Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 186 1231151101 ... LastLast

Trade ideas for Celtics

As Dec. 15 approaches that is the date where players who signed free agent contracts can be traded...in other words it is much more likely for a trade to occur between this date and the deadline than before Dec. 15th.

So here is my trade idea.

Looks like Jimmy Butler and Cousins are not going to be available so what about going after Derrick Favors while his stock is low or Ken Farried/Danillo Gallinari in Denver?

I would think we might be able to get Favors for Amir and a brooklyn pick? Too steep? Utah is probably frustrated with him being injury prone and not being able to make the leap from pretty good to all star?

Another idea that i mentioned in another thread is Ken Faried and possibly Danilo Gallinari.
    Nice thing about this trade is I dont think we'd have to give up a Brooklyn pick.

Amir/Jonas/Zeller and the future Memphis pick for Faried/Danilo? Maybe we have to include Rozier
    another option Amir/Jonas/Zeller/Marcus Smart and our 2018 pick for Faried/Danilo. I think this team need a better wing shooter than Jerebko/Jae Crowder and Danilo would fit in well on this team and Faried is exactly what this team needs. Faried is not used correctly in Denver and would bring a nastiness on defense that we have not had this season. Manimal would be instantly loved in Boston.

One final idea is Greg Monroe. I wouldnt give up much for him but if we could get him for Amir/KO id do it. Monroe is a rental that I would not want to retain unless he dropped his 17 million dollar per year price tag but for a cheap trade price he'd be a nice fit here IMO.

Finally...Brook Lopez. Guy is injury prone and overpaid but Brooklyn is looking to rebuild and if it makes Brooklyn worse im all for it. Amir/Jonas/ and a the Memphis pick or our 2018 pick and a guy like Terry Rozier? maybe Amir/Jonas/Smart and not draft pick? hmmmm
    El Presidente

One more idea: Paul George. If Larry Bird decides that PG13 is not the player to move forward with I would give up the farm for him.

Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, Amir and a Brooklyn pick(id also swap our some of those guys for Jaylen Brown or Avery Bradley or even Isaiah Thomas if that is what it took)? Possibly more than that if they wanted it. PG13 is a top 10 arguably top 5 NBA player that you can build a championship team around.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    One more idea: Paul George. If Larry Bird decides that PG13 is not the player to move forward with I would give up the farm for him.

Jae Crowder, Marcus Smart, Amir and a Brooklyn pick(id also swap our some of those guys for Jaylen Brown or Avery Bradley or even Isaiah Thomas if that is what it took)? Possibly more than that if they wanted it. PG13 is a top 10 arguably top 5 NBA player that you can build a championship team around.
    You're not going to have anyone else if you trade away all those players. Im sure we could get him for 2 of those players plus a pick

Mozgov, Robinson 2nd for Johnson, Jerebko

Thomas/ Rozier/ Jackson
    Bradley/ Smart/ Green
    Crowder/ Brown/ J.Young
    Horford/ Olynyk
    Mozgov/ Robinson/ Zeller

Russell/ JC/ Huertas
    Ingram/ Lou/ Calderon
    Young/ Deng/ MWP
    Randle/ Johnson/ Jerebko
    Nance/ Black/ Zubac
    Last edited by LoveCaliFan; 12-11-2016 at 12:57 PM.
    49ers, lakers, sf giants, la kings fan...but im a mountaineer for life..wv to cali...

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCaliFan View Post
    Mozgov, Robinson 2nd for Johnson, Jerebko

Thomas/ Rozier/ Jackson
    Bradley/ Smart/ Green
    Crowder/ Brown/ J.Young
    Horford/ Olynyk
    Mozgov/ Robinson/ Zeller

Russell/ JC/ Huertas
    Ingram/ Lou/ Calderon
    Young/ Deng/ MWP
    Randle/ Johnson/ Jerebko
    Nance/ Black/ Zubac
    Yuck. No interest in taking on that no gob deal. Rather just let Amir/Jerebko expire and try to find a better center in FA with that money.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I think Zeller can be moved easier than Amir... 8mil team option next season for a serviceable center...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Eh. I don't think one is much more movable than the other. They're both guys that should be 4th bigs in a rotation playing 15-20 minutes a night. Different styles but they both fit that general role. It's a matter of which compliments your other bigs more. Both get the majority of any trade value they have as salary match filler. IMO of course.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

JC, Randle, Black, Huertas for Crowder, Rozier, Johnson, J.Young

LAL:

Russell/ Rozier/ Calderon
    Ingram/ Lou/ J.Young
    Crowder/ Young/ MWP
    Deng/ Nance
    Mozgov/ Johnson/ Zubac

BOS:

Thomas/ Smart/ Huertas
    Bradley/ Clarkson/ Jackson
    J.Brown/ Green
    Randle/ Olynyk/ Jerebko
    Horford/ Black/ Zeller
    Last edited by LoveCaliFan; 12-12-2016 at 08:32 PM.
    49ers, lakers, sf giants, la kings fan...but im a mountaineer for life..wv to cali...

I still don't understand why we can't work a Smart/Noel trade. Philly STILL has too many bigs, and Embiid has proven that he's the real keeper there.

Smart would help Philly, and Noel would help us.

I actually just did this trade on NBA2k17, I think it was Smart and 3 2nd round picks for Noel.

Quote Originally Posted by martinaw7 View Post
    I still don't understand why we can't work a Smart/Noel trade. Philly STILL has too many bigs, and Embiid has proven that he's the real keeper there.

I can't see DA and Stevens giving up on Smart... Especially since they still have good contract control with him... IMO, he would really have to regress play wise or do something behaviorally that would put him in the bad graces of DA...

As for Philly, IMO no player on that team is a real keeper... Anything can happen with the right offer...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

The ball moves so much better without IT playing. If only we had a legit scorer, I'd say move on from IT. Smart has looked decent running with the first unit.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

Thank you Brooklyn for the first pick in the 2017 draft. Markelle <3

Quote Originally Posted by celticsman2009 View Post
    The ball moves so much better without IT playing. If only we had a legit scorer, I'd say move on from IT. Smart has looked decent running with the first unit.

thing is we should NOT move on from IT we need to put him at SG and have Rozier stay in the starting lineup at PG /with Smart ..getting a scorer along with IT and Horford ..the offense to me should run through Horford more not one on one with IT ..moving on from him is dumb he is arguable the HEART of this team ..he has the passion the drive and the fire to have this team win .

Quote Originally Posted by martinaw7 View Post

i think Philly wants more. Also Noel only has a year left on his deal after this...remember he sat his rookie season and the C's may not want to pay him what he thinks he could get on the open market. Not sure Noel is going to be a stud NBA player either. My guess is both teams are waiting for better offers.
    El Presidente

Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    You're not going to have anyone else if you trade away all those players. Im sure we could get him for 2 of those players plus a pick
    Id trade Crowder and Amir and a brooklyn pick for PG13 in a heartbeat. I cant believe you couldnt do that. Do I want to get rid of Crowder....NO.....but that puts us in top 2 in the east for sure and PG13 has 6-7 more prime years potentially and could play another 10 years. Slam dunk deal IMO. Also Paul George is a guy players want to play with and he could lure us a free agent this summer.

Remember in my orignal trade I never said we had to trade away Avery and IT2 but I would trade one of those players with Amir(to make salaries work) and a Brooklyn pick in a heartbeat.
    El Presidente

Page 1 of 186 1231151101 ... LastLast