Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: Boogie Cousins

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,870
    vCash
    3620

    Boogie Cousins

    With Woj reporting that Karl wants to trade him, I think the C's need to throw everything they have at him. Young players, picks, whatever it takes.


    What do you guys think of Boogie in green

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,705
    vCash
    1500
    Posted this in the morning in the draft thread...

    3 team trade with Den and Sac...

    C's get Cousins, Jason Thompson and Collison...

    Kings get Lawson, Faried, Young, Zeller, Prince's TPE, #7, #16 (or #28) and a future 1st from C's...

    Denver gets McLemore, Sully, McCallum, Rondo's TPE, #28 (or #16) and a future 1st from Kings...

    Kings will free up space and have 2 lottery picks to trade off if they wish...

    Nuggets get some cheap young players and still hold onto Nurkic...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,184
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Posted this in the morning in the draft thread...

    3 team trade with Den and Sac...

    C's get Cousins, Jason Thompson and Collison...

    Kings get Lawson, Faried, Young, Zeller, Prince's TPE, #7, #16 (or #28) and a future 1st from C's...

    Denver gets McLemore, Sully, McCallum, Rondo's TPE, #28 (or #16) and a future 1st from Kings...

    Kings will free up space and have 2 lottery picks to trade off if they wish...

    Nuggets get some cheap young players and still hold onto Nurkic...
    There is no chance the Celtics get Cousins for only Zeller, Young, Sully and a future first....Absolutley no chance.

    The Lakers can put a much better offer on the table centered around the #2 pick in the draft.

    I also could be wrong, but I don't think you can involve the TPE's like you have. First off, I believe you can only absorb a contract into a TPE, not trade the exception. So I think we could only absorb Thompson and Collison into the Prince and Rondo TPE's and that would create a left over, smaller TPE still on our books. Additionally, if the trades were separated, SAC and DEN could receive new TPE's from the league for the players they dealt. But they can't receive our TPE's.

    City of Champions

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    2,726
    vCash
    1500
    I hope that's all it would cost, but I doubt it. Could be like the Ray Allen/KG deals where we essentially traded the farm. Just hope we don't have to get rid of Thomas and Smart. Cousins would absolutely love Stevens too. Their relationship would be great, and that's the key to having Boogie be the franchise player everyone is hoping for. Talented enough to be for sure. I'd HAPPILY welcome building a future around Boogie, Thomas, and Smart.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,184
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotsfan97 View Post
    I hope that's all it would cost, but I doubt it. Could be like the Ray Allen/KG deals where we essentially traded the farm. Just hope we don't have to get rid of Thomas and Smart. Cousins would absolutely love Stevens too. Their relationship would be great, and that's the key to having Boogie be the franchise player everyone is hoping for. Talented enough to be for sure. I'd HAPPILY welcome building a future around Boogie, Thomas, and Smart.
    Cousins would be the ideal franchise player to get in the offseason. Not only does he have the talent, but he's locked up at a very fair price tag for his talent level. Once the salary cap increases after this season, that deal will be one of the best in the NBA.

    However, I can't imagine a trade for SAC where they don't ask for Smart. He's our most valuable trade asset and youngest player with the most potential on the team. If SAC is going to trade their franchise player, they're going to want Smart in return. The only chance we have of possibly making this trade work, would be something like...

    Bradley, Turner, KO, Sully and 2-3 future firsts. Even then, I don't know if that's enough to pry Cousins away.

    At this point we'd have Cousins, Smart, Thomas as our core, plus out 2 picks in the 2015 draft. Unless we can trade G Wallace, we won't have much cap room to build around that this season. in 2016 we could add some Free Agents around that core...But I'm not sold on how appealing that core will really be to a Free Agent.

    As I've mentioned, I think IF he's traded, it's going to be to the Lakers because they have that #2 pick and can center a trade around that.

    City of Champions

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    WOOSTA
    Posts
    3,303
    vCash
    1500
    You can't combine TPE in trades(side deals can be worked out tho)

    And I think the lakers #2 with whatever else is better than any deal the C's could make.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,705
    vCash
    1500
    I agree that the Laker's 2nd pick is a better trade starter, but I just don't think the Kings allows Cousins to stay in Cali...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    38,036
    vCash
    2100
    Offer whatever they want. All four picks this year, Sully, Olynyk, Young, Smart, doesnt matter.

    Keep Thomas, get Cousins, sign a higher level FA (IF we had Cousins, I'd actually WANT Love)....Cousins is a franchise player in a bad franchise.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    24,907
    vCash
    1500
    NBA trades are all about the centerpiece. If LA offers #2, we're not getting him. SAC can get someone with legitimate franchise player potential at that pick. If someone is offering either a pick that projects to be that high or a young player already in the NBA that has that ability we don't have a shot. Only chance we have is if 1) those offers aren't out there and 2) SAC is still desperate enough to move Cousins that they take a quantity over quality package. Cousins is so good and so young that I doubt #1 will be the case and even if by some chance it is, I can't imagine SAC being dumb enough to follow through with #2. But hey, you never know.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,184
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Offer whatever they want. All four picks this year, Sully, Olynyk, Young, Smart, doesnt matter.

    Keep Thomas, get Cousins, sign a higher level FA (IF we had Cousins, I'd actually WANT Love)....Cousins is a franchise player in a bad franchise.
    Yup, spot on. Cousins is that good and that contract allows for so much flexibility. I'd trade everything we have for him. He'd be a bigger get than KG just based on age, ability and contract.

    Love would be great to pair with Cousins. If not Love, really any of the available big men. You could sign 2 MAX Free Agents to pair with Cousins. At that point our cap would be tight but I'm sure veterans in search of a championship would flock to the Celtics with a big 3 already in place.

    City of Champions

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    38,036
    vCash
    2100
    Completely agree. Cousins is one of the only rumored to be available players I'd trade the farm for. He's SO good defensively, and he's a 24/12 player. That's so rare.

    I dont care about his 'attitude'. I actually love it. He's an old school, hard nosed player that doesn't take **** from anyone. He's a beast.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,224
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Completely agree. Cousins is one of the only rumored to be available players I'd trade the farm for. He's SO good defensively, and he's a 24/12 player. That's so rare.

    I dont care about his 'attitude'. I actually love it. He's an old school, hard nosed player that doesn't take **** from anyone. He's a beast.
    Disagree, his attitude is a real concern. He's a coach and franchise killer IMO but his talent is unquestionable.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.


    Red Auerbach

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,184
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    Disagree, his attitude is a real concern. He's a coach and franchise killer IMO but his talent is unquestionable.
    How so? I can't recall anything very serious. He's been in a terrible situation his entire career (I wouldn't be happy either) and I don't know too many super star type players that George Karl has gotten along with, so I wouldn't use that as an example. I'd say his teams poor roster structure and play has been a far larger "coach and franchise killer" than Cousins attitude.

    KG was an ahole too.

    City of Champions

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,224
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    How so? I can't recall anything very serious. He's been in a terrible situation his entire career (I wouldn't be happy either) and I don't know too many super star type players that George Karl has gotten along with, so I wouldn't use that as an example. I'd say his teams poor roster structure and play has been a far larger "coach and franchise killer" than Cousins attitude.

    KG was an ahole too.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...itely/1786651/

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2115397.html

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...technical-foul

    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/...-anger-issues/

    And stop comparing players with KG, please!
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.


    Red Auerbach

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,184
    vCash
    1500
    I'll compare whoever I want to anyone I'd like thank you much. All I compared was their attitudes and to add some other names not KG...Sheed, Perk, Artest, Rodman...etc. How's that for ya. Not KG. Many other good players who WON championships despite they're "bad attitudes". I'll take the tude as long as it comes with talent.

    Prove me wrong. So, SO SOO many players have had similar issues as these very minor infractions.

    You posted 4 articles.

    1. about a suspension for with an argument with a coach. "Conduct detrimental to the team". If the Celtics and Doc went this route, Rondo and KG would have been suspended multiple times for the same reason. Petrie was a joke of a coach.

    2. Ok, childish yes. But remember he was what 21-22 at the time? He shouldn't have attacked Elliot because of his comments on air. But this is a very minor issue and clearly due to being a very young player in the league. Most players in this league between ages 19-23 do something similar that shows they're immature at the time. It doesn't mean they have a bad attitude and doesn't mean they can't out grow it.

    3. 16th tech. How many techs did Rasheed get? KG? Perk? He plays hard. He fouls hard. He gets a tech, thats his punishment. He served it. What's the big deal? I love players that have an edge like this. It's not like he's starting brawls with the fans or other players. Please.

    4. SAC fans will be singing a different tune once he's gone. Just wait.

    City of Champions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •