Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Report: Danny Ainge Considering A ‘Big And Powerful’ Celtics Trade

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop
    Hurricane Danny considering a big and more powerful move, but wants to retain flexibility. May look to get another storm involved.
    10:28 AM - 22 Aug 2015

Obviously no details.

Probably just smoke by Bulpett.

I dont really know what move we could make that would be 'big and powerful' at this point.

We're going to have to make a roster move but I dont expect fireworks.

The only think I can think of, is that he is trying to work out a three team deal. Maybe Cousins?
    I've tried the Trade Machine and nothing really worked

Have been hearing about these rumors and fireworks for a couple of years now. Not getting excited over anything until it actually happens.
    Boston Sports!!

I'm sure he is. Not so sure other teams are considering a deal as strong as he is though.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Markieff Morris was the guy i wanted until Lee and Amir were acquired. Just looking at this team, the only big and powerful additions you could make are adding a scoring 3 or a rim protecting C.

Stevens wants to remain versatile in the front court, so a wing is the only position that realistically makes sense. Unfortunately, who's out there on the market? Rudy Gay? Nobody wants that contract. Joe Johnson? Probably the most realistic option, but i'm not sure how that trade would be constructed and it's hard to say what JJ has left. Just going through the league, just don't see this significant piece being available.

When you read "big and powerful" you think...hmmmmm...who is available that we could trade for?

I cant think of too many big and powerful players that are even "rumored" to be available.

Has Carmelo quietly requested a trade? Obviously nothing reported but that would not shock me.

Is Tristan Thompson available bc the Cavs dont want to pay him?

Cousins and Karl are reportedly patching things up...or gonna try to make it work? SO I dont think Cousins.

You guys mentioned that Markieff Morris wants a trade...but we dont really have a spot for him and we dont really have salaries that can be traded right now for him besides maybe David Lee or Avery Bradley? IDK....

Really not a time in the NBA when players are dealt so I think this could be smoke.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    When you read "big and powerful" you think...hmmmmm...who is available that we could trade for?

I cant think of too many big and powerful players that are even "rumored" to be available.

Has Carmelo quietly requested a trade? Obviously nothing reported but that would not shock me.

Is Tristan Thompson available bc the Cavs dont want to pay him?

Cousins and Karl are reportedly patching things up...or gonna try to make it work? SO I dont think Cousins.

You guys mentioned that Markieff Morris wants a trade...but we dont really have a spot for him and we dont really have salaries that can be traded right now for him besides maybe David Lee or Avery Bradley? IDK....

Really not a time in the NBA when players are dealt so I think this could be smoke.
    Lee (after 9/26), Turner, Young and C's 16', 18' 1st's, Dal and Minny's 16' 1st's...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

I'll take Morris easily. I know we have a lot of 4s - Sully, Lee, Amir, Jerebko - but all of them will be FAs after the season (RFA for Sully, non-guaranteed for Amir/Jerebko). Morris fits the system well and would be another solid piece signed to a reason extension or rookie deal. I think Ainge's plan seems to be to build a good, affordable roster from the 3rd player down while leaving enough cap room to sign/trade for the top 2. Having the good supporting roster, a great coach and a good basketball city is what he'll try to sell them on.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Morris is great value at his contract. I'd feel very comfortable with him as a long term piece.

Anthony is a loser. Great scorer but he will never win. Would have made sense if we kept Rondo but not now.

I would not want Melo unless we had other players to put around him and even then I am not sure I want him unless he was bought out and we could bring him here el cheapo.
    El Presidente

Melo sucks. Maybe in his last year when a team that's going to win needs a gunner off the bench he might get involved in a winning team, otherwise, he sucks. One of the 15 most toxic players to the team concept in the history of the league.

Keeping Rondo would have been idiotic under any circumstances. So glad he's gone. Probably my last I told you so on this topic (the board I mean), but I told you he was garbage as a player and a teammate and I was right.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

A month and a day.... yawn..

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Here's the big trade I'd like to see: Two separate trades tho.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=omtgomx Pick(s) to OKC if needed.

G: Westbrook/Rozier/Augustin
    G: Smart/Young/Hunter
    SF: Crowder/P.Jones/Mickey
    PF: A.Johnson/Lee/Rebko
    C: Zeller/WCS
    Last edited by esb; 09-26-2015 at 03:32 PM.

^ snort

why would OKC ever do this deal? and it's not enough for the C's bust into the top 3 in the East.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast