Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 164 1231151101 ... LastLast

16'/17' Offseason Discussion...

15'/16' is over...

8 games better than last season...

Started the season at 17th in most Power Rankings and ended at 8th...

Got dicey towards the end, but Brooklyn found a way to get the 3rd worst record...

Drafting at BK...??? 16, 23, 31, 35, 45, 53 and 58...

May 17th will be one of the most important dates in a long time for the C's in regards to the draft...

Thomas has solidified himself as a starter, which was a big discussion early on...

Crowder was in the running for MIP until his injury...

AB had another improved season which is making his contract look great...

Smart was an enigma in the regular season, but I bet he won many over this post season...

Rozier got playoff minutes and showed some good flashes...

KO...???

Evan Turner...??? Gonna get paid or GONNA GET PAID...???

Johnson and Jerebko IMO proved themselves enough towards the end of the season and this post season to have their team options picked up...

Bye Bye Sully...

Zeller will be a cheap re-sign back center IMO...

Wyc says the C's will have enough for 2 MAX PLAYERS...!!! Possibly another game changer that the C's haven't had in a long time...

Will the fine that DA got for sitting in the stands with KD's mom come back and reward the C's this offseason...???

What FA's or potential trade targets will IT be contacting during the offseason...???

Who the hell is John Holland...???
    Last edited by Forever35; 04-29-2016 at 08:34 AM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    15'/16' is over...

8 games better than last season...

Started the season at 17th in most Power Rankings and ended at 8th...

Got dicey towards the end, but Brooklyn found a way to get the 3rd worst record...

Drafting at BK...??? 16, 23, 31, 35, 45, 53 and 58...

May 17th will be one of the most important dates in a long time for the C's in regards to the draft...

Thomas has solidified himself as a starter, which was a big discussion early on...

Crowder was in the running for MIP until his injury...

AB had another improved season which is making his contract look great...

Smart was an enigma in the regular season, but I bet he won many over this post season...

Rozier got playoff minutes and showed some good flashes...

KO...???

Evan Turner...??? Gonna get paid or GONNA GET PAID...???

Johnson and Jerebko IMO proved themselves enough towards the end of the season and this post season to have their team options picked up...

Bye Bye Sully...

Zeller will be a cheap re-sign back center IMO...

Wyc says the C's will have enough for 2 MAX PLAYERS...!!! Possibly another game changer that the C's haven't had in a long time...

Will the fine that DA got for sitting in the stands with KD's mom come back and reward the C's this offseason...???

What FA's or potential trade targets will IT be contacting during the offseason...???

Who the hell is John Holland...???
    This will be a very interesting offseason for sure.

1. Kelly Olynyk sucks. I'm sorry, but he doesn't give you anything other than spacing the floor and occasionally hitting a 3. I know he was hurt in this series, but he doesn't do anything for you really.

2. Sullinger=Gone. Fat, lazy and yet another one of Ainge's coveted 6'8 unathletic PF. Turner will get paid by the Knicks. He's a nice piece off the bench IMO. If you can find upgrades over Amir and Jonas, I'd say see yah later. More prone to keep Jerebko cause he plays hard. Rozier played fairly well. If he has more offensive upside, I'd rather keep him over Smart.

3. Smart is frustrating. If he only becomes a defensive stalwart, it was a waste of a pick at #6. If he can become a solid offensive player, then I say keep him. Trade him otherwise.

4. Celts desperately need a wing scorer, or basically anyone that can score (Durant) and an athletic mobile defensive big man. Someone that can actually block shots and rebound.

5. Draft will be important. Do they keep the Brooklyn pick, draft Hield at 3? Bender? Probably draft a scorer if at 3.

6. Besides Butler, who else could be a player we trade for to coax Durant to come here?

I wish it was May 17th already. Pray to the ping pong ball gods.
    Last edited by celticsman2009; 04-29-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

Thank you Brooklyn for the first pick in the 2017 draft. Josh Jackson <3

I would say the Celtics front office would love to expedite our rebuild by dealing our picks for proven stars which is ainges strength, trades. However if the most likely scenario plays out where we get pick 4 or 5 how confident are we for ainge to pick the Right players. Obviously we would look to consolidate the picks in some manner but I'm just not super confident in ainge. I know it's early but it might have been nice to have say Justin Anderson or bobby portis this year over rozier, two players that were no brainers. He'll you could have maybe traded down and taken one of them especially how they seem like they would fit beautifully in this team's structure. Then there's trading up for olynk with giannis schroder and gobert in the draft, all who had a fair amount of hype and seemed like much better upside picks....James young???? You can't tell me that kid wowed them in their private workouts... we can get into the prospects as we get closer but I'm uneasy about us drafting. I think there's some good prospects to be had

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I don't know what to predict with this roster. But I want Sullinger gone. Turner back only if in 8-10M range. IT, Bradley, Smart are probably safe unless a superstar comes in return. Olynyk when healthy is a good offensive player, defense is very bad, he has another year to prove he's keeper. Zeller is probably gone especially if Amir stays. Jerebko stays or gets traded, at 5M he's nice piece.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

1. Kelly Olynyk sucks. I'm sorry, but he doesn't give you anything other than spacing the floor and occasionally hitting a 3. I know he was hurt in this series, but he doesn't do anything for you really.
    Disagree. He doesn't "suck"...He is what he is. He's a nice offensive weapon for the second unit. If his minutes are limited he can be a very efficient player for us. He got too many minutes this year...Because well, we have nobody else. I think he stays for sure. He's part of this young core.
    2. Sullinger=Gone. Fat, lazy and yet another one of Ainge's coveted 6'8 unathletic PF.
    Yup

Turner will get paid by the Knicks. He's a nice piece off the bench IMO.
    If so, fine. I'd take him back though for a bench role. 7-9 mil per is fine with me.

If you can find upgrades over Amir and Jonas, I'd say see yah later. More prone to keep Jerebko cause he plays hard.
    Give me Biyombo...He's the younger, non broken down version of Amir. Jerebko stays, unless another team wants him as part of a trade. I think he's a nice bench piece though.

Rozier played fairly well. If he has more offensive upside, I'd rather keep him over Smart.
    I'd like to keep both, but I agree.

3. Smart is frustrating. If he only becomes a defensive stalwart, it was a waste of a pick at #6. If he can become a solid offensive player, then I say keep him. Trade him otherwise.
    Unless we get a star back for him...He stays

4. Celts desperately need a wing scorer, or basically anyone that can score (Durant) and an athletic mobile defensive big man. Someone that can actually block shots and rebound.
    X10000

5. Draft will be important. Do they keep the Brooklyn pick, draft Hield at 3? Bender? Probably draft a scorer if at 3.
    Give me Hield or Ingram - whichever is there. Unless this pick brings back a Superstar.

6. Besides Butler, who else could be a player we trade for to coax Durant to come here?
    I like Butler, but not sure how he meshes with IT. I don't like them as a pair on the court. I think his arrival would piss IT off because it would push him to the bench (even though on a good team, that's where he should be). I'm sure there will be others on the trade block this offseason. I think the NBA is in for a big shake up.

City of Champions

I would perfer Murray, Dunn or Bender over Hield. Hield doesnt do it for me athletically or defensively.
    Boston Sports!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    I like Butler, but not sure how he meshes with IT. I don't like them as a pair on the court. I think his arrival would piss IT off because it would push him to the bench (even though on a good team, that's where he should be). I'm sure there will be others on the trade block this offseason. I think the NBA is in for a big shake up.
    We wouldn't get Butler without including one of Bradley/Crowder and probably Smart. I dont think acquiring Butler pushes Thomas out of the starting lineup. Butler can play the 2 or 3.

Let the Cousins rumors begin again.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

BISMACK, love that guy. I'd be interested in Zaza too as a big off the bench.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

Do you guys want the cap space or for Amir Johnson and Jerebko to return? I like both guys but I almost think having an additional 17M is the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    We wouldn't get Butler without including one of Bradley/Crowder and probably Smart. I dont think acquiring Butler pushes Thomas out of the starting lineup. Butler can play the 2 or 3.
    The way Ainge talks about Bradley, I just can't see him going anywhere. Atleast not for Butler. If it was for a true Superstar (KD) then yeah, you trade anyone they want.

It's too hard to say he wouldn't be on the bench, because there's so many scenarios out there.

My point is, I just don't like Butler and IT on the court at the same time. I think their games inhibit one anothers. Butler didn't mesh well with Rose, I doubt he meshes with IT. My point is, IT goes to the bench due to their games not playing well together...Not due to whoever else is on the roster.

That said...#3, Crowder, Olynyk and trading CHI the right to swap with BRK next year I think would get us Butler. If that were the case...

PG - Smart
    SG - Bradley
    SF - Butler

6th man - IT

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by RaginRondo17 View Post
    Do you guys want the cap space or for Amir Johnson and Jerebko to return? I like both guys but I almost think having an additional 17M is the right move.
    I think Amir could be back, but not under the contract he's under now. He's not going to have a ton suitors on the market...So why not decline the option and maybe sign him again in Free Agency at a lesser number?

City of Champions

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I would perfer Murray, Dunn or Bender over Hield. Hield doesnt do it for me athletically or defensively.
    Bender??? Why? He's a massive risk.

Murray is no more athletic than Heild and not much better defensively either. Funny you'd nitpick those 2 things with Heild, yet they're both Murray's 2 biggest weaknesses haha

Dunn however is the exact opposite. Physical freak for his position, extremely athletic. He's raw though. Danny (myself included) tend to stay away from those types though and go for the lower upside, but higher floor guys. He likes guys that are more polished and NBA ready IMO. And I think if we're going to make major offseason acquisitions...We're going to draft NBA ready players. We'll take flyers/projects with our many second/late first rounders if they're not traded

City of Champions

What if Danny first traded for Westbrook and then tried to lure in KD through FA? Durant is obviously the ultimate reach, but I think that's one of the more plausible ways a team like the C's could land him.
    Last edited by elements1985; 04-29-2016 at 11:56 PM.

KD and Westbrook would be chill lol

Page 1 of 164 1231151101 ... LastLast