Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Celtics Training camp 2016-2017

Thoughts on how the rotation may end up in terms of minutes played. Projected starting line-up appears to be It4 AB Jae Horford and Amir... I wouldn't expect us to get much more than 10 deep on a regular basis.
    We have smart rozier brown green JJ KO(possibly not ready for season opening) how do you think the minutes shake up if the roster remains the same?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Also is it possible we see something like jaylen or JJ starting instead of amir. I have no doubt Jae could matchup with most pfs

I'm intrigued on Stevens wanting the bigs to work on 3's to extend the floor... Obviously Amir is not included and is probably just rebounding and passing KO and Zeller the ball...

I think they don't get off to a slow start... 12 and 6 to start oct and nov...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Starting lineup will be:

IT2
    Avery
    Jae Crowder
    Horford
    Amir

I expect Terry Rozier and Marcus Smart to get a lot of the minutes that Evan Turner had...especially Terry Rozier.

I think KO will be a backup big as long as he is healthy Zeller and Jordan Mickey will not see many minutes.

I have already heard the usual that James Young looks great at training camp but barring a trade I just done see how he makes this team.

I also think Jaylen Brown will be in the rotation from the start of the season being a backup to Jae Crowder and possibly playing the 4 a bit.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Starting lineup will be:

IT2
    Avery
    Jae Crowder
    Horford
    Amir

I expect Terry Rozier and Marcus Smart to get a lot of the minutes that Evan Turner had...especially Terry Rozier.

I think KO will be a backup big as long as he is healthy Zeller and Jordan Mickey will not see many minutes.

I have already heard the usual that James Young looks great at training camp but barring a trade I just done see how he makes this team.

I also think Jaylen Brown will be in the rotation from the start of the season being a backup to Jae Crowder and possibly playing the 4 a bit.
    I think Rozier gets close to if not a little more than 20mpg and he plays in at least 70 games...

I think KO will start the season off the bench, but as the season progresses Stevens spot starts him against certain teams... Hopefully he stays healthy so Amir gets good rest throughout the season...

Too bad and jinxed type luck in Philly, but I think JB seizes his opportunity and forces Stevens to get him lots of minutes... Maybe he even makes a push for ROY...??? Tommy, Cowens and the last was Larry...

I am embarrassed to say it, but I'm intrigued by the Young hype coming out of camp...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

I already know people will say JB has no chance because of Dunn, but IMO Dunn has already shown he can be injury prone... He's gonna go 110% but he's gonna hit the floor a lot and I see him and even Minny shutting him down at times to prevent any big injury... Minny will be a better team, but they are young and still need seasoning...

Reggie Lewis

Goodbye R.J. Hunter.

So we have to make two cuts right? Why not just cut hunter and young both have been terrible. I'd rather take my chances holding onto bentil and Jackson whom we know have great work ethics and are on cheaper deals.

I was very disappointed in mickeys first game. He looked like the power forward version of young

Looking back at last years preseason, Young was pretty non existent even when he was given a good chunk of minutes... I'll admit I've been very critical of James Young, but the talk of him bulking up to me says maybe he has started to grow up a little... It's only been one pre-season game so I won't be voting Young for most improved player any time soon, but at this point I would take anything positive from him...

Reggie Lewis

In this very early stage of the season I am psyched about JB and even more psyched to see what new craft(s) AB brings to the table when the real season starts...

I read the article how AB has improved his ball handling and how he has improved within the pick and roll... Corey, I believe this is the 3rd season in a row that I had to admit my mistake of not seeing the positive in AB... The kid seems to be one of the hardest working players in the league... I'm gonna say 75+ games, 17ppg and closer to 39-40% behind the arc for AB...

I will say I am disappointed in what I'm reading about Mickey... I was super high on him out of LSU, but maybe that and the D-League was his ceiling... A team that could be this deep will easily hurt Mickey's chances of getting real minutes...

Reggie Lewis