordan. Great rim protector, but god he's awful in other areas. He isn't a close-to-max player and he's going to get offers of 10+, especially with the new TV deal coming into play soon. He isn't worth it.

vCash
    Anyways, my tier list of free agents by position:

PG: Goran Dragic, Rajon Rondo, Reggie Jackson, Brandon Knight

SG: Jimmy Butler, Dwyane Wade, Monta Ellis, Wes Matthews, Arron Afflalo

SF: Lebron James, Kawhi Leonard, Jeff Green, Luol Deng, Tobias Harris

PF: Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Paul Millsap, David West, Thad Young, Tristan Thompson

C: Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, DeAndre Jordan, Roy Hibbert, Nikola Vucevic

Gameplan? Keep the youth movement going.

Top targets (taking into account realistic ability to sign, age and potential) --->

1) Nikola Vucevic - Bunch of 20-20 games under his belt, great rebounder, talented scorer, legit size. Nothing to dislike. He's going to be a near max player under today's cap.

****Backup plan: Tristan Thompson - Under-appreciated, talented, could use a fresh start with a young core.

2) Jimmy Butler - Just offer him a max. He's that good. He's turning into a top 2 guard and he's going to be a bargain with the new TV deal if we got him to sign to a current-value max. He's also capable of playing the 3.

*****Backup plan: Sign Brandon Knight (unrestricted) and move Smart to the 2. Knight is a smoother handler, better scorer. Smart could take over Bradley's job, moving Bradley to the bench and strengthening our depth.

3) Tobias Harris - Same situation as Jimmy Butler, but not quite on his level yet. Still talented and developing quickly. He could play 3 or 4 in a small lineup. Tougher than Jeff Green.

Reggie Jackson would be a good depth piece, but not at the money he's asking. Wes Matthews would be a great signing as well, arguably the best two-way wing in the NBA. Wish he was a little younger.

Dream scenario: Sign Vucevic, Butler, and one of Knight, Harris, Thompson.

Marcus Smart
    Jimmy Butler
    Tobias Harris
    Jared Sullinger
    Nikola Vucevic

That's without factoring in the incoming draft picks and whatever we would get from trading Bass, Bradley, Thornton, etc in that situation.

Another route would be:

Brandon Knight
    Marcus Smart
    Jimmy Butler / Tobias Harris
    Jared Sullinger
    Nikola Vucevic

One year turnaround, competitive young team that will grow into a powerhouse. It's pretty cant-miss.

I think Ainge will wait it out until next offseason, not this upcoming one, but Vucevic is still my golden egg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Top targets (taking into account realistic ability to sign, age and potential) --->

1) Nikola Vucevic - Bunch of 20-20 games under his belt, great rebounder, talented scorer, legit size. Nothing to dislike. He's going to be a near max player under today's cap.
    Thought he was locked up long term with the Magic...???

3) Tobias Harris - Same situation as Jimmy Butler, but not quite on his level yet. Still talented and developing quickly. He could play 3 or 4 in a small lineup. Tougher than Jeff Green.
    I think Tobias could be a #1 guy on a team...

Wes Matthews would be a great signing as well, arguably the best two-way wing in the NBA. Wish he was a little younger.
    I was on the Matthews band wagon a few years back as a replacement for Ray Ray...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Did Vucevic extend? I was looking at a list posted in December and he wasn't signed yet. If he got signed, that's awesome for him. He's a great player.

Edit: You're right. I dont know how I missed that signing. He's one of the best bigs in the league.

That being said, I'd still take Thompson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    Klay Thompson....
    He already re-signed.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

vCash
    I'd like K Lenard , Monroe, and Jordan or Hibbert

vCash
    Love would be a dream senerio

vCash
    I didn't realize how good of a yrs Butler and Harris are both having. I'd love to sign just one of them. We are weak at both positions

vCash
    I don't think the bulls will Butler walk. Harris is best option.....Magic drafted Gordon he's plays the 3/4 position.

How about trading for Kyle Anderson from San Antonio offer Prince and a 2nd rnd pick or two 2nds

vCash
    Anyways, my tier list of free agents by position:

PG: Goran Dragic, Rajon Rondo, Reggie Jackson, Brandon Knight

SG: Jimmy Butler, Dwyane Wade, Monta Ellis, Wes Matthews, Arron Afflalo

SF: Lebron James, Kawhi Leonard, Jeff Green, Luol Deng, Tobias Harris

PF: Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Paul Millsap, David West, Thad Young, Tristan Thompson

C: Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, DeAndre Jordan, Roy Hibbert, Nikola Vucevic

Gameplan? Keep the youth movement going.

****Backup plan: Tristan Thompson - Under-appreciated, talented, could use a fresh start with a young core.

2) Jimmy Butler - Just offer him a max. He's that good. He's turning into a top 2 guard and he's going to be a bargain with the new TV deal if we got him to sign to a current-value max. He's also capable of playing the 3.

*****Backup plan: Sign Brandon Knight (unrestricted) and move Smart to the 2. Knight is a smoother handler, better scorer. Smart could take over Bradley's job, moving Bradley to the bench and strengthening our depth.

Reggie Jackson would be a good depth piece, but not at the money he's asking. Wes Matthews would be a great signing as well, arguably the best two-way wing in the NBA. Wish he was a little younger.

Dream scenario: Sign Vucevic, Butler, and one of Knight, Harris, Thompson.

Marcus Smart
    Jimmy Butler
    Tobias Harris
    Jared Sullinger
    Nikola Vucevic

That's without factoring in the incoming draft picks and whatever we would get from trading Bass, Bradley, Thornton, etc in that situation.

Another route would be:

Brandon Knight
    Marcus Smart
    Jimmy Butler / Tobias Harris
    Jared Sullinger
    Nikola Vucevic

One year turnaround, competitive young team that will grow into a powerhouse. It's pretty cant-miss.

I think Ainge will wait it out until next offseason, not this upcoming one, but Vucevic is still my golden egg.

Glad we agree on Jimmy Butler...but I really think if we were somehow able to sign DeAnre Jordan and Butler than we would go from being a bottom team to a team that is one of the better ones in the East. Perhaps I exaggerated in giving him 2o million a year but he is just what this team needs.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Interested to see wha mark gasol will commany. Bring him in and we have sone very moveable pieces in the front court and assts to trade to improve this team. While still having a plethora of draft picks.
    Boston Sports!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast