Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade Deals to Retool Celtics

Didn't see trade thread so I decided to post here apologies in advance if there was one and I just missed it.

IMO the Celtics are set with their core of Rondo and Green as their best players, and I don't think they need to tank or go into a rebuild. While they aren't old, they certainly are not young as Rondo and Green are both 27. Here are a couple of deals that I think would make the Celtics a good team moving forward.

Deal 1 Cavs/Celtics

Celtics receive:
    Anderson Varejao
    Dion Waiters
    Earl Clark

Cavs get:
    Courtney Lee
    Gerald Wallace
    Brandon Bass

Deal 2 Pistons/Celtics

Celtics receive:
    Greg Monroe
    Jonas Jerebko
    Tony Mitchell

Pistons receive:
    Kris Humphries
    Jared Sullinger
    1st Round pick (not sure how your picks will sort out regarding the Nets/Hawks, but whichever gives them the highest position between Celtic's own and the Nets/Hawks pick)

The deals will bring in Monroe and Waiters who will be the players to compliment Rondo and Green. It also adds Varejao and Clark to round out the front-court.

So depth chart would be

Rondo/Bradley/Pressey
    Waiters/Crawford/Bogans/Brooks
    Green/Clark
    Monroe/Jerebko/Mitchell
    Varejao/Olnynk/Faverani

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsMachine View Post
    Didn't see trade thread so I decided to post here apologies in advance if there was one and I just missed it.

IMO the Celtics are set with their core of Rondo and Green as their best players, and I don't think they need to tank or go into a rebuild. While they aren't old, they certainly are not young as Rondo and Green are both 27. Here are a couple of deals that I think would make the Celtics a good team moving forward.

Deal 1 Cavs/Celtics

Celtics receive:
    Anderson Varejao
    Dion Waiters
    Earl Clark

Cavs get:
    Courtney Lee
    Gerald Wallace
    Brandon Bass
    So Cleveland gives up 1 cheap 3yr contract and takes on 2 ugly 3yr contracts...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    So Cleveland gives up 1 cheap 3yr contract and takes on 2 ugly 3yr contracts...???
    Ok so the deal would be Varejao and Waiters for Lee and Bass. I guess that was too much to dump Wallace's contract on the Cavs though I think he would fit with them moreso than any of their current SF's.

I don't think Lee's contract is terrible compared to Wallace's considering it's 5 mil for 3 years which is good value for a guy who defends his position and can space the floor with his shooting.
    Last edited by HoopsMachine; 12-16-2013 at 06:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsMachine View Post
    IMO the Celtics are set with their core of Rondo and Green as their best players, and I don't think they need to tank or go into a rebuild.
    Counting this season, Rondo is now in season 4 of a steep decline from his two best years. He's coming off a nasty injury, and has suffered other injuries as well over the past 4 seasons. How can anyone say we are set with him?

Green might be a decent 5th starter on Finals team, he's no #1 or #2 and never will be.

I don't view those two guys as remotely enough to win with if they are two best players. That's wishful thinking.

Deal 1 Cavs/Celtics

Celtics receive:
    Anderson Varejao
    Dion Waiters
    Earl Clark

Cavs get:
    Courtney Lee
    Gerald Wallace
    Brandon Bass
    The money works, but the trade machine says the Cavs lose 4 more games with these guys. I don't see why the Cavs would do it, and it doesn't really help the Celts all that much either.

Deal 2 Pistons/Celtics

Celtics receive:
    Greg Monroe
    Jonas Jerebko
    Tony Mitchell

Pistons receive:
    Kris Humphries
    Jared Sullinger
    1st Round pick (not sure how your picks will sort out regarding the Nets/Hawks, but whichever gives them the highest position between Celtic's own and the Nets/Hawks pick)
    Hump's expiring is a big win for Detroit. But what you give them doesn't seem to help them in trying to win a title this year.

The deals will bring in Monroe and Waiters who will be the players to compliment Rondo and Green. It also adds Varejao and Clark to round out the front-court.

So depth chart would be

Rondo/Bradley/Pressey
    Waiters/Crawford/Bogans/Brooks
    Green/Clark
    Monroe/Jerebko/Mitchell
    Varejao/Olnynk/Faverani
    You've gutted our PF depth.

Crawford is playing a lot better then Waiters right now.

Bradley is a #2, not a #1

We're also very thin at #3 now

We have too many guards. One of Crawford/Rondo/Bradley must be dealt this season IMO - better two.

Don't like the deals, and the idea of building around Rondo to me is plain awful and short sighted. Green isn't a leader, he's a piece.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-16-2013 at 09:06 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Rondo for Drummond!!!

I have been hearing that the C's are the front runner to land Asik. I personally don't like the move, as his salary will be upwards of $15mil next year and then he will walk in free agency
    UNC players with NBA Rings - 14

Duke players with NBA Rings - 3

vCash
    I have no idea where the NBAforum got that Rondo to Sacramento deal. Okay, I do...the link was posted...but still. http://ca.ibtimes.com/articles/53035...ews-rumors.htm

If that proposed deal is true?

SAC gets: Rondo, Wallace
    BOS gets: I. Thomas, McLemore(sp?), Thornton, Thompson, future draft picks?

Holy ****, Sactown would have to be high on some real good ****. That deal would be done real quick. DA couldn't make that deal fast enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post
    Rondo for Drummond!!!

I have been hearing that the C's are the front runner to land Asik. I personally don't like the move, as his salary will be upwards of $15mil next year and then he will walk in free agency
    The cap hit is only $8.3M next year. Still have to pay him $15M though.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    The cap hit is only $8.3M next year. Still have to pay him $15M though.
    Oh ok then that changes things. Id do that deal if it means unloading Bass or Gforce

vCash
    Celtics get

Kendrick Perkins
    Jeremy Lamb
    2014 first rounder

OKC gets

Avery Bradley
    Brandon Bass

They get rid of Perkins deal and upgrade their roster for a championship run , we get lamb and a late first rounder.

vCash
    If that rumored Sacramento deal has any truth to it....wow

Sign it and don't look back.

vCash
    There's no way SAC is dumb enough to do that. Although, maybe they are. In that case, drive Rondo there personally and get back as quickly as possible to the east coast before the Kings realize what they've done.

The article said 2 future 1sts, which would be ridiculous if it was a 2014 first especially. Kings might not make the playoffs even with Rondo in the West. Plus McLemore and getting rid of Wallace's contract

That being said, that article just isn't true.
    Last edited by BostonBoy; 12-16-2013 at 10:07 PM.

vCash
    Why do you guys like that Sacramento deal so much? I haven't been too impressed with McLemore's game so far. Isiah Thomas I like a lot but I'd rather have Rondo. If they give us 2 1sts then yes but 'future draft picks' is not specific enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    If that rumored Sacramento deal has any truth to it....wow

Sign it and don't look back.
    haha.. that's funny (sorry, i am from the King's forum) ihave been hearing about this trade. it sounds crazy, plus we don't have a first round pick to give at this point, untill some time in the future, we owe one to the cavs.

I stopped at you Corey because you have a T-rob pic for your sig. So I had to stop and laugh. hopefully he learns how to play with his size.

vCash
    The Cavs are owed a 1st rounder from the Kings. The problem is that it is a protected pick through 2017 so the Celtics may not get a 1st rounder until 2019 with that trade. Is that really worth it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post
    The Cavs are owed a 1st rounder from the Kings. The problem is that it is a protected pick through 2017 so the Celtics may not get a 1st rounder until 2019 with that trade. Is that really worth it?
    Sure, the Kings could blow by then.

My version:

Rondo, Bradley, Brooks

for

Marcus Thornton (plays no D, $8M this year - 3 yrs - he's the "Wallace" of this deal)
    McLemore (20 year old rookie, 2nd team All America as a Freshman, 4 years small money, very young still)
    Fredette (another shooter than doesn't play D, final year of deal, audition him)

Next 1st rounder they have that they can trade - bottom 5 protected first year, none thereafter.
    Two second rounders - first ones they have.

They get two players that plug in very well into their system and they are an immediate top 5 team this year.

We get the ability to lose more games, trade Bass, Lee and Hump, get useful 2nd's soon, and a big pie in the sky 1 later.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast