Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jae Crowder

vCash

Jae Crowder

He's played well since coming over in the Rondo trade and is a free agent at years end.

Do you want to keep him?

At what price?

vCash
    I actually dont think I want him back. I think there are better players in that we could go after. If he was willing to come back on a league minimum deal then YES...but I see him getting around 4 million per year from somebody and I dont think we should spend that on him.

I like what he has brought to the table but too inconsistent for me and I view him as a bench player that is best served as an 8th/9th man type role
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    I actually dont think I want him back. I think there are better players in that we could go after. If he was willing to come back on a league minimum deal then YES...but I see him getting around 4 million per year from somebody and I dont think we should spend that on him.

I like what he has brought to the table but too inconsistent for me and I view him as a bench player that is best served as an 8th/9th man type role
    Agreed. Tries to do to much most of the time and very inconsistent on both ends of the floor.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash
    Decent energy guy off the bench on a good team. Not anyone thats gonna turn our franchise around. Let him walk unless he wants to come back CHEAP CHEAP.

vCash
    Wow figured more of you would want him back. I think he'd be a great guy off the bench, great guy to have around the team. Play a D.Carroll/D.Green type of role for us, wouldn't mind giving him $4-5m

vCash
    I would like him back... 4mil is fine by me... He's a team first of player...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Yeah I dont see any downside to signing him to a 4/16 deal

vCash
    Id like for Crowder to be brought back. I don't see him being in high demand with other teams so he should be affordable as well. Hes a very good bench guy
    UNC players with NBA Rings - 14

Duke players with NBA Rings - 3

vCash
    With the cap going up considerably in the next few years 4 million a year would be a bargain especially if he signs for 3-4 years.
    Boston Sports!!

vCash
    Agreed completely

He's an MLE player to a lot of teams

vCash
    Ultimately I think what he does in the playoffs will determine his next payday.

I think the biggest benefit of making the playoffs is not the experience for this young team but showcasing our players...raising some guys stocks/another GM likes what they see for future deals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Ultimately I think what he does in the playoffs will determine his next payday.

I think the biggest benefit of making the playoffs is not the experience for this young team but showcasing our players...raising some guys stocks/another GM likes what they see for future deals.
    If they play Cleveland it will be a 4 game sweep with a wide margin of victory each game. Theres no showcasing with that situation lol. If they can draw Atlanta then MAYBE.
    UNC players with NBA Rings - 14

Duke players with NBA Rings - 3

vCash
    He's average or below average in every category. I'd rather have a 3 and D guy or one dimensional player who''s above average at something.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

vCash
    I say keep him. 3/12 is fine with me. I would really love to see Danny package up any combination of Sully, Turner, Young, Wallace (expiring contract) and picks for a solid SF like Tyreke Evans. Or in the off chance Pierce opts out this year, even giving him a one year deal and have Crowder come off the bench. Aside from Kawhi Leonard, not many good, young SF's out there in free agency :/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    He's average or below average in every category. I'd rather have a 3 and D guy or one dimensional player who''s above average at something.
    I'd say that he's an above average defender.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast