Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You IT

Thank You IT

As excited as I am for Kyrie coming, I'm also sad the time is up for IT. He just visited the patriots camp and seemed stroked for living in Boston for the long term. He seems like a great guy and a role model for anyone and a great success story for anyone. He was a great scorer and we would not have made the eastern finals without him.

It's a bittersweet goodbye IT, I hope you get your brinks truck somewhere, "please sign in the west"
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

Indeed. The guy was everything you could ever root for - underdog, model citizen, clutch performer, hustled, exciting to watch. IT4 was a great Celtic.

Thank you IT. Go get that Brinks Truck

City of Champions

Tough little dude who was a real fan favorite...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

One of my fav C's ever! Playing a day after his sister's passing was something I will never forget. King of the 4th!
    El Presidente

I'm not a big fan of him. But last season (playoff excluded) he was a fun guy to watch. I'm glad he's gone though.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

Fun to watch. Fun to watch Stevens handle him perfectly. Big part of digging out of the post KG blahs.

His stubborness on money probably will cost him tens of millions.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

One of my favorite guys in the league. I really enjoyed having him as a Celtic, and I think we got the best years of him. The thing that I think sucks the most about losing him, is how vocal he was in recruiting players to Boston and then he gets dealt. That much is pretty gut-wrenching but... Kyrie makes us better overall and that's all that matters.

Some dumbass fans are actually burning his jersey? Wow.

I couldn't burn it, they don't make one that fits me - 3XLL.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    Some dumbass fans are actually burning his jersey? Wow.
    He was traded....he didnt leave via free agency! Unreal!!!
    El Presidente

i wish they would just give it away instead, i'd be happy to take it off their hands. IT4 did a LOT to help this team grow into a legitimate contender.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    i wish they would just give it away instead, i'd be happy to take it off their hands. IT4 did a LOT to help this team grow into a legitimate contender.
    And Coach Stevens did a ton to make the worst defender in the league two times an all star. Everybody talks about what Isaiah did for us, we did a lot for him too.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    And Coach Stevens did a ton to make the worst defender in the league two times an all star. Everybody talks about what Isaiah did for us, we did a lot for him too.
    My point was Isaiah's biggest impact wasn't on the court but off of it. His presence one of the factors that helped recruit Horford (our first big-time still in his prime free agent ever - we got Shaq and Nique before but they were at the end) and Hayward (even bigger than Horford signing), and his community service and tough, underdog, overachieving persona rubbed off positively from his teammates to the fans. Yes Stevens did a lot in helping to bring out the best of him, but we're specifically discussing Isaiah.

Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    Yeah but it's OK to make an unqualified post of appreciation instead of always needing to hedge it. The guy was a great player for us. He had flaws but so doesn't every player in NBA history. He wasn't an all time great or anything but a great player who did a ton for us.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast