Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

2017 Free Agents

I'm going to start this thread way too early because I see a lot of posters already locked in on Hayward for the Celtics to offer a Max this off season.

He is a very nice player and has ties to Stevens but I don't want to hand him max money + we are pretty stacked on the wings/Crowdahs deal is a steal.

The guy I want us to offer a Max this offseason is.....BLAKE GRIFFIN!

He has been injured the last few year but he's still young, allstar talent, scores, rebounds, passes well and FILLS A NEED!

IT/Bradley/Crowdah/Blake/Horford
    Smart/Fultz/JB/Kelly/Zizic

P.S. if we go after a wing I'd much rather go after Gallinari than Hayward.

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    I'm going to start this thread way too early because I see a lot of posters already locked in on Hayward for the Celtics to offer a Max this off season.

He is a very nice player and has ties to Stevens but I don't want to hand him max money + we are pretty stacked on the wings/Crowdahs deal is a steal.

He has been injured the last few year but he's still young, allstar talent, scores, rebounds, passes well and FILLS A NEED!

IT/Bradley/Crowdah/Blake/Horford
    Smart/Fultz/JB/Kelly/Zizic

I like Blake, but he isn't leaving LA... He seems like a player who enjoys his money and lifestyle rather than chasing a ring... Maybe he'll change in his last part of his career, but I see him more of a celebrity type who's looking well ahead into his future rather than the next 5 years to solidify his basketball career... I could be completely wrong though...

CP3, even with his Statefarm stuff is the guy who wants to solidify his career with a ring... He's close to the end as a starter though IMO... So I say after next season you'll see him jump to a contender...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Well Cp3 just signed a new extension I believe so he's not going anywhere.

Blake could see the clippers window closing and move on to GREENER pastures lol but you could be right about him liking the LA lifestyle

If we have a shot at Blake Griffin I would certainly make him a max offer.....I also think Serge Ibaka is a guy to look at as a fall back option although I would think long and hard about giving Ibaka max money but if you want him you almost have to give him max money.

Gallinari was mentioned but I would only consider him on a short term team friendly deal. Im not paying Gallinari 20 million per year.

Gordon Hayward is a guy I would pay max money too...but Id much prefer to resign guys like Avery Bradley and trade for a guy like Jimmy Butler or Paul George.
    El Presidente

Assuming all players with opt out clauses choose to opt out, here are the guys that I think are worth a max:

Durant
    Curry
    Griffin
    Paul
    Lowry

At this point I don't see any of those as realistic targets. Which leads me to my fear. Ibaka millsap Hayward gallinari maybe even Otto porter and Jrue holiday should probably get max offers too. I just hope the celtics aren't one of those teams to overpay for one of those secondary guys.

Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post
    Assuming all players with opt out clauses choose to opt out, here are the guys that I think are worth a max:

Durant
    Curry
    Griffin
    Paul
    Lowry

At this point I don't see any of those as realistic targets. Which leads me to my fear. Ibaka millsap Hayward gallinari maybe even Otto porter and Jrue holiday should probably get max offers too. I just hope the celtics aren't one of those teams to overpay for one of those secondary guys.
    I would give Hayward the same deal Horford got... mostly because of Stevens. Pass on the rest of secondary guys at a max price tag.

You guys don't think we have a shot at Blake? I think it's very realistic.

Ill pass on Blake Griffin, he is injured too much and I wouldnt give a max to a player who doesnt have a track record of being able to stay on the court.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

I know he's been injured the past few seasons but I know last season was his quad and hand(dumb move) and this season was cleaning up his knee.

Haven't paid close attention to his injury history are they related? Nagging?? Or just a couple random?

When healthy he's one of the best PF in the game IMO

I know he's been injured the past few seasons but I know last season was his quad and hand(dumb move) and this season was cleaning up his knee.

Haven't paid close attention to his injury history are they related? Nagging?? Or just a couple random?

When healthy he's one of the best PF in the game IMO
    Early in his career he had knee surgeries, then various hamstring, quad other injuries etc. Just seems injury prone. His first year he didnt even play because of a knee surgery.

Id rather not give anyone the max this year. Try and sign some players that you can trade for assets at the deadline and move forward with:

Al Horford
    Jae Crowder
    Jaylen Brown
    Brooklyn 17 pick(draft dont trade)
    Brooklyn 18 pick(draft dont trade)

This offseason look to move IT and Bradley to get back into the lottery. Send IT to Minnesota for their pick an AB to Charlotte for their pick.

We have a chance to be dominant for a decade in the post lebron era if we dont sell out right now for a 2-3 year window.

I think we have a chance to do both contend now and later with our sacrificing much. All depends how the dominoes fall of course.

Have a vet core of IT/Horford/Griffin/Crowdah

Young core of Smart/Brown/17-18 Brooklyn picks.

I think we have a chance to do both contend now and later with our sacrificing much. All depends how the dominoes fall of course.

Have a vet core of IT/Horford/Griffin/Crowdah

Young core of Smart/Brown/17-18 Brooklyn picks.
    I would really just pass on Blake Griffin, too injury prone, multiple knee surgeries, leg problems.

As far as IT, I dont want to give him a max contract. He is signed through next year when he will be 29. Not a fan of extending him 5 years at a max for his 29-34 seasons. He would not be worth it in his final two season. He will also be potentially blocking younger high draft picks from playing. Celtics should maximize on Thomas' value now and get the most for him.

With Brown growing and Hayward on the team what would we want with IT anymore?

He's not a 5. Want to max out Horford get a 5. He's drawn to showbiz, no way he wants to be here (high taxes, high cost, cold, boring), he appeals to teenagers (dunks, looks), he's oft injured as you mentioned. Don't see any serious mutual interest.

Hayward is about 2 years younger and less injury prone. They are fairly similar - I think Gallinari is more consistent on O and H better on D.

I'd take both over Griff.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 03-14-2017 at 01:35 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Gallinari was mentioned but I would only consider him on a short term team friendly deal. Im not paying Gallinari 20 million per year.

Gordon Hayward is a guy I would pay max money too...but Id much prefer to resign guys like Avery Bradley and trade for a guy like Jimmy Butler or Paul George.
    Gallinari is easily worth $20 if you want to pay Hayward max.

IT is hurt much of the time, why would you want to pay hm $20M and then cough up Brown, Nets #1 '18, and another #1 at least for either of those guys? Totally unbelievable.

IF either IT or AB is out of the way, JB will be more central to our success than Crowder by mid season - and I like Crowder.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 03-14-2017 at 01:37 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

You guys don't think we have a shot at Blake? I think it's very realistic.
    I came up with my response on my own. He plays for the papers and getting on the cover of them and ET. Boston has sarcastic, worldly writers. He would hate it here. He already knows he hates it here. Where does he go out around here? Durgin Park? Morton's? No way.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast